A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Yup, I think they're going to kill the Freys there, especially with Jaime out of the picture

That entire area is interesting. You got the Blackfish somewhere, plus that Westerling guy who freed Ghost at the Red Wedding. I wonder where they're gonna show up

I thought that dude got bodied while trying to free Grey Wind? I think he was shot up with arrows then fell in the river.

You're telling me he probably got resurrected by the BWB as well?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I thought that dude got bodied while trying to free Grey Wind? I think he was shot up with arrows then fell in the river.

You're telling me he probably got resurrected by the BWB as well?

Nah he got shot in the shoulder and gut before jumping into the river; never says he died. He could be dead of course, but given how badass that shyt was I can't help but think he's alive.

I'd imagine the Blackfish is heading back to the Eyrie. I'm scared though brehs...Littlefinger might just throw him in the bushes. Blackfish has never seen Sansa but he should recognize her because she looks like Catelyn, and will have a northern accent. I think he'll see through Littlefinger's bullshyt...then get killed before he can do anything about it
:damn:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Nah he got shot in the shoulder and gut before jumping into the river; never says he died. He could be dead of course, but given how badass that shyt was I can't help but think he's alive.

I'd imagine the Blackfish is heading back to the Eyrie. I'm scared though brehs...Littlefinger might just throw him in the bushes. Blackfish has never seen Sansa but he should recognize her because she looks like Catelyn, and will have a northern accent. I think he'll see through Littlefinger's bullshyt...then get killed before he can do anything about it
:damn:

:ohhh: I need to read that part again that would be awesome as fukk if he does make it.

:sadcam: at Blackfish. If he is heading there I'm convinced that's what his fate will be. The only person I think who can throw a wrench in Littlefinger's plan is Sansa at this point. He could probably be a plot device that makes Sansa turn against Littlefinger. She seemed neutral with all his scheming in AFFC and killing Brynden may be the last straw?

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC
This is by far my favorite thread on this board. Sorry I haven't been contributing much but man I love this thread. Has anyone read the Theon chapter from TWoW? I know most of you guys hate him but I'm still hoping for a come back.

And as always it's still... Daenerys Stormborn Gang :umad:

Pos Reps all around.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
:ohhh: I need to read that part again that would be awesome as fukk if he does make it.

:sadcam: at Blackfish. If he is heading there I'm convinced that's what his fate will be. The only person I think who can throw a wrench in Littlefinger's plan is Sansa at this point. He could probably be a plot device that makes Sansa turn against Littlefinger. She seemed neutral with all his scheming in AFFC and killing Brynden may be the last straw?

I agree. She could wind up turning on him due to that shyt. Everything Sansa thinks is gonna happen to her ends up failing. She thought Joffery was gonna be cool, turned out to be a monster. Then she thought Dontos was gonna save her...lol. Oh yea, remember she believed the Tyrells were gonna smuggle her out to marry Loras' cripple brother? Didn't work either. I can just imagine Blackfish seeming like he's about to save her...then boom he gets got.

One thing that I'm confused about tho...say everything goes to plan and Sansa gets married, reveals herself, and all those knights pledge to serve her right. Well...where are they gonna march to? Stannis will probably have taken Winterfell by then, and the north will be slammed by winter. Littlefinger seems too smart to march an army into that winter. So he'll have a big ass army but where to go? I'm thinking he could retake Riverrun perhaps? It was snowing at the end of AFFC but I don't remember it being snowy in Jaime's chapters in ADWD; maybe that area hasn't been hit hard by the weather yet.

Also...if he were to attack Riverrun it would kind of blow his cover. The Lannisters would realize he turned on them, whereas now they assume he's on their side. Hmmmm, dunno what Littlefinger is gonna do here...

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
This is by far my favorite thread on this board. Sorry I haven't been contributing much but man I love this thread. Has anyone read the Theon chapter from TWoW? I know most of you guys hate him but I'm still hoping for a come back.

And as always it's still... Daenerys Stormborn Gang :umad:

Pos Reps all around.

Theon is beyond redemption to me. Killing kids in cold blood, turning you back on the people who really coulda killed you and took out the Iron Islands last heir for getting froggy. Stabbing your best friend in the back because your punk ass daddy don't know how to just chill. Blood is thicker than water but Theon was no more Ironborn than Sansa was southern. No matter how much he tried dude THINKS like a Stark until he tried to out do his much more capable sister.

Theon wouldn't have been the first to turn his back on an insane family.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Theon is beyond redemption to me. Killing kids in cold blood, turning you back on the people who really coulda killed you and took out the Iron Islands last heir for getting froggy. Stabbing your best friend in the back because your punk ass daddy don't know how to just chill. Blood is thicker than water but Theon was no more Ironborn than Sansa was southern. No matter how much he tried dude THINKS like a Stark until he tried to out do his much more capable sister.

Theon wouldn't have been the first to turn his back on an insane family.

I remember saying something like that on SOHH and some guy told me "Can you blame him? Family >>> Everything" :dwillhuh:

That's no excuse for betrayal and Robb Stark's cause was WAY more important than his or Balon Greyjoy's ambitions. Oh I'm gonna conquer Winterfell so my daddy will love me. :mindblown:

And Balon Greyjoy :ohhh: "Ohh so the Starks are at war with the Lannisters? Ned Start dead now? My son ain't no hostage no mo'? Time to eat!"

