A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
Do you have any updates on the growth and development of Rhaegargang Targset, Harlem :dame: Division? :jbhmm:
I chose right. The proof is in the comet, fire and blood. GRRM is telling the readers what time it is yet people want to follow false idols. I just want it be known that before targset hatched them dragons magic was not powerful. We made your favorite's favorite character relevant.

In A Clash of Kings, this book is great to gain perspective on what the war does for the small folk. Yes, GOT it's interesting watching the high lord play their game of power. Arya's chapters gives me that knowledge on the effects. When the small folk comments about missing King Aerys that shows to me how bad the seven kingdoms have become. Arya is the MVP of this book IMO. The show didn't show the horrors of war as well as the book. I remember Arya being smart with Tywin and his response was "careful now" in the book Arya wouldn't even dare to say anything cause an ass whopping of epic proportion would be placed upon her. That concentration camp broke Arya she went from Nymeria, she-wolf dreams to calling herself a scared mouse. I now understand why she didn't name Joffroy, Tywin or Cersei to Jaquen H'gar. Roose Bolton instead of Tywin at Harrenhall surprised me.

King Aerys reign knew no bounds he fukked with all people. He was an equal opportunist. Whilst reading Catelyn's chapter I didn't know how bad Aerys did the Starks' dirty but then again why would those dumbasses pull up accusing Rhaegar the great of kidnapping. Dumbass Starks.

Reading Jon's first chapter the conversation he had with Jeor Mormont when discussing Robb being named King in the North. :wow: Was that in the show? The Raven saying King over and over was an Easter egg. I understand why he rejects the title of King after this conversation. Ya boy Snow is a warg too. :whoo: And Jon let Ygritte go and not some dumb ass I attempted to kill her and she ran off. I like that better than the show.

Bran seeing a winged snake in the fire aka dragon as Winterfell burns :jbhmm: And Winter fell. :merchant:

The biggest thing in #Targset in this book is that riddle Quaithe said to her and the House of Undying. :deadmanny: at Dany giving spoilers to the red wedding. That house falling it is known. The vision of Rhaegar the great, outchea playing the Harp and talking about the dragon has three heads. :lupe: Did Rhaegar think his son was Aegon the conqueror and wanted another girl? We get another vision about Rhaegar getting the war hammer to his chest whispering Lyanna (??) She sees Stannis without a shadow and sees a shadow in a tent. The blue flower is Jon at the wall?:ld:A white lion=Tyrion? Didn't Dany use a white lion to cover her bald head

Things associated with characters.
Lyanna-blue rose
Daenerys- in the previous book the moon now fire.
Jon- shadows

I enjoyed the book. I was :deadmanny:at Cersei spinning Tyrion around. Idek why.:heh:

I am going to re-read Bran and Davos' chapters I feel like I didn't grasp the magical themes or see possible foreshadowing for #Targset reemergence. R'hollar says things in fire to anyone. I gotta pay attention more to character talking about what they see in the fire.

Last edited:

Piffery

All Star
Daps
Theon (favorite character in fiction, loved him since Clash)
Sansa (since Thrones)
Victarion (he jumped into my top five before I even finished his first chapter)
Jaime
Catelyn/Sam

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is crazy he still doesn't have the next book out. It wouldn't shock me if he doesn't try to put it out until after season 8. :francis::hhh:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
This is crazy he still doesn't have the next book out. It wouldn't shock me if he doesn't try to put it out until after season 8. :francis::hhh:

Who cares about the books amymore, honestly.

A Dream of Spring is NEVER coming out. Sorry @Diunx

I will certainly read Winds of Winter and I will love it. But its tough to get invested knowing that there will be no conclusion.

First off, when the show reveals the ending it will completely close the door on any sliver of motivation that George has left. He will put out Winds only because it is so close to being finished already.

But then Winds will end and not only will the task of another book be too much for him, but it will really kill him once he finally admits to himself that he STILL needs TWO more books after that to finish.

We already have read like 15% of Winds and there has been almost ZERO plot advancement:deadmanny:

And at some point in the coming years, his health will deteriorate or he will have a heart attack

Our best hope is that he survives the heart attack and finds the motivation to write more Dunk & Egg

DA_LURKA

#SovereignOfSolitude
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Strictly For My Lurkas...
I think it really fukked with him when fans verbalized that they wanted him to finish the series before he died, now he doesn't want to finish the series on some :umad: shyt.