A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
has there been a precedent of a different author finishing out a book series started by someone else? was the reception positive?

i kinda want to read these books, but since the last 2 don't seem to be anywhere near finished, i don't feel the pressure to get it done lol
The books+show combo fleshes out the characters really well

The show goes deeper into characters that didn't get that much shine in the books and vice versa

Same for the moments

Often I wonder which Red Wedding was worse, the show or book version

Both are :huhldup::dwillhuh::wow::francis:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
has there been a precedent of a different author finishing out a book series started by someone else? was the reception positive?

i kinda want to read these books, but since the last 2 don't seem to be anywhere near finished, i don't feel the pressure to get it done lol
blasphemy

actually a lot of people have yelled at martin to just do this. it happened with wheel of time but robert jordan had terminal heart disease

and brandon sanderson was picked :scust: guaranteed i'd never read that when they made that choice

even unfinished, this series is incredible to read and i'd still recommend it and do it again even if i knew it was 100% sure he'd die before finishing. having the show helps too since at least you get narrative conclusion, even if it's not as enjoyable

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal

yeah go ahead and read. point blank the book's are way better. if the next book drops, at least you won't have been waiting 20 plus years like others have.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Brandon Sanderson finished The Wheel Of Time's last three novels after Robert Jordan died. The reception was largely positive as Brandon cut a little of the fat that Jordan put into his books (Jordan was detailed to the point excess sometimes)

Also Jordan was aware of his health and left detailed notes behind, his wife, who was his editor also assisted.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
The books+show combo fleshes out the characters really well

The show goes deeper into characters that didn't get that much shine in the books and vice versa

Same for the moments

Often I wonder which Red Wedding was worse, the show or book version

Both are :huhldup::dwillhuh::wow::francis:
Only thing the show has over the book is Lil Ned Stark getting knifed in the womb. That fukked me up how that Frey went right for her stomach.

But reading it go down in the book had me not wanting to turn to the next page.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only thing the show has over the book is Lil Ned Stark getting knifed in the womb. That fukked me up how that Frey went right for her stomach.

But reading it go down in the book had me not wanting to turn to the next page.
The show did that shyt for no reason too:deadmanny:

The only part of the wedding in the book that gets me is Cat being completely out of her mind right before she died. That shyt was:francis:
:picard::to:

And I hate Catelyn but damn:francis:

Last edited: