A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
This is exactly what i was thinking. I gave up reading them cause of time, but since i drive alot im flying through the audio books. Almost up to ADWD….i cant imagine what it was like to read that 10 years ago and still not have a sequel.
Day one brehs in their 4th decade.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I low key hope Sanderson is who GRRM asks to finish the series for him in the event of his death.
I would want Tad Williams, Scott Lynch, Robin Hobb, or Patrick Rothfuss. There are so many writers at this point that have surpassed GrrrrM. I mean Tad is practically G’s father regarding Multi character POV epic fantasy, and I chose the other ones because even though I love all their world building, the way they write their characters make me want to have unlimited books in they worlds. Sanderson is the king right now, but he just is soooo busy, and I want more books from Wax & Wayne, as well as the Stormlight Archive joints at the clip he running. The Cosmere is stacked, word to Hoid

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
It’s for the best, because on top of what I already said, thinking back on what Brando did to Mat’s character, I’m good.

The tone was noticeably different across the board for several characters once Sanderson took over. What about Mat do you mean?

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
The tone was noticeably different across the board for several characters once Sanderson took over. What about Mat do you mean?
Imo the Mat and Red Hand arc was my favorite part of the book, and I think Jordan had a vision of Mat to be a little/lot more complex, but Brandon kind of finished the character off as a purely comedic relief device. I mean I’m not like “he ruined a classic series” I just obviously would have preferred Jordan finished the series, and, if he would have written it now, with how great he has become, I think it would have been on par with Jordan’s work

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
This is exactly what it is....
Or he's just to chicken shyt to face the criticism...

He wants to be American Tolkien. He's quoted as saying - and I'm paraphrasing here - nobody will care about the delays when the series is complete and has the legacy of a top 2 fantasy series all time.

Personally I don't care anymore. I read the books several times over, read all the theories and I'm tapped out until Winds is released.

The Innkeeper's daughter story was wild as fukk. I'd rather be Roose's cupbearer than Gregor's squire. Like, you cannot remain a decent person if you're part of his crew.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
This is exactly what it is....
Or he's just to chicken shyt to face the criticism...
That's probably a part of it, the reality is he's written himself into a corner and the easiest solution is to start slaughtering characters left and right so the plot can move forward (like D&D tried to). I'm sure the harsh reaction they got hasn't helped things.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I would want Tad Williams, Scott Lynch, Robin Hobb, or Patrick Rothfuss. There are so many writers at this point that have surpassed GrrrrM. I mean Tad is practically G’s father regarding Multi character POV epic fantasy, and I chose the other ones because even though I love all their world building, the way they write their characters make me want to have unlimited books in they worlds. Sanderson is the king right now, but he just is soooo busy, and I want more books from Wax & Wayne, as well as the Stormlight Archive joints at the clip he running. The Cosmere is stacked, word to Hoid

Nah he needs to focus on Kingkiller Chronicle :ufdup:

Don't rob me of that breh pls