A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BEEN saying FFC is my favorite. it's full of fukkery and is a travelogue of westeros told through brienne's eyes

i dont really care for battle scenes tbh, much more interested in the run-up and the aftermath than what happens in the field

BTW i wish you were the real O-Red :patrice: it would be dope to have ASOIAF conversations with one of my favorite rappers
Forgot to mention that. You get a lot of detailed history and lore in Feast.

Cersei reminiscing over the way Aerys played Tywin with the Rhaegar proposal :deadmanny:

Aerys: The fukk I look like marrying my heir to the daughter of my servant :mjpls:. Yea Tywin you heard me nikka:mjpls:. Go get Jamie while you at it servant I gotta ask him something :mjpls:

Tywin::aicmon:

Cersei: Father what happened?:dwillhuh: I'm still marrying Rhaegar right?:dwillhuh:

Tywin: :leostare:

Aerys: :mjpls::mjpls::mjpls:

:deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny:

Last edited:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
1) is it really hard to finish 70 page novellas? :usure:

2) these will not be HBO prequels. GRRM still wants to complete the series and he is not giving away another story for someone else to tell the ending first
piece of sh-t talkin' that sh-t when clearly he ain't working on sh-t :rudy:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Forgot to mention that. You get a lot of detailed history and lore in Feast.

Cersei reminiscing over the way Aerys played Tywin with the Rhaegar proposal :deadmanny:

Aerys: The fukk I look like marrying my heir to the daughter of my servant :mjpls:. Yea Tywin you heard me nikka:mjpls:

Tywin::aicmon:

Cersei: Father what happened?:dwillhuh: I'm still marrying Rhaegar right?:dwillhuh:

Tywin: :leostare:

Aerys: :mjpls::mjpls::mjpls:

:deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny:
It's a plateau novel for sure but I fukk with it hard

ADWD fukked up by not taking it to 11 ASAP, but I guess parts of those books were written at the same time, right?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I feel like GRRM snuck in a hint at his asoiaf ending in order to beat HBO to the punch:patrice:

He recently made a comment about Beric Dondarrion being a fire wight....I feel like he is hinting that Jon isn't actually alive anymore and this will have something to do with the ending:patrice:

I know D&D still have their 1 more "oh shyt" moment that had to do with the end. Jon being dead may be it:patrice:

I might be reaching, after all Jon isn't even officially dead/resurrected in the books but I don't see any other way to release him from his vows so I think it will happen

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
1) is it really hard to finish 70 page novellas? :usure:
:yeshrug:
Honestly didn't even know they were only 70 pages. I just looked it up and A Knight of The Seven Kingdoms which has the 3 stories is 368. Anyway, I have other stuff I want to read in addition to stuff I'm watching so I felt like this would be the best way to go to maximize my time. I liked graphic novel though so I'm not regretting it

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
:yeshrug:
Honestly didn't even know they were only 70 pages. I just looked it up and A Knight of The Seven Kingdoms which has the 3 stories is 368. Anyway, I have other stuff I want to read in addition to stuff I'm watching so I felt like this would be the best way to go to maximize my time. I liked graphic novel though so I'm not regretting it
They are 70 on my phone, might be more in print

Thats still short as hell though for 3 seperate novellas

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
shyt is never coming out

Say TWOW does come out in 2018.... that means ADOS would not be on pace to be out until 2030 and GRRM would be 80+

Just let someone else finish the series my man

:why::feedme:
has there been a precedent of a different author finishing out a book series started by someone else? was the reception positive?

i kinda want to read these books, but since the last 2 don't seem to be anywhere near finished, i don't feel the pressure to get it done lol