A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
remember someone on here said the malazan series was piff so trying to get into that but the first book is kind of just ok so far.

This is basically the issue with Malazan, the first book is an older rework of a script Erikson wrote in the universe I believe. It's almost a hurdle before you get to the real good stuff. The second book is :wow:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:at people continually acting disappointed/surprised when they find out he's bullshytting and not writing.

This should've been blatantly obvious back in 2013 when he was writing reviews for "Breaking Bad" instead of working on his books.

Fred.
Nobody acting surprised anymore:mjlol: this shyt been pure jokes since at least 2019

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
You can always check out his other books, too, the mistborn series, all of the series aligned with it, are excellent. The best part about his books are that the vast majority all take place in the same universe, and he ties them all together subtlety. Imo he is the best world builder since Tolkien (I recognize the contributions, but I don’t really gaf about LotR)
Ayo, Brandon write anything else with Kaladin in it lately? :wow:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
It seems clear he's taking on as many projects as he can for a built in excuse to NOT finish the books

He either could not give less of a shyt (likely) or else he is terrified of finishing it and being torn apart by fans like the show was

These books aren't coming out til he's 6 feet under
Quoted for emphasis. I don’t know how anyone can maintain any level of investment in this franchise. What a waste and a disappointment.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
George Martin basically sold his child to Hollywood execs and they raped it while he stood by and let it happen with fistfuls of cash.

:francis:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Ayo, Brandon write anything else with Kaladin in it lately? :wow:
Not sure, but I just found out that in the last year he has written 5 secret novels and is releasing them through kickstarter. I’m not sure if I saw it right, but this mutha fukker apparently set the kickstarter amount for 10 million, and he has raised like 28 million dollars. That’s outrageous money for an author, I think, but if anybody deserves it, it’s the author that actually spends all his free time writing massive novels, and I think all of them are cosmere, with one being completely Hoid focused, if that’s the case, he can take my money

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
maybe, but that's what editors are for. Personally I think he's trying to re-work the ending after D&D f*cked it up and he hasn't been able to crack it yet.

Its fukking simple. White walkers win. Tyrion and Snow sail off in a boat wounded while the Night King stares them down.

Snow and tyrion hit some new land and run into a fukkery filled place with a new race of spieces.

This leaves an opening if his fat ass wants to continue writting but also is a fulfilled ending.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Its fukking simple. White walkers win. Tyrion and Snow sail off in a boat wounded while the Night King stares them down.

Snow and tyrion hit some new land and run into a fukkery filled place with a new race of spieces.

This leaves an opening if his fat ass wants to continue writting but also is a fulfilled ending.
:hhh: