A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I read somewhere (I think here) that GRRM is gonna make Book 6 and 7 similar to the TV show. I really hope that just a bad, untrue rumor.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Isn’t it possible that he’s just waiting for the show to end so he can completely shyt on it with the books? It’s known that he hates the show and practically has nothing to do with it to the point he doesn’t even watch it
Not true he’s developing like 5 spinoffs

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
I didn't realize he released the first book almost 25 years ago:picard:

We ain't never getting that ending:mjlol:
The original Detox

I got all the ebooks but never read a single page

but i heard that the old cac has been finished the final book for a while now but HBO asked him to postpone it until the series finale

I don't know if its any truth to that

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i tried to start his second book (on the advice that i'd be wasting my time with the first as it was thoroughly covered in the tv show and the only other thing i'd get from it is the extra colorful language) and it was a chore...

1) should i give these another shot, i know there is a lot of story left out the show, but is it worth what some describe as a cumbersome read?
2) should i start these given there is no timeline for book 6 - like will i be pissed to end up at a cliffhanger and be stuck with the bullshyt d&d are doing as my ending?

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
i tried to start his second book (on the advice that i'd be wasting my time with the first as it was thoroughly covered in the tv show and the only other thing i'd get from it is the extra colorful language) and it was a chore...

1) should i give these another shot, i know there is a lot of story left out the show, but is it worth what some describe as a cumbersome read?
2) should i start these given there is no timeline for book 6 - like will i be pissed to end up at a cliffhanger and be stuck with the bullshyt d&d are doing as my ending?
A few things about the books:

- They are told in sections through the eyes of certain characters, and so you only get the narrative from these characters, aka Tyrion but not Robb Stark.

- He takes the time to describe scenes in painstaking details, aka exactly what they are eating and drinking

- Lots of details on the various houses and lore and can make you pause reading to try and put them all together.

If your not much of a reader or aren’t super interested in the world of Westeros, it’s definitely a chore. However, if you can get into it, it will grip you.

Also, reading the Red Wedding was the only time in my life I have started talking and saying shyt like “GTFO!” While reading a book. My wife was like “wtf are you going on about?? “While I had put the book down and started pacing and talking out loud in disbelief lmao!

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Also, reading the Red Wedding was the only time in my life I have started talking and saying shyt like “GTFO!” While reading a book. My wife was like “wtf are you going on about?? “While I had put the book down and started pacing and talking out loud in disbelief lmao!
It took so much not to throw my damn iPad reading that. That shyt had me fukked up for a minute