A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
So explain to me what the difference is between what Aegon did and what Robert Baratheon did. Robert didnt "conquer" lands when him and Ned were rebelling against the mad king?Come on brehs its the same shyt!!!!

If Danerys or Aegon come to power they would mos def kill Stannis being the Usurpers brother plus Stannis put in work during the rebellion.:salute:

For one, Robert's rebellion was a defiance (Arryn), motivated by revenge (Stark and Baratheon) which granted opportunities (Lannister) while Aegon's was purely a conquest for unification.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
On Robb Stark, Robb is supposed to have tactical prowess but he fails to share his plan to trap Tywin west of the Riverlands with the bannerman responsible for guarding the Riverlands, Edmure. The plan is ruined when Edmure delays Tywin cause he doesn't know. When Robb and Brynden comes back He gets ripped on for fukking up the plan :whoa: The fukk?

If they wanted it to work why didn't Robb or Brynden just tell the man what was up before they set out to get the jump on Tywin?

It's little shyt like this that makes me feel like I should have seen Robb's death coming...

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
I have to agree, Robert is no more an usurper than Aegon is. 'Legitimacy' doesn't matter in a society as martial as Westeros. It's basically a case of "might is right". Victory is self-legitimizing.

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
I have to agree, Robert is no more an usurper than Aegon is. 'Legitimacy' doesn't matter in a society as martial as Westeros. It's basically a case of "might is right". Victory is self-legitimizing.

Someone finally gets it THANK YOU!!!!

I was about to ask them if they were just trolling me with their argument on Robert and Aegons differences glad to see someone understands they are 2 sides of the coin,motives having no bearing.

Hell just look at all the great usurpers throughout history:laugh:(Ceaser,Attilla,Various european kings,etc)they came(to lands already inhabited by the lands natives)they saw(these new lands and who ruled)and they conquered(Get down or lay down) therefore uniting the known world during their respective times.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I was at the time playing devil's advocate... i personally think that the Targs sealed their own fate the minute that Areys burned up Ned Daddy. Tyrants DESERVE to be usurped

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Someone finally gets it THANK YOU!!!!

I was about to ask them if they were just trolling me with their argument on Robert and Aegons differences glad to see someone understands they are 2 sides of the coin,motives having no bearing.

Hell just look at all the great usurpers throughout history:laugh:(Ceaser,Attilla,Various european kings,etc)they came(to lands already inhabited by the lands natives)they saw(these new lands and who ruled)and they conquered(Get down or lay down) therefore uniting the known world during their respective times.

:whoa: Alright breh, you won. Just be ready to commit that if Stannis gets checked and body bagged.

DonkeyPuncher718

Daps
Reppin
The Wall
:whoa: Alright breh, you won. Just be ready to commit that if Stannis gets checked and body bagged.

:umad:

552043_10151069546772734_1323876765_n.jpg

Bend the knee while you still have them before it's too late....

DonkeyPuncher718

Daps
Reppin
The Wall
400 pgs done and is looking at 2014 publishing date :noah:

Im not getting my hopes up tho :mjpls:

fukking ridiculous I cant believe we have too wait so long:angry:

]Its already too late for Stannis

Hes the pawn in a room full of kings[/B]:smugfavre:
:childplease:

Come on breh stop it he is the last Baratheon left just like Danerys is the last Targaryan:troll: George Martin aint killing them off.

Only Pawn in a room full of kings?Are you serious?Of all the people going for the Iron Throne he has the best claim,Is battle tested and would be the most just and fair ruler of them all.

You say its too late for Stannis yet I would tell you be patient the Lord of Light will show you the truth.If you go back to the last episode of season 2 after the blackwater battle,right after Stannis chokes out Mellisandre:laugh: Mellisandre shows Stannis the future in the fire and he sees himself as king yet the crown burns the skin flesh off his head.He talks to Davos about this after Edric Storm is introduced I think in ASOS or ADWD.

I know some of you are saying not everything is true that is showed in the fire I say true but fukk you I think she got that vision right:salute:

If you go before the blackwater battle there is a scene where Stannis,Davos,Mellisandre and Davos son(Forgot his name) are in a room and she whispers in Davos son ear that a death by fire is the cleanest death,foretelling his death by wildfire during the blackwater battle.

Trust me when Stannis meets his connect at the Iron Bank of Braavos after this little skirmish with the Freys its about to be on and popping you about to witness a dynasty like no other:huhldup:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Stannis is outa there brehs claim dont mean shyt...the people don't love him and neither do any of the major players.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
fukking ridiculous I cant believe we have too wait so long:angry:

:childplease:

Come on breh stop it he is the last Baratheon left just like Danerys is the last Targaryan:troll: George Martin aint killing them off.

Only Pawn in a room full of kings?Are you serious?Of all the people going for the Iron Throne he has the best claim,Is battle tested and would be the most just and fair ruler of them all.

You say its too late for Stannis yet I would tell you be patient the Lord of Light will show you the truth.If you go back to the last episode of season 2 after the blackwater battle,right after Stannis chokes out Mellisandre:laugh: Mellisandre shows Stannis the future in the fire and he sees himself as king yet the crown burns the skin flesh off his head.He talks to Davos about this after Edric Storm is introduced I think in ASOS or ADWD.

I know some of you are saying not everything is true that is showed in the fire I say true but fukk you I think she got that vision right:salute:

Stannis is going to get torn a new a$$hole and it's going to be Melisandre's fault unwittingly or willingly I don't know. George Martin ain't killin' off who? Breh in this book Houses has been wiped off for less.

As soon as it was implied that his light saber was fake I feel like he's fukked. Stannis got the best claim? :usure:

You must not know Varys and Littlefinger who've been doing one man demolition shyt all over Westeros this whole time. Stannis wouldn't even have a claim without those guys. Once Stannis flies through their crosshairs.........

VCOver.gif

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I might be alone in this but I fukkin' hate them Sand Snakes...

Also Bowen Marsh sounds like a nikka from SOHH. "Why you makin' that dude your steward? You know he used to take dikks in the ass right?" :leostare:

It's like Jon Snow is trying to kick preparation and knowledge to this nikka but he always on that bullshyt telling Jon :ufdup: