A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The fact that Aegon and them rolled up on Dorne with their Dragons and a washed Princess Martell told them to kick rocks is still baffling to me because all she did was tell the Targaryens that Dorne wasn't gonna bend the knee and burn it all down if that's what you want.

She accomplished what an army of 50K plus (Westerlands and the Reach) couldn't do and she didn't lift a finger to do it

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody read this? I'm halfway through and :dead:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Definitely. There's some good ass stories

The original pilot cost 10 million and was so trash it'll never see the light of day:wow:

Them nikkas convinced HBO to dropped another 10mil to try again:wow:
I was actually reading a few articles about the original pilot last week. I'm a definitely check it out.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
it's amazing how much i hated half the characters by the time the og show ended.

i was neutral on jon and dany because i'm unapologetically #TargSet

but all the stark kids sucked

tyrion was a dumbass making cock jokes

the hound, tormund, and the other fan favorite comic relief characters were spouting cac reddit humor lines every two seconds

cersei sat around doing jack shyt staring out windows and what not

just baffling how they built these characters up for a good four seasons just to fumble the bag towards the end.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
it's amazing how much i hated half the characters by the time the og show ended.

i was neutral on jon and dany because i'm unapologetically #TargSet

but all the stark kids sucked

tyrion was a dumbass making cock jokes

the hound, tormund, and the other fan favorite comic relief characters were spouting cac reddit humor lines every two seconds

cersei sat around doing jack shyt staring out windows and what not

just baffling how they built these characters up for a good four seasons just to fumble the bag towards the end.
Unfinished books>>>>>Finished show.

This will be the consensus for eternity. And it’s nothing but the truth..

I’ll take the mystery and fan theories and fan made endings about how the books may end, over the actual finished product of the show finale.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Still trecking on in my reread of the series. :wow:

Every night I knock out a couple chapters before I go to bed. I'm on Clash of Kings now. Just finished the chapter where Danaerys visits the house of the Undying last night. There's still a good bit that needs to be revealed about the prophecies.

"Three fires must you light... one for life and one for death and one to love... three mounts must you ride... one to bed and one to dread and one to love... three treasons will you know... once for blood and once for gold and once for love..."

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Still trecking on in my reread of the series. :wow:

Every night I knock out a couple chapters before I go to bed. I'm on Clash of Kings now. Just finished the chapter where Danaerys visits the house of the Undying last night. There's still a good bit that needs to be revealed about the prophecies.

"Three fires must you light... one for life and one for death and one to love... three mounts must you ride... one to bed and one to dread and one to love... three treasons will you know... once for blood and once for gold and once for love..."
I’m convinced at this point that GRRM really likes a couple of fan theories, specifically The Great Northern Conspiracy, and the reason it is taking so long is because he wants to incorporate it into the story, which is harder than he thought. Some of those fan theories are intricate as fukk.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m convinced at this point that GRRM really likes a couple of fan theories, specifically The Great Northern Conspiracy, and the reason it is taking so long is because he wants to incorporate it into the story, which is harder than he thought. Some of those fan theories are intricate as fukk.

what’s the great northern conspiracy in a nutshell…is it something that can even be summarized in a post?

I see that you pointed out some of these theories are real intricate

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
what’s the great northern conspiracy in a nutshell…is it something that can even be summarized in a post?

I see that you pointed out some of these theories are real intricate
It’s dope as fukk, but it’s basically before a group of houses that are secretly completely loyal to the Starks, the north remembers, all that. I can’t do it any Justice
Game of Thrones Theorycrafting: The Grand Northern Conspiracy