A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Concerning b*stard children in Westeros. If both parents are of noble birth but weren't sanctioned to marry would their baby be a b*stard as well?

It seems like the only b*stards in the books are from jumpoffs.

Also I find it weird that Roose Bolton would be in cahoots with his fukk ass b*stard son who may have had something to do with the death of his legit son Domeric.

I know kinslaying is a big taboo in Westerosi culture but why didn't Roose try to kill Ramsay by proxy or something? Or does the laws on kinslaying covers that too?

shyt has me all :mindblown: because Ramsay looks like he'd kill Roose given the right opportunity.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Concerning b*stard children in Westeros. If both parents are of noble birth but weren't sanctioned to marry would their baby be a b*stard as well?

It seems like the only b*stards in the books are from jumpoffs.

Also I find it weird that Roose Bolton would be in cahoots with his fukk ass b*stard son who may have had something to do with the death of his legit son Domeric.

I know kinslaying is a big taboo in Westerosi culture but why didn't Roose try to kill Ramsay by proxy or something? Or does the laws on kinslaying covers that too?

shyt has me all :mindblown: because Ramsay looks like he'd kill Roose given the right opportunity.

Every child not born into a marriage is a b*stard. That's why even if Jon is the b*stard of Ned and Ashara Dayne (like how most in westeros believe) then he's still a b*stard. And Ramsay is just like Bizzaro Jon, Roose has no issue with him because honestly a insane son makes him look reasonable and not to mention he's good to have when nikkas get outa line.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Every child not born into a marriage is a b*stard. That's why even if Jon is the b*stard of Ned and Ashara Dayne (like how most in westeros believe) then he's still a b*stard.

Wait up, I mean if both parents weren't already married to someone else. Wasn't Ned already married to Catelyn Stark during the supposed Ned/Ashara hook up?

I'm talking illegitimate kids here. Like for example my mom and father are nobles but they didn't marry before I was conceived would that still make me a b*stard in Westeros?

I know in IRL you're still an illegitimate child if you're were born out of wedlock even if you're parents stay together, I just want to know if the same applies in Westeros because usually the b*stards are a result of a noble seeing a jump off WHILE his already married to another woman.

And Ramsay is just like Bizzaro Jon, Roose has no issue with him because honestly a insane son makes him look reasonable and not to mention he's good to have when nikkas get outa line.

Oh ok, I guess he he's not gonna avenge his trueborn son. Domeric sounded like a "good" Bolton...

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Wait up, I mean if both parents weren't already married to someone else. Wasn't Ned already married to Catelyn Stark during the supposed Ned/Ashara hook up?

I'm talking illegitimate kids here. Like for example my mom and father are nobles but they didn't marry before I was conceived would that still make me a b*stard in Westeros?

Nope doesn't matter....momz and pops gotta be married

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Nope doesn't matter....momz and pops gotta be married

:why:

My brother and I were talking about that shyt, giving me the :umad: cuz I'd be the b*stard in ASoIaF universe since our parents didn't get married until after I was born.

So my younger brother and sister are legitimized except for me. :to:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:why:

My brother and I were talking about that shyt, giving me the :umad: cuz I'd be the b*stard in ASoIaF universe since our parents didn't get married until after I was born.

So my younger brother and sister are legitimized except for me. :to:

HAAA...

I woulda been legit, but thing is my parents got divorced so its weird....some kida war woulda been started between my brother and I. My step-mom is a Cersei level of conniving. :damn:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
HAAA...

I woulda been legit, but thing is my parents got divorced so its weird....some kida war woulda been started between my brother and I. My step-mom is a Cersei level of conniving. :damn:

Damn yo.

Don't know how hard body my fam would be in Westeros. We'd probably be one of those good guy Houses but in a bad position :heh:

Sounds like House Tully :why:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
My dad definitely be on some Tywin Lannister shyt some ole "You carry my name and my legacy" shyt.

My brother is kinda like Bran, innocent in a sense but learning his way around the world.
My little sister is Arya to a tee, fierce, a bit tomboy-ish and wise beyond her years.

Me im like Robb kinda, i go hard but im not perfect....dem girls be controlin' me too though :noah:

For real though i'd run my shyt like a mix of the North and Dorne. Heavy emphasis on tradition but i'd have equal primogeniture.

Malfoy

Sweet Thing.
Daps
My guess is that he's now free from the watch
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Evidently.

I have a question, for anyone who remembers. I don't feel like going back through a feast for crows, who the heck is Sansa/Alayne supposed to marry? Little Finger gave her a long speech but I forgot who she is supposed to marry and I just finished a ADWD and there wasn't a peep out of them.

Roger Sterling

Senior Alias
Daps
Evidently.

I have a question, for anyone who remembers. I don't feel like going back through a feast for crows, who the heck is Sansa/Alayne supposed to marry? Little Finger gave her a long speech but I forgot who she is supposed to marry and I just finished a ADWD and there wasn't a peep out of them.

Jon Arryn's son.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Evidently.

Yup, little down syndrome Robert Arryn. I'm so happy lysa is dead. I hated the Vale's neutrality, she coulda sealed the deal for the North before the Red Wedding even happened.

Malfoy

Sweet Thing.
Daps
Yup, little down syndrome Robert Arryn. I'm so happy lysa is dead. I hated the Vale's neutrality, she coulda sealed the deal for the North before the Red Wedding even happened.
That sickly little boy is going to die before there's a damn wedding. This is what I get for listening to the audio book for some of this. I swear I'm blanking out. I could have sworn he (Lil fingah) had a new plan for her, and scrapped her marrying that annoying little boy. I just wanna know if they're ever gonna figure who really killed lysa, but I'm sure he'll worm his way out of it if they do. This new book is never coming out. I'll probably have to do a reread anyway because there are a lot of things that I missed.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
nah ya got it twisted...hes marrying "alayne" to harrold hardyng, whos the next in line to rule the vale of arryn if robbert dies. and after the wedding, hes going to conveniently reveal that alayne is really sansa stark , oldest child living of nerd stark and heir to winterfell

this is from the a wiki of ice and fire to clear things up a bit more

Jasper Arryn had two sons and a daughter. Jon became Lord and left one son, Robert. Jon's brother Ronnel died as his son Elbert was being born, and Elbert was later killed by King Aerys II.

Jon's sister Alys had eight daughters and a son. Through an unfortunate series of unrelated events, the boy and four of the girls died young or childless, a fifth had one child who died young, a sixth became a septa, and another became a silent sister. The last, and youngest daughter died shortly after giving birth to Harrold, leaving Robert and Harrold as the last inheritable descendents of Jasper Arryn, and Harrold as Robert's heir presumptive. Should the sickly Lord Robert die without an heir, Harrold would become a member of the house and Lord of the Eyrie and Defender of the Vale.[1]

Gossip holds that, despite his youth, Hardyng has already fathered at least one baseborn child with another on the way. He has been knighted by Lord Yohn Royce after winning a small melee for squires held at Runestone. Petyr Baelish, Lord Protector of the Vale of Arryn, arranged a betrothal between Harrold and Sansa Stark, who was masquerading as Baelish's b*stard daughter, "Alayne Stone". He schemes to reveal Sansa's true identity and reclaim Winterfell in her name.[1]

and if you guys recall, littlefinger is already trying to kill robert arryin on the low. remember him telling the maester to give Robbert more medicine (forgot what kind) and the maester was like hes scared because it might kill robbert and littlefinger is all like ":youngsabo: dont worry breh, just give him a bit more"