A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well GRRM said jokingly last year that if Winds wasn’t done by some event he had scheduled for the summer they could jail him...Now, notoriously he’s bad with predictions, but if he made that joke he must be at least around 75% done so hopefully he can gut out the rest.

I mean, there has to be some silver lining to this covid shyt...right?.....right?????

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does anyone have the links to the chapters he did release?

If you search “winds of winter pdf” you should get most of them. There’s like 100 pages of released shyt so far. The best is the forsaken tho. If you don’t read any of them then you should at least read that one. Made me feel bad for a character I never have even gave the smallest shyt about.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Well GRRM said jokingly last year that if Winds wasn’t done by some event he had scheduled for the summer they could jail him...Now, notoriously he’s bad with predictions, but if he made that joke he must be at least around 75% done so hopefully he can gut out the rest.

I mean, there has to be some silver lining to this covid shyt...right?.....right?????

The way 2020 is going, George is gonna finish the book at some point next year but all the data and backups will be lost by some weird accident/fukkery :dead:

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
George Martin is a piece of shyt.
Y E S HE IS!

I have been waiting sooo long for him to finish. I had already all the books TWICE before I even knew that they were going to do a HBO Special. When It came out I of course watched. The whole time I was waiting for Martin like :myman:

As time went by . . It turned to :unimpressed:

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Y E S HE IS!

I have been waiting sooo long for him to finish. I had already all the books TWICE before I even knew that they were going to do a HBO Special. When It came out I of course watched. The whole time I was waiting for Martin like :myman:

As time went by . . It turned to :unimpressed:

Is it worth reading the books? I have never read any of them before.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Is it worth reading the books? I have never read any of them before.

YES. Of course the books are going to go more in depth naturally than a show. The show had to make some differences of course When the show came out I assumed it would suck to be honest. I thought there was no way they could capture the essence of the books. I was glad to be wrong.

You can tell when they ran out of George's material from the books and had to wing it.