A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess I'm the only one that believes Daemon Blackfyre was the real Targaryen and the King was the actual Blackfyre. I really hope we get the Blackfyre rebellion as a spin off. It could be as good as GoT if done right...
You saying you thought Aerys was a Blackfrye? Or Robert?

Piffery

All Star
Daps
Ariannae after the Mycella debacle :deadmanny:

:to:how??? How did he find out?

Hotah: Somebody told:manny: Somebody always tells:manny:

Arys Oakheart stupid simp ass:dead:nikka might be worse than Jorah
Bronn naming his son Tyrion and social climbing while fukking Cersei over in the background :dead:
Darkstar is going to steal Dawn and start destroying people :ufdup:
We'll be saying bye to Hotah soon in books as well.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
:francis: yo why the show gotta make all the elite fighters:flabbynsick:?

show randyll tarly was an idiot. :mjcry: we ain't even get to see him fight m

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
What was the point of confirming Rhaegar and Lyanna got married in private? :heh: (And then to have Sam completely jump over it and once again steal from the most famous library in the world and escape easy as fukk)

they already confirmed Jon as the kid last season, dropping a fake hint like that was lame a see through as hell

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
What was the point of confirming Rhaegar and Lyanna got married in private? :heh: (And then to have Sam completely jump over it and once again steal from the most famous library in the world and escape easy as fukk)

they already confirmed Jon as the kid last season, dropping a fake hint like that was lame a see through as hell
Because this confirms he is a true born Targaryen, not a b*stard of a Targaryen. No one knew that, even book readers.

It was silly as hell how Sam didn't hear it though.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

Because this confirms he is a true born Targaryen, not a b*stard of a Targaryen. No one knew that, even book readers.

It was silly as hell how Sam didn't hear it though.

Sam is heading North to help in the great war so he'll probably stay in Winterfell were Bran is. Even if Sam was paying attention to Gilly he would be :manny: at that information, he needs either Bran or Jon (after talking to Bran) to reveal Jon's true identity for that info to have any meaning. I'm sure it will lead to everyone trying to find the last piece of the puzzle until Gilly goes :snoop: on Sam and tells him again about the annulment and secret wedding.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
also these guys shouldve read other series like Malazan to know how to do convergences right :beli: so far most of the characters meeting up have been dry imo.

do we kno how Jorah knows dondarrion and them or nah?

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
also these guys shouldve read other series like Malazan to know how to do convergences right :beli: so far most of the characters meeting up have been dry imo.

I tried to read Malazan that shyt was dense as fukk. Didn't know what I was reading. Only made it about 80 pages in the first book tho

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Jorah knows thros and dondarrion when they fought the against the iron islands when they rebelled.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
@O.Red
trust breh the payoff Is HUGE :mjcry: that series passed GoT and Dune to me in terms of world building, pacing, epic endings and twist in all of the books except maybe the first 2, colorful characters, it had everything imo even comedy, something that's hard to pull off in a book. Tons of armies, rebels, gods, mages, all on some Tywin/Varys shyt scheming on ridiculous levels, nikkas were finessing Gods out there :wow: running off on the seemingly immortal plug :wow:

AND alot of the best characters are black :myman: Quick Ben is the GOAT Black wizard

it's similar to GoT in the sense that the first book or two Is just introducing the POVs

but I guarantee those 80 pages you read were vital to it :mjgrin: not a single chapter is worthless trust me on this, Yung Ganoes would give Jon Snow the beats

Last edited: