A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
I really want to see Dunk & Egg and the Blackfyre rebellions done first before they go into Aegon's conquest. Robert's rebellion as well.
Aegon's conquest or The Long Night are just too far back to have the same political intrigue.

I think my ideal scenario would be to start a show about Robert's rebellion in about 10 years and have it go right into ASOIAF for a redo :wow:
I need to see Stannis and Beric Dondarrion done right, plus the inclusion of Wyman Manderly and Lady Stoneheart. They can do the conquest after that.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Aegons Conquest is mostly just dragons wrecking shyt, far less intrigue to be had than with the Dance and the Blackfyre rebellion. I mean, everybody knows from the start it ends up with Aegon on the throne :yeshrug:
At least here non-book folk have no idea of the amount of fukkery and dragon battles they are in for.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
More or less it the blacks rhae vs the greens alicent that what they call the different sides in the war

good looks…listening to the civilizationex run-through…crazy how this turns from 2 girls being best friends to an all-out civil war…someone spoiled alicent bearing viserys male children in the main thread so that made me curious to seek out a few more spoilers…I was curious to know if he’d renege on his promise to his daughter and side with alicent but it’s cool to find out he did his best to ensure that rhae would take over as promised until he died…I don’t want to read the book(s) as to protect some elements of the show even tho I’m getting a summary of the main events…I’ll probably forget most of it by the time the show get to these events with the exception of the blood and cheese assassination…dunno why but the brief description of it caught my attention the most…overall it sounds like the drama is gonna be even messier than GoT :banderas:

Last edited:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good looks…listening to the civilizationex run-through…crazy how this turns from 2 girls being best friends to an all-out civil war…someone spoiled alicent baring viserys male children in the main thread so that made me curious to seek out a few more spoilers…I was curious to know if he’d renege on his promise to his daughter and side with alicent but it’s cool to find out he did his best to ensure that rhae would take over as promised until he died…I don’t want to read the book(s) as to protect some elements of the show even tho I’m getting a summary of the main events…I’ll probably forget most of it by the time the show get to these events with the exception of the blood and cheese assassination…dunno why but the brief description of it caught my attention the most…overall it sounds like the drama is gonna be even messier than GoT :banderas:
:patrice:he was a good father but not a good king that all I can say about that:hubie:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
So I see a lot of people taking the Targaryen part of the profecy literally, like if a targ is not in the throne the others will win, personally I see it more as Targ hubris, Aegon thinks they are the only ones powerful enought to protect the kingdom or he saw that dragon fire can kill them and since at least to his knowledge they are the only dragon masters left then they are the only defense left, but i don't think that if fake Aegon is on the throne then the world will end becasue the profecy said it has to be a Targ.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Aegons Conquest is mostly just dragons wrecking shyt, far less intrigue to be had than with the Dance and the Blackfyre rebellion. I mean, everybody knows from the start it ends up with Aegon on the throne :yeshrug:
At least here non-book folk have no idea of the amount of fukkery and dragon battles they are in for.
You could def do Aegon's Conquest and add intrigue. The show could make Westerosi house leaders supporting characters so you see their preparations and plots against Aegon, ultimately ending in defeat or alliances. Torrhen Stark could play a major role for instance, ultimately ending in him bending the knee.

IMO these shows will only work with dragons. I love Dunk & Egg but I'd bet money it won't be successful. Aegon's Conquest is the next best prequel idea, after Dance Of Dragons. You'd get three grown dragons and two badass main female characters. Plus the Dornish angle would be very interesting. They almost assassinated Aegon, if it wasn't for Viseynia saving him. And of course they killed Aegon's other wife and her dragon.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
You could def do Aegon's Conquest and add intrigue. The show could make Westerosi house leaders supporting characters so you see their preparations and plots against Aegon, ultimately ending in defeat or alliances. Torrhen Stark could play a major role for instance, ultimately ending in him bending the knee.

IMO these shows will only work with dragons. I love Dunk & Egg but I'd bet money it won't be successful. Aegon's Conquest is the next best prequel idea, after Dance Of Dragons. You'd get three grown dragons and two badass main female characters. Plus the Dornish angle would be very interesting. They almost assassinated Aegon, if it wasn't for Viseynia saving him. And of course they killed Aegon's other wife and her dragon.
Yeah it might be cool to see it play out but what are the stakes? Everybody knows it ends up as seven kingdoms under the iron throne, with enough dragons and targaryens left for offspring. Any player with a name the audience knows, like Stark or Lannister, their bloodline gonna live and end up in a position of power.
Sure they can add some plotting and minor twists but in the end the conquest has the ending right there in its name: it's Aegons Conquest, everyone else will eventually bend the knee.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Yeah it might be cool to see it play out but what are the stakes? Everybody knows it ends up as seven kingdoms under the iron throne, with enough dragons and targaryens left for offspring. Any player with a name the audience knows, like Stark or Lannister, their bloodline gonna live and end up in a position of power.
Sure they can add some plotting and minor twists but in the end the conquest has the ending right there in its name: it's Aegons Conquest, everyone else will eventually bend the knee.
I don't disagree but we're in an era where people want prequels and backstories. I tend to think prequels are lame and most don't need to be done. If I was an HBO exec though? Aegon's Conquest is the next best idea. The rest should be scrapped IMO. Nymeria's conquest...why. No dragons and while I'd imagine they're exploring this due to it having a woman as the main character...I don't see it working. And that gets us back to Aegon's Conquest where you get two women as leads...plus dragons lol.

Basically no dragons, no show.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
i was so open to black velaryons because the world has been set up to be bereft of black people. you ask any lore cacs they try and dress it up like "they not sposed to be there, they come from the southern isles/sothoryos" and it's like just say you want all the n!ggers in one place so you can have your cracker fantasy circlejerk.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I don't disagree but we're in an era where people want prequels and backstories. I tend to think prequels are lame and most don't need to be done. If I was an HBO exec though? Aegon's Conquest is the next best idea. The rest should be scrapped IMO. Nymeria's conquest...why. No dragons and while I'd imagine they're exploring this due to it having a woman as the main character...I don't see it working. And that gets us back to Aegon's Conquest where you get two women as leads...plus dragons lol.

Basically no dragons, no show.
The dragons weren't even the reason got got popping.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
tWr3FwY2Df8Htt1mh_p1hcMcJcOWAhGssJrVD6ZTSY4.jpg

:wtf: :dahell:

:mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: