A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Problem wasn’t really the ending it’s how we got there. :manny:

Nah. That ending was retarded no matter what path it takes. Bran being the king makes zero sense and nothing points to him even being one. Jon would make sense. The prince that was promised. But even his storyline was fukked when Arya kill the NK.

Inferno

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East Bay
Ahhh, must of missed that info. Well.in that case, i have something to look forward to in the next decade when he releases it

I think GRRM's exact words were "some things will be exactly the same, some things will be different"

For the record I think Bran will still be king. "If a twelve-year old has to conquer the world, then so be it." I trust he will make it believable, and even if I still don't like it I want to see what happens with Euron and all the other plot lines

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Which is dumb cuz George spends at least 3 of those pages describing the food on the table and the curtains that no one cares about :pacspit:
TBF sometimes King does too... And I have yet to read a completely terrible Stephen King book but boy does he sometimes focus on some trivial shyt

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
Bran manipulating his way to being King makes alotta fukking sense...the show just shortcut-ted it to death

i wouldnt be mad seeing it in the book if George does what i think he's going to do :ehh:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
A dance with dragons turned 10 today.
:shaq2:
We're halfway to August. Unless he gets done before or slightly after September 1st, this shyt isn't coming out this year. It takes nearly two months for editing, processing, manufacturing etc which would mean a November release at the earliest. Just in time for Black Friday sales. It's not happening...

I waited the entire wait for ADWD. It was worse because I was more hyped, there was no show, all we had were rumors and his tour speaking engagements where he'd answer questions. I legit thought TWOW would come out in 3-5 years because Martin made a major breakthrough during ADWD. Basically he was trying to figure out which characters arrive to meet Dany at specific times and making Barristan a POV character solved it for him. So what’s the issue now? I got a theory but man this shyt is just pathetic to the point I’ve lost interest.