A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
blackwoods are southron, they're a tully vassal (or were at least) in the riverlands, that's why bloodraven's real name is Brynden Rivers. Bittersteel (Aegor Rivers), who founded the Golden Company in Essos after Brynden dusted him off in the blackfyre rebellion, was his half brother and a Bracken. their dad Aegon IV threw Aegor's mom in the bushes for Brynden's. they both wanted to smash shierra seastar, who was their half sister via their dad's mistress from Lys, but she chose Brynden. add that to blackwood vs bracken and targaryen loyalty (brynden/shierra) vs blackfyre usurpring (bittersteel) and then imagine how much worse the rivalry got after the slaughter on the redgrass field and you see how deep that branch of the bracken/blackwood beef goes

and really it's funny because it's kinda minuscule in comparison to how bad i've been doing @fact in this thread over the years :ehh:
:mindblown: The golden company are targset b*stards? I thought Barristan Selmy ended the Blackfyre rebellion? What happened to the half sister? Why did he end up beyond the wall? He took the black? Aren’t the first men usually from the north? Man let me just go finish reading the third book and watch some history and lore videos on YouTube.

This man George R.R Martin created a hell of a universe. I can understand why he is taking so long to finish he has created such an intricate universe that there is so many loose ends to tie up and he can’t even be bothered.

Does he go into detail about any other house? I’m assuming not...Targset :birdman:Chu heard?

I just had to laugh at @fact roasting Prince Rhaegar cause idk too much about him to defend him. And I see you ain’t defend breh so I thought it was true :to:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
:russ:
how did you manage to become the fox news of westeros and somehow not support the pale skinned blond guy? :jbhmm:
Fox News of Westeros, I know we throw some shyt at each other, on some boss shyt of our collective houses, but you going to far with that shyt. You see me posting over at higher learning, you know how I feel about Fox News. Maester Pycell is the Fox News of Westeros, breh :picard:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
:mindblown: The golden company are targset b*stards? I thought Barristan Selmy ended the Blackfyre rebellion? What happened to the half sister? Why did he end up beyond the wall? He took the black? Aren’t the first men usually from the north? Man let me just go finish reading the third book and watch some history and lore videos on YouTube.

This man George R.R Martin created a hell of a universe. I can understand why he is taking so long to finish he has created such an intricate universe that there is so many loose ends to tie up and he can’t even be bothered.

Does he go into detail about any other house? I’m assuming not...Targset :birdman:Chu heard?

I just had to laugh at @fact roasting Prince Rhaegar cause idk too much about him to defend him. And I see you ain’t defend breh so I thought it was true :to:
as the founding member of Rhaegang, ima need you to walk back any support for negative banter about our prince who was promised or face serious repercussions :ufdup:

but yeah breh go finish the books, i wouldnt have dropped all that info if i knew you hadn't read all 5 yet

before i go tho...house baratheon was founded by a targaryen b*stard too we really outchea like that

Fox News of Westeros, I know we throw some shyt at each other, on some boss shyt of our collective houses, but you going to far with that shyt. You see me posting over at higher learning, you know how I feel about Fox News. Maester Pycell is the Fox News of Westeros, breh :picard:
:heh: i only post in and read this thread, the modern dandies thread, and battle rap threads, i didnt even know it cut that deep :wow:

duly noted however :youngsabo:

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
no book update

just going back and forth about semantics :dead:
This thread is the king of pump fake subscriptions.

giphy.gif

I need @3Rivers to put a George Martin face on that for me....

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Your homie was wrong.
I've read all of the books and only seen about half of the show.
I'm more familiar with the books than the show.
What you mentioned is not explained in any of the books, and for a thread specific to the books, what you mentioned is definitely a spoiler.
You ain't read Dunk & Egg.

You ain't familiar with shyt

No spoiler....no spoiler....you're the spoiler

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
Is there any update on Book 6 release date?

giphy.gif

After reading ADWD in 2011 I couldn't understand how hardened and bitter some book readers were. Why is everyone so negative? He just released one and he's got the momentum of the show now. 6th book will be out no later than 2014.

I fukking hate GRRM :russ::lolbron::wow::mjcry::sadcam::damn:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

After reading ADWD in 2011 I couldn't understand how hardened and bitter some book readers were. Why is everyone so negative? He just released one and he's got the momentum of the show now. 6th book will be out no later than 2014.

I discovered GRRM in college....I ran through all 5 books in about 2 months

That was 2012 :mjcry:

We're never getting the last two books. Never :russ:

But that's cool because AFAIC, the show is providing me the ending I needed

I waited YEARS to see these three scenes. YEARS :damn:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
giphy.gif

Everytime he posts in Twitter it is finish the book.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
as the founding member of Rhaegang, ima need you to walk back any support for negative banter about our prince who was promised or face serious repercussions :ufdup:

but yeah breh go finish the books, i wouldnt have dropped all that info if i knew you hadn't read all 5 yet

before i go tho...house baratheon was founded by a targaryen b*stard too we really outchea like that
Which is basically the only reason Robert was the one the triumvirate put forth for the Throne. King and Targaryen are so synonymous in the Seven Kingdoms they feared not nearly enough people would get behind their cause if Ned (or Jon Arryn even though he was an elder statesman, beloved and respected Hand of the King, and longest reigning Warden) was to be king. There's some REAL heft in that decision and what it says for the social programming in Westeros :wow: