Daps
Reppin
Peaks of the books are better than the peaks of the show
Pits of the books are waaay better than the pits of the show

But at least the show gave us a fukking ending :damn:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The fact that the year is almost halfway done+the show has been done for a year...yet still no announcement on the book...tells me this isn't coming out anytime. This year, next year, year after. I've been "done" with this shyt for years mentally but I gotta say...even I thought there were some clear "rallying moments" for Martin to focus on as inspiration. The terrible reaction to S8 should have lit a fire under his ass to finish and get his version out. Hell, when he first saw the scripts for S8, presumably 2 years ago...that should have rallied him. Nope...

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Y’all, I will read the book if it comes out, but I have moved on to, imo, at least 5 other series that are better. Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn/Last King of Osten Ard, Wheel of Time (which comes out on Amazon this summer I believe), Kingkiller Chronicles, Stormlight Archives, and A Pattern of Shadow and Light. Right now I’m on Robin Hobbs Farseer Trilogy, it’s pretty good so far. Barring KingKiller Chronicles, the authors actually put books out in a reasonable timeframe.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
The fact that the year is almost halfway done+the show has been done for a year...yet still no announcement on the book...tells me this isn't coming out anytime. This year, next year, year after. I've been "done" with this shyt for years mentally but I gotta say...even I thought there were some clear "rallying moments" for Martin to focus on as inspiration. The terrible reaction to S8 should have lit a fire under his ass to finish and get his version out. Hell, when he first saw the scripts for S8, presumably 2 years ago...that should have rallied him. Nope...

I thought the shows producers said that they based their ending off of what the fat ass told them how he wanted it to end...

If thats the case, i wouldnt want to wait for that trash to come out

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Y’all, I will read the book if it comes out, but I have moved on to, imo, at least 5 other series that are better. Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn/Last King of Osten Ard, Wheel of Time (which comes out on Amazon this summer I believe), Kingkiller Chronicles, Stormlight Archives, and A Pattern of Shadow and Light. Right now I’m on Robin Hobbs Farseer Trilogy, it’s pretty good so far. Barring KingKiller Chronicles, the authors actually put books out in a reasonable timeframe.

Im on Calvin and Hobbes Lazy Sunday book :manny:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I thought the shows producers said that they based their ending off of what the fat ass told them how he wanted it to end...

If thats the case, i wouldnt want to wait for that trash to come out

Some basic parts sure but both sides have said the endings are very different.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Some basic parts sure but both sides have said the endings are very different.
Yeah, he has pretty much rebuked D & D beginning in like season 6. I can never take away from GRRM that he is a great writer, he just fukked himself with the Maraneese knot, where he wrote himself into a poor story line, now no matter what he does to get her out of it, it needs to be rushed, and he has created too much world building and POV’s that there is no way he can put a fancy bow on the story in 2 more books, unless they are absolutely massive, and he just doesn’t have the ability anymore to sit down and write the finish clean.