A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Where is there any indication of that?

Jon being a Targ and/or Azor Ahai reborn is probably the strongest of the theories out there.

Remember the story of the Harrenhal tourney and the mystery knight? The knight that Aerys told Rhaegar to find? Rhaegar came back empty handed but then named Lyanna the Queen of Beauty or wtv over his own wife. There's a lot of conjecture around the theory, but a lot of shyt that just seems to make too much sense.

Howland Reed wasn't the rider, it's mentioned how poor of a rider he (and swamp men in general) are. Ned mentions how much Arya reminds him of Lyanna, making her a tomboy as well. They paint her pretty much as a more grown up Arya, she had the skills of a knight. The fact that Rhaegar was sent to find the mystery rider but then names Lyanna the baddest bytch the next day seems awfully coincidental.

Then when the kid tells Arya that he and Jon shared the same wet nurse? A Dornish maid from the castle that Ned went to after the Tower of Joy. One of the in-book theories is that Ned smashed Ashara Dayne at Harrenhal, she had Jon in Dorne, comitted suicide by jumping off of the tower out of shame/grief that her baby daddy had killed her brother. But Selmy is of the impression that she gave birth to a stillborne daughter. There's also a theory that Septa Lemore is actually Ashara Dayne.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Where is there any indication of that?

there's a strong possibility and some evidence that jon isn't ned's b*stard son but his sister's and prince rhaegor b*stard, which would give jon royal blood.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Would it be a crackpot theory to say that Howland Reed has Ned Stark's bones? I completely forgot about that shyt until Lady Dustin mentioned that she was looking for them to Theon.

The Silent Sisters were heading to Moat Cailin with Ned's bones and the Moat is Crannogmen turf. :ohhh:

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
Jon being a Targ and/or Azor Ahai reborn is probably the strongest of the theories out there.

Remember the story of the Harrenhal tourney and the mystery knight? The knight that Aerys told Rhaegar to find? Rhaegar came back empty handed but then named Lyanna the Queen of Beauty or wtv over his own wife. There's a lot of conjecture around the theory, but a lot of shyt that just seems to make too much sense.

Howland Reed wasn't the rider, it's mentioned how poor of a rider he (and swamp men in general) are. Ned mentions how much Arya reminds him of Lyanna, making her a tomboy as well. They paint her pretty much as a more grown up Arya, she had the skills of a knight. The fact that Rhaegar was sent to find the mystery rider but then names Lyanna the baddest bytch the next day seems awfully coincidental.

Then when the kid tells Arya that he and Jon shared the same wet nurse? A Dornish maid from the castle that Ned went to after the Tower of Joy. One of the in-book theories is that Ned smashed Ashara Dayne at Harrenhal, she had Jon in Dorne, comitted suicide by jumping off of the tower out of shame/grief that her baby daddy had killed her brother. But Selmy is of the impression that she gave birth to a stillborne daughter. There's also a theory that Septa Lemore is actually Ashara Dayne.

Ok but even if Ashara Dayne is Jon's mom how does that make him a dragon?

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Ok but even if Ashara Dayne is Jon's mom how does that make him a dragon?

Nah, Ashara Dayne isn't Jon's mom, that's just one of the in-universe suspicions. I completely skipped over something so my bad.

I pointed that out to show that Ned left King's Landing to go to the Tower of Joy, and when he came back he had a kid with him. After the shyt that went down at the Tower of Joy, Ned went to Starfall supposedly just to return Dawn, the sword of Arthur Dayne. When Ned came back North, he had a kid with him. So at some point between him leaving Kings Landing, fighting at the Tower of Joy, going to Starfall, and coming back, he got Jon.

Some people in the story assume Ashara Dayne was the mother because of this. Also, Ashara Dayne was pregnant without a father present so people have connected the dots. But the fact that Selmy is of the belief that Dayne gave birth to a stillborn daughter throws some confusion into the situation.

What we know for sure that happened at the Tower is that after the fight when Ned goes in, he finds Lyanna on a "bed of blood" where she asks him to promise her something.

The theory is that Lyanna died during childbirth and the promise is that he'd take care of Jon despite him being Rhaegar's kid.

The timeline fits as well. Selmy is of the the belief that Ashara was knocked up at the tourney at Harrenhal. The same tourney with the mystery rider that Rhaegar left to find, the same tourney he won and declared Lyanna the queen of beauty. So it was atleast nine months between that tourney and Ned Stark arriving at Starfall.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
Nah, Ashara Dayne isn't Jon's mom, that's just one of the in-universe suspicions. I completely skipped over something so my bad.

I pointed that out to show that Ned left King's Landing to go to the Tower of Joy, and when he came back he had a kid with him. After the shyt that went down at the Tower of Joy, Ned went to Starfall supposedly just to return Dawn, the sword of Arthur Dayne. When Ned came back North, he had a kid with him. So at some point between him leaving Kings Landing, fighting at the Tower of Joy, going to Starfall, and coming back, he got Jon.

Some people in the story assume Ashara Dayne was the mother because of this. Also, Ashara Dayne was pregnant without a father present so people have connected the dots. But the fact that Selmy is of the belief that Dayne gave birth to a stillborn daughter throws some confusion into the situation.

What we know for sure that happened at the Tower is that after the fight when Ned goes in, he finds Lyanna on a "bed of blood" where she asks him to promise her something.

The theory is that Lyanna died during childbirth and the promise is that he'd take care of Jon despite him being Rhaegar's kid.

The timeline fits as well. Selmy is of the the belief that Ashara was knocked up at the tourney at Harrenhal. The same tourney with the mystery rider that Rhaegar left to find, the same tourney he won and declared Lyanna the queen of beauty. So it was atleast nine months between that tourney and Ned Stark arriving at Starfall.

Alright so...did Rhaegar and Lyanna meet before that tourney? I was just reading that Lyanna was potentially the Knight of the Laughing Tree and when Rhaegar went to go find the Knight, he found Lyanna and fell in love with her.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
My friends told me the show was very in line with book 1 so I didn't read it

I had no idea that the Tower of Joy happened :damn:

I'm going to read that shyt

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Alright so...did Rhaegar and Lyanna meet before that tourney? I was just reading that Lyanna was potentially the Knight of the Laughing Tree and when Rhaegar went to go find the Knight, he found Lyanna and fell in love with her.

thats the idea. And after that she wasn't really kidnapped by Rhaegar she willing went with him because she knew that was her baby daddy. Had Jon at the Tower of Joy as her brother (and Howlland Reed) was outside killing Arthur Dayne, Oswell Whent and Gerold Hightower.

He promises Lyanna to keep Jon as his own and not reveal his true parentage as it will prolong the war and just be a bad look.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
thats the idea. And after that she wasn't really kidnapped by Rhaegar she willing went with him because she knew that was her baby daddy. Had Jon at the Tower of Joy as her brother (and Howlland Reed) was outside killing Arthur Dayne, Oswell Whent and Gerold Hightower.

He promises Lyanna to keep Jon as his own and not reveal his true parentage as it will prolong the war and just be a bad look.

:wow:

This is too much