A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
Which book explains how a Targareyn(Fire) comes to be three eye raven? Three eye raven is of the North magic (Ice). Weirwood trees and ravens. Do Targset have ice magic too...if so goddamn I see why other houses want smoke we get everything :lolbron:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:usure: My homie said there are hints in the books but he couldn’t remember if it was in asoiaf or dunk and egg.
Your homie was wrong.
I've read all of the books and only seen about half of the show.
I'm more familiar with the books than the show.
What you mentioned is not explained in any of the books, and for a thread specific to the books, what you mentioned is definitely a spoiler.

HarlemUSA

Supporter
Daps
Your homie was wrong.
What you mentioned is not explained in any of the books, and for a thread specific to the books, what you mentioned is definitely a spoiler.
so has he:yeshrug:
:russ: Spoiler idk about that.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
None of them. Thanks for the spoiler......moron
This thread is not for folks that haven’t read all the books, prerelease winds chapter, dunk and egg, or basically anything in planetos, isn’t it? It’s been so long since anything new was released, I don’t even remember anymore.....the only thing I remember is that Rhaegar got his chest caved in by Bob the Gawd, and that Rhaegar was fukking boys and girls, and that Rhaegar was a coward, and that Rhaegar knighted the dude that raped and murdered his wife and children, and oh yeah, one more thing, Rhaegar got a bunch of innocent people killed because he wanted to trade fashion tips and and advice dealing with all his boyfriends from Lyanna....... @horse. kills am I forgetting anything? (Been awhile, breh, hope all is well)

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
This thread is not for folks that haven’t read all the books, prerelease winds chapter, dunk and egg, or basically anything in planetos, isn’t it? It’s been so long since anything new was released, I don’t even remember anymore.....the only thing I remember is that Rhaegar got his chest caved in by Bob the Gawd, and that Rhaegar was fukking boys and girls, and that Rhaegar was a coward, and that Rhaegar knighted the dude that raped and murdered his wife and children, and oh yeah, one more thing, Rhaegar got a bunch of innocent people killed because he wanted to trade fashion tips and and advice dealing with all his boyfriends from Lyanna....... @horse. kills am I forgetting anything? (Been awhile, breh, hope all is well)
:russ:
how did you manage to become the fox news of westeros and somehow not support the pale skinned blond guy? :jbhmm:

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
Which book explains how a Targareyn(Fire) comes to be three eye raven? Three eye raven is of the North magic (Ice). Weirwood trees and ravens. Do Targset have ice magic too...if so goddamn I see why other houses want smoke we get everything :lolbron:

Three eyed Raven is just a greenseer. Possibly a First Men thing, as Bloodraven was half either Blackwood or Bracken. Also Targs have dreams of prophecy so maybe the admixture enhanced both bloodlines' natural abilities

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Your homie was wrong.
:mjlol:shyts been talked about in here so much. It is in the books that the 3 eyed raven is a targ (b*stard) you just gotta pay attention.

HarlemUSA

Supporter
Daps
Three eyed Raven is just a greenseer. Possibly a First Men thing, as Bloodraven was half either Blackwood or Bracken. Also Targs have dreams of prophecy so maybe the admixture enhanced both bloodlines' natural abilities
Ohhhh. Blackwood Is a northern house :ohhh: so there’s already a song of ice and fire in a weirwood tree.

I fukks with the fire(red) and ice(blue)dichotomies heavy so question

Why are the Targaryen eye color purple? He makes it a point to talk about Melisandre red eyes ( rhllor follower), tpwwp magical pet have red eyes (ghosts red eyes & Drogon red eyes) and the ice god blue eyes (Night king and Bran). Is their any significance to the story :lupe: or I’m over thinking the universe? Since red and blue makes purple.
:bryan: To the old gods and the new goddamn that’s some hate :whew:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Ohhhh. Blackwood Is a northern house :ohhh: so there’s already a song of ice and fire in a weirwood tree.

I fukks with the fire(red) and ice(blue)dichotomies heavy so question

Why are the Targaryen eye color purple? He makes it a point to talk about Melisandre red eyes ( rhllor follower), tpwwp magical pet have red eyes (ghosts red eyes & Drogon red eyes) and the ice god blue eyes (Night king and Bran). Is their any significance to the story :lupe: or I’m over thinking the universe? Since red and blue makes purple.

:bryan: To the old gods and the new goddamn that’s some hate :whew:
blackwoods are southron, they're a tully vassal (or were at least) in the riverlands, that's why bloodraven's real name is Brynden Rivers. Bittersteel (Aegor Rivers), who founded the Golden Company in Essos after Brynden dusted him off in the blackfyre rebellion, was his half brother and a Bracken. their dad Aegon IV threw Aegor's mom in the bushes for Brynden's. they both wanted to smash shierra seastar, who was their half sister via their dad's mistress from Lys, but she chose Brynden. add that to blackwood vs bracken and targaryen loyalty (brynden/shierra) vs blackfyre usurpring (bittersteel) and then imagine how much worse the rivalry got after the slaughter on the redgrass field and you see how deep that branch of the bracken/blackwood beef goes

and really it's funny because it's kinda minuscule in comparison to how bad i've been doing @fact in this thread over the years :ehh: