A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Son that shyt hurt me after I read that chapter, Jaime is my favorite character but I just don't see how things are going to go his way. Brienne swore a oath to catelyn and I doubt she's gonna betray that :to:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's going to die before the story ends. Lannisters are all toast whoever takes the throne.

Melisandre's of suspicion of Patchface has me shook. Is he like evil on the down low? My brother told me something about him predicting the Red Wedding :ohhh: I didn't catch that when reading parts concerning him.

I'm almost done, up to the Theon chapter where it looks like he's tasked to rescue Jeyne Poole. One thing I can say is the deeper I get into this book the more I can't get down with Melisandre/Stannis co-op. Something like the crusades about to break out on Westeros.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's going to die before the story ends. Lannisters are all toast whoever takes the throne.

Melisandre's of suspicion of Patchface has me shook. Is he like evil on the down low? My brother told me something about him predicting the Red Wedding :ohhh: I didn't catch that when reading parts concerning him.

I'm almost done, up to the Theon chapter where it looks like he's tasked to rescue Jeyne Poole. One thing I can say is the deeper I get into this book the more I can't get down with Melisandre/Stannis co-op. Something like the crusades about to break out on Westeros.

I dont know if hes evil but i know hes batshyt crazy so who knows lol..heres the prohecy tho

"Fool's blood, king's blood, blood on the maiden's thigh, but chains for the guests and chains for the bridegroom, aye aye aye."

This mumbling from Patchface seems to match the aftermath for the Red Wedding quite well. The slaughter did not begin until the Frey bride of Edmure Tully was deflowered, thereby sealing the marriage beyond the possibility of easy annulment and Edmure and the surviving guests were chained.

:merchant:

-----
new set picture

barrisstan in the cut...thats a scary sight :merchant:

8097298926_345b8bae69_k.jpg

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I dont know if hes evil but i know hes batshyt crazy so who knows lol..heres the prohecy tho

:merchant:

:ohhh: :sadcam:

----------------------------

Is it safe to say that Tywin Lannister was the best war commander of his time? They stay using dude for reference :damn:

Tyrion on the Yunkai, he notes that Daenarys is too innocent cause had it been Tywin Lannister against the Yunkai all them nigs would have been squashed after getting their water system poisoned.

Jon Connington, on searching for Robert Baratheon in the Stoney Sept. What was looking like a sure thing turned out to be a fiasco for Connington when the Starks and Tully came to Robert's rescue. His critics say Tywin would have just burn the entire motherfukker down and then get the Starks and Tullys to cop pleas :krs:

I know he was one of the most vile dudes in the books but I can't help but respect the dude. Only shyt he did wrong which screwed him over was the Tyrion abuse. You can tell that if Tywin and Tyrion got along the whole kingdom would have been Lannister turf.:merchant:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Is it safe to say that Tywin Lannister was the best war commander of his time? They stay using dude for reference

Tyrion on the Yunkai, he notes that Daenarys is too innocent cause had it been Tywin Lannister against the Yunkai all them nigs would have been squashed after getting their water system poisoned.

Jon Connington, on searching for Robert Baratheon in the Stoney Sept. What was looking like a sure thing turned out to be a fiasco for Connington when the Starks and Tully came to Robert's rescue. His critics say Tywin would have just burn the entire motherfukker down and then get the Starks and Tullys to cop pleas

I know he was one of the most vile dudes in the books but I can't help but respect the dude. Only shyt he did wrong which screwed him over was the Tyrion abuse. You can tell that if Tywin and Tyrion got along the whole kingdom would have been Lannister turf.

nah you definitely right about tywin, that dude can outsmart anybody. Until his death, he was doing EVERYTHING right. Robb outsmarted him in two small battles, but tywin made sure he ended the war when he got the boltons and freys on his side and got them to murder rob during the red wedding.

Abusing tyrion WAS his demise, they probably couldve ran shyt from westeros all the way to ashaii but his own hatred for tyrion ended up killing him.

and you know what, im not mad at tyrion at all. That dude did so much for the lannisters to just end up getting shytted on at the end, tywin deserved to die.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
And Tyene is gonna be close to the septon that had Cersei...

walking stark naked through Kings Landing bald and disgraced Cersei has NO power whatsoever we still don't know the fall out from Kevan's death

and Nym is no dummy as a matter of fact Doran was intelligent to send Nym and Tyene the both have as much if not more tact that the Red Viper

I finished ADwD. :whew: So I decided to come back to this post and read the spoiler.

I'm gonna say I don't agree with that at all. Cersei ain't down for the count yet, thanks to Qyburn and Varys. She has an upcoming trial by combat with that monster "Ser Robert Strong" as her champion. Which I'm pretty sure she's going to win, who the Faith got? Lancel? :childplease: He's a red shirt just waiting to happen, he's as good as canon fodder if he's set to fight that golem.

Also Kevan Lannister is dead and can't force Cersei to Casterly Rock anymore, so it looks like her and Qyburn or set up to wreck shop. Yeah she may not have no power but Qyburn seems like he's on her corner and she can scheme through him. Let's not forget that Varys killed Kevan to keep Cersei shenanigans in the game and keep the chaos runnin'.

