A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Winds of Winter Release Date: George R.R. Martin Thinks He'll Finish by 2020 at Latest - IGN

I know his publicist/agent must be :why: at the amount of bank this book would've made if George released it right before the final season.

By far the best news on Winds we’ve had in years. GRRM hasn’t been that publicly confident about finishing the book...ever maybe? His last quote was in 2017 saying “maybe 2018” but now he’s saying “ima have it done by next summer bet that”

Yeah, I’m hype, and no, I’m not gonna learn from the past.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i hope that news about the book is true. i don't know why a couple of days in new zealand for a conference will stop the guy from finishing the book tho. i mean he had 8 years to wrap it up. just sounds silly to put that reason out there.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
so where are the books at story wise? is it almost about to conclude?

Not even close. Like George said, it would probably take at least 3000 pages to finish the story without it feeling rushed as hell. It's kinda funny he said that because two 1500 pages book are basically 3 books in the form of 2 :pachaha:

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so where are the books at story wise? is it almost about to conclude?

Don’t know if you watched the show but if not spoilers like a motherfukker:

Jon snow just got stabbed at the wall because he was about to ride down on Winterfell and is last seen bleeding out.

Sansa is in the vale peeping Littlefingers hustle game and involved in a plot to replace the boy ruler there with someone Sansa can marry

Arya is doing assassin training

Dany just left Mereen in shambles. She’s surrounded by a bunch of Dothraki while Mereen is at war with the slavers.

Cersei just had her walk of shame and her and Margereys trials are coming up.

Jaime is following Brienne into a trap

Pretty much where it ended up. And Stannis is still alive outside of Winterfell and Theon is his prisoner after escaping Ramsay.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown

Jon snow just got stabbed at the wall because he was about to ride down on Winterfell and is last seen bleeding out.

Sansa is in the vale peeping Littlefingers hustle game and involved in a plot to replace the boy ruler there with someone Sansa can marry

Dany just left Mereen in shambles. She’s surrounded by a bunch of Dothraki while Mereen is at war with the slavers.

Pretty much where it ended up. And Stannis is still alive outside of Winterfell and Theon is his prisoner after escaping Ramsay.

Also there is a Dorne plot in play that shyts all over what the show did to that kingdom :wow:
Tyrion is involved with a faction that got cut out of the show entirely
Euron is WAY more swagged out, pulling powermoves and has a possible gamechanger on deck

So many plots left unfinished:picard:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

So why they kill Stannis on the show :dahell:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
young george rr martin :ohhh:

mg_harington_martin_comp.jpg