A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
One of the things that really took me out...S8 was panned so bad yet didn't put the battery in his back to give people what they want. Even people who had no interest in reading the books wants this book JUST to see the story going in a different direction...and even that motivation of seeing his series get ruined on TV didn't motivate him to finish.
:francis:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
There are so many superior authors to him, I was new to the genre when I first started this series, but now, after many many years, GRRM is obviously just on a power trip or has completely lost interest because of all the money.
It could never be BrandoSando *pause*

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
I like to think the books have been finished for a while and he's just waiting to release them after he dies. He probably doesn't wanna hear intense criticism about his life's work, and he knows that he won't be able to please everybody

I'm inclined to agree with this.

Living the neckbeard dream.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
There are so many superior authors to him, I was new to the genre when I first started this series, but now, after many many years, GRRM is obviously just on a power trip or has completely lost interest because of all the money.
It could never be BrandoSando *pause*

Any suggestions for good series in the genre with a similar style?

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I like to think the books have been finished for a while and he's just waiting to release them after he dies. He probably doesn't wanna hear intense criticism about his life's work, and he knows that he won't be able to please everybody
This is exactly what i was thinking. I gave up reading them cause of time, but since i drive alot im flying through the audio books. Almost up to ADWD….i cant imagine what it was like to read that 10 years ago and still not have a sequel.