The fall out from Kevan's death? Cold war within KL most likely, even Varys said as much in his speech after shooting Kevan.

After what Varys said I think I want to support Prince Aegon :whoo:

Someone said Randyll Tarly may be a secret Targaryen supporter I got no indication of that from this book or any of the others where he's mentioned or makes an appearance :dwillhuh:

If that's true and he joins Aegon, the Tyrells are fukked...

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I finished ADwD. :whew: So I decided to come back to this post and read the spoiler.

I'm gonna say I don't agree with that at all. Cersei ain't down for the count yet, thanks to Qyburn and Varys. She has an upcoming trial by combat with that monster "Ser Robert Strong" as her champion. Which I'm pretty sure she's going to win, who the Faith got? Lancel? :childplease: He's a red shirt just waiting to happen, he's as good as canon fodder if he's set to fight that golem.

Also Kevan Lannister is dead and can't force Cersei to Casterly Rock anymore, so it looks like her and Qyburn or set up to wreck shop. Yeah she may not have no power but Qyburn seems like he's on her corner and she can scheme through him. Let's not forget that Varys killed Kevan to keep Cersei shenanigans in the game and keep the chaos runnin'.

The fall out from Kevan's death? Cold war within KL most likely, even Varys said as much in his speech after shooting Kevan.

After what Varys said I think I want to support Prince Aegon :whoo:

Someone said Randyll Tarly may be a secret Targaryen supporter I got no indication of that from this book or any of the others where he's mentioned or makes an appearance :dwillhuh:

If that's true and he joins Aegon, the Tyrells are fukked...

Nah, i think Cersei is kaput, sure she's gonna be in power in name as regent, but Tyene is VERY persuasive not to mention just as much a master in poison as her father. everything in Westeros just got more interesting with the introduction of this new generation of killas. Aegon, the Sand Snakes, zombie Jon, these are all the children of Heroes. Its they time.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Nah, i think Cersei is kaput, sure she's gonna be in power in name as regent, but Tyene is VERY persuasive not to mention just as much a master in poison as her father. everything in Westeros just got more interesting with the introduction of this new generation of killas. Aegon, the Sand Snakes, zombie Jon, these are all the children of Heroes. Its they time.

Considering the prophecy of Cersei getting murked by one of her brothers, I think she's propped up to do some more damage till the time comes. :yeshrug:

Nym could be in trouble if Doran takes up arms with Prince Aegon. The court has a lot of Tyrell nikkas who don't even like Dorne.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
Just finished reading all the books in a month :wow:

I KNOW I'm not the only one that thinks Prince Rhaegar is going Racer X on everybody right now...the dragon has 3 heads. So far we only have 2. Aemon lamented that he wouldn't be at Dany's side to help her save the world, cus he knew she needed people with the blood of the dragon. So far we only know of 2 people who truly have the blood of the dragon, Dany and Aegon. Nobody knows if Robert actually killed his ass on the Trident, it could be a case of a new king writing history as he wants it written...Remember the priest dude at the end of the river on that island that Brienne and Podrick and that priest witht he dog visited? Why was he much more knight looking pious? :youngsabo:

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
Also I think Melisandre is gonna bring back Jon just like Thoros brought back Beric all those times and Beric brought back Cat.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
Its already too late for Stannis

Hes the pawn in a room full of kings:smugfavre:

Stannis has nothing my man I don't know where you think he's gonna get the power to overtake Dany, no matter how hard she tries to fukk it up. She has all the power of the red priests (Melisandre's eventually gonna see she fukked up and will help Dany), she's gonna have Dorne and her cousin Aegon with his whole army, she's gonna have Barristan the GOAT leading her army which includes the motherfukking Unsullied. And then she has fukkING DRAGONS.

How is he gonna stand up to that?

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Just finished reading all the books in a month :wow:

I KNOW I'm not the only one that thinks Prince Rhaegar is going Racer X on everybody right now...the dragon has 3 heads. So far we only have 2. Aemon lamented that he wouldn't be at Dany's side to help her save the world, cus he knew she needed people with the blood of the dragon. So far we only know of 2 people who truly have the blood of the dragon, Dany and Aegon. Nobody knows if Robert actually killed his ass on the Trident, it could be a case of a new king writing history as he wants it written...Remember the priest dude at the end of the river on that island that Brienne and Podrick and that priest witht he dog visited? Why was he much more knight looking pious? :youngsabo:

jon snow might be the third dragon...

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
jon snow might be the third dragon...

that's the conventional theory...

Finding Ned finding Lyanna in a bed of blood, making him promise to not say what happened in the Tower of Joy (which is assumed to be Jon's birth) his REFUSAL to reveal Jon's mother.

:yeshrug:

It makes sense to me. But there's alot of possible squads. You still got Tyrion and Jorah still looking for Dany, Aegon is gonna side with her if she ever makes it to Westeros and Dorne will almost immediately raise for Aegon/Dany as will the North if Jon/Sansa/Bran/Rickon sides with them as well.