:stopitslime:

It's not like Theon had to fight or kill anyone of his family, all he had to do was warn Robb that Balon Greyjoy was on the move to take Winterfell territory. That warning alone could have prevented a lot of bad shyt from happening. :why:

That said I am starting to feel bad for him but only because I see how fukked Ramsay Snow is and I wouldn't even give my worst enemy to that dude, I'd just kill him. I mean dude thoroughly ain't Theon anymore :huhldup:

:russ::whoa::damn: @ Ramsay making him eat Jeyne's puss.

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
Glad to see this thread re-upped cause its been a while since I posted in it i am a little upset cause I see my words have not been heeded still so I will say it like Stannis told Renly

Members of team Targaryen,Stark,Lannister or whatever false pretender you pledge allegiance to strike your banners,put down your swords and accept Stannis Baratheon,first of his name,The Lord of Light,as the true king of the 7 kingdoms by rights and protector of the realm.

Take up arms as Team Stannis and serve the one true king by rights and you shall be rewarded as Lords and Ladies of your own lands once Stannis sits on the Iron Throne.

If you choose to stay with your false kings you will either bend the knee or be destroyed.:birdman:(We really need a game of thrones smiley (I dont care who we just need one)

On another note yall know Stannis is going to take over Winterfell from the freys he already got the Iron Bank of Braavos wanting to do business with him since they know what the winning team is going to be yall should pledge allegiance now before its too late
How come nobody is talking about Victarion out in the ocean he out on the seas catching wreck and plus he got his own Red Priest and you aint somebody until you got a connect with the Red God R'hollar:lawd:

The prince of Dorne must have been extra toasty making that trip just for that:laugh:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Well technically...Robert IS a usurper..soo....the rightful king just came back...IF indeed that Aegon is the true Aegon..

DonkeyPuncher718

Daps
Reppin
The Wall
Well technically...Robert IS a usurper..soo....the rightful king just came back...IF indeed that Aegon is the true Aegon..
:whoa:

Well technically Danerys is the descendant of an usurper cause remember Aerys united the 7 kingdoms under his rule by taking them over with his dragons so Tomato=Tomatoe:skip:

So if an Usurper gets Usurped,well then thats all in the game yo
wallpaper-omar-the-game-1600.jpg

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:whoa:

Well technically Danerys is the descendant of an usurper cause remember Aerys united the 7 kingdoms under his rule by taking them over with his dragons so Tomato=Tomatoe:skip:

wallpaper-omar-the-game-1600.jpg

You mean AEGON and unification isn't Usurpation. Aegon came through and crushed the buildings and told everyone i'd be a good idea to work together...

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

:stop:

It would be Usurping if Aegon stopped at one kingdom, killed the ruler there and made himself king but like Klarifeye said Unification ain't the same as Usurping, he's a conqueror not a usurper.

I wonder what's gonna happen to Stannis if Aegon VI or Daenarys are successful. It's seems like they were both educated to hate Starks and Baratheons.

Especially Dany, her Stark and Baratheon hate talk make it seem like she gonna expunge those people when she comes back.

DonkeyPuncher718

Daps
Reppin
The Wall
You mean AEGON and unification isn't Usurpation. Aegon came through and crushed the buildings and told everyone i'd be a good idea to work together...

Conquering/Usurping I think you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill Bottom Line is When the first Aegon came thru all those lands were inhabited and ruled by their own kings.He then conquered them and united them under his rule. So if he removed the kings who ruled there he aint a usurper but a conqueror?

Same shyt breh:yeshrug:

:stop:

It would be Usurping if Aegon stopped at one kingdom, killed the ruler there and made himself king but like Klarifeye said Unification ain't the same as Usurping, he's a conqueror not a usurper.

I wonder what's gonna happen to Stannis if Aegon VI or Daenarys are successful. It's seems like they were both educated to hate Starks and Baratheons.

Especially Dany, her Stark and Baratheon hate talk make it seem like she gonna expunge those people when she comes back.

So explain to me what the difference is between what Aegon did and what Robert Baratheon did. Robert didnt "conquer" lands when him and Ned were rebelling against the mad king?Come on brehs its the same shyt!!!!

If Danerys or Aegon come to power they would mos def kill Stannis being the Usurpers brother plus Stannis put in work during the rebellion.:salute:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Conquering/Usurping I think you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill Bottom Line is When the first Aegon came thru all those lands were inhabited and ruled by their own kings.He then conquered them and united them under his rule. So if he removed the kings who ruled there he aint a usurper but a conqueror?

Same shyt breh:yeshrug:

So explain to me what the difference is between what Aegon did and what Robert Baratheon did. Robert didnt "conquer" lands when him and Ned were rebelling against the mad king?Come on brehs its the same shyt!!!!

If Danerys or Aegon come to power they would mos def kill Stannis being the Usurpers brother plus Stannis put in work during the rebellion.:salute:

Every land ever has to be conquered by SOMEONE. If thats the case then you must think the Children of the Forest should be kings...the people in the North are descendants of the First Men, in the South decendants of the Andals and in Dorne of the Rhonyar sooooooo:usure:

That's the difference, the lands were ununified, decentralized and the Gardner/Tyrells had been fighting the Florents for years. Aegon put and end to all that BS.

DonkeyPuncher718

Daps
Reppin
The Wall
Every land ever has to be conquered by SOMEONE. If thats the case then you must think the Children of the Forest should be kings...the people in the North are descendants of the First Men, in the South decendants of the Andals and in Dorne of the Rhonyar sooooooo:usure:

That's the difference, the lands were ununified, decentralized and the Gardner/Tyrells had been fighting the Florents for years. Aegon put and end to all that BS.

My argument is if you going to call Robert an Usurper you have to call Aegon an Usurper also cause no matter how you slice it its the same shyt