A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Nah, it's POV driven so some books overlap but are in different spots in the world

I never read thru 10 books so fast

It's been maybe almost two years since that series was recommended to me and I'm only half way through Gardens of the Moon. :snoop:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So from that last episode I'm assuming that Griff really was Aegon VI and they wrote him out and gave his name to Jon.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
So from that last episode I'm assuming that Griff really was Aegon VI and they wrote him out and gave his name to Jon.

Show and book are so different I wouldn't try to connect any dots between them at this point of the story.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Show and book are so different I wouldn't try to connect any dots between them at this point of the story.
I don't think they're as different as people assume.

It's pretty reasonable to assume that the entire Griff/Aegon situation got absorbed into Jon

I'm willing to bet it all that Jon's Targ name was something other than Aegon

Light

Pro
Daps
It's more likely that Cersei was the one who got Aegons storyline. I think it's safe to assume that Aegon will take over KL and become king until Daenerys arrives. Plus the fact that Cersei mentioned the Golden Company, who are already in alliance with Aegon in the books.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
what yaw think about the grey scale? shyt gotta be important right, not sure if i believe the plague theory, but ain't no way it's going out like that bs on tv.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's more likely that Cersei was the one who got Aegons storyline. I think it's safe to assume that Aegon will take over KL and become king until Daenerys arrives. Plus the fact that Cersei mentioned the Golden Company, who are already in alliance with Aegon in the books.
Seems plausible. I'm only arguing that Jon got Aegons name. I don't see his story in the books being much different from now

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
Just finished the book ( GOT) after bullshytting :whew:. The game was too much for Lord Eddard.

I. Arya
2. Bran and Varys
3. Dany and Tyrion
4. Jon and Lord Baelish

They are my hitters in this book shyt.

Targset we taking over. I feel we chose right. The ghost of rhaegar :myman:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished the book ( GOT) after bullshytting :whew:. The game was too much for Lord Eddard.

I. Arya
2. Bran and Varys
3. Dany and Tyrion
4. Jon and Lord Baelish

They are my hitters in this book shyt.

Targset we taking over. I feel we chose right. The ghost of rhaegar :myman:
:russ: Season/book 1 really is on some Wire shyt with Ned being in way over his head like Stringer

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
:russ: Season/book 1 really is on some Wire shyt with Ned being in way over his head like Stringer

The book really solidifies lord eddard was too slow. His biggest game was the secret Lyanna gave him. That shyt was haunting him. Lord Eddard should have never went South nor told his plans to anyone. Sansa is dead to me tho. The actress who plays Sansa should be grateful they never put that in the show. :francis: