A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Nah he needs to focus on Kingkiller Chronicle :ufdup:

Don't rob me of that breh pls
I’m just saying I like the way he writes characters and would love to see him takeover, but 1. Nobody is gonna take over, and 2. Pat is proving himself to be another mutha fukker that might not even finish his own shyt, smh. ultimately, I fukk with Brandon, Tad Williams, and Joe Abercrombie way more *pause* because they actually have the ability to push really quality work out at 10 times the speed of these two

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
Really want to read this after watching his lectures but I don't wanna read another thousand page book:snoop:
You can always check out his other books, too, the mistborn series, all of the series aligned with it, are excellent. The best part about his books are that the vast majority all take place in the same universe, and he ties them all together subtlety. Imo he is the best world builder since Tolkien (I recognize the contributions, but I don’t really gaf about LotR)

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:hhh:@ the blasphemy to GRRM in here. I’ve peeped some of these other writers and they ain’t got shyt on the immersion and imagery GRRM brings to the table

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
His character writing is second to none.
Joe Abercrombie, Brandon Sanderson, and Scott Lynch are all 3 better at writing characters. As far a character complexity, nobody really fukking with Brandon right now, he has a few characters over a few different series that shyt on all the characters of Ice and Fire. And Sanderson’s world building is better right now. George has been too distracted chasing them M’s, he has let these other folks come in and take over

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Joe Abercrombie, Brandon Sanderson, and Scott Lynch are all 3 better at writing characters. As far a character complexity, nobody really fukking with Brandon right now, he has a few characters over a few different series that shyt on all the characters of Ice and Fire. And Sanderson’s world building is better right now. George has been too distracted chasing them M’s, he has let these other folks come in and take over

nah

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Pathetic. I haven't cared in awhile but this is just laughable. I waited for ADWD...that was a long ass, ugly wait. And I understood why it kept getting delayed - because Martin explained the process, how the Dany situation in Mereen was difficult to solve, and ultimately how he solved it (Barristan getting a POV). With Winds we have no real framework of understanding what's going on.

All we know is that 200 pages were moved from Dance to Winds. Which means he started out with 200 pages...in 2011...and still isn't done. My bet? He has too many pages and doesn't want to admit he has to add another book.

Only thing that stuns me is he watched those clowns butcher his creation in the final season/finale and STILL wasn't motivated to finish in a timely manner. Yikes.