A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You know i was thinking about something.....

I would find it hard to trust a nikka who regularly flays people alive, has an insane b*stard son who hunts PEOPLE (and his pops seems to have no issue with it). And lives in a place called The DREADfort....

:leostare:

Roose and Ramsay better get theirs...The North Remembers :to:

Yeah, they'll get theirs. I don't see how it could ever be as bad as what Ramsey dealt out, though.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Starks were naive keeping them dudes around :sadcam:

Should have exterminated them nikkas like Tywin Lannister did the Reynes and Tarbecks.

Although that would have changed the course of history since Roose Bolton helped out a great deal for Robert's Rebellion right?

One thing I've been meaning to ask, did you guys sympathize with Tywin Lannister at one point? After learning his back story. I mean dude was raised by a punk ass daddy and pretty much the full weight of restoring his House name fell on him. I kind of blame the Mad King for how he turned out as well not just his wife's death.
Everybody's got a story :smugdraper:

I might see the redeeming qualities in Jaime right now but he still pushed Based Bran out the window and must pay for it :birdman:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Starks were naive keeping them dudes around :sadcam:

Should have exterminated them nikkas like Tywin Lannister did the Reynes and Tarbecks.

Although that would have changed the course of history since Roose Bolton helped out a great deal for Robert's Rebellion right?

One thing I've been meaning to ask, did you guys sympathize with Tywin Lannister at one point? After learning his back story. I mean dude was raised by a punk ass daddy and pretty much the full weight of restoring his House name fell on him. I kind of blame the Mad King for how he turned out as well not just his wife's death.

Tywin was a genius of his time...his largest flaw was not recognizing Tyrion as his Heir in ability. Other than that dude is the man, i was ALMOST sad to see him go out like that. But dude was mad hypocritical so :manny:

And yeah the North needed Roose but he dealt out WAY more than what he helped with. The Young Wolf never even so much as laid eyes on Harrenhall.

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
Is there a summary somewhere of the first 5 books? Basically just one long spoiler. I saw the wiki out there, but shyt is too confusing...I just want someone to tell me everything important that has happened to date.

Thanks.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Is there a summary somewhere of the first 5 books? Basically just one long spoiler. I saw the wiki out there, but shyt is too confusing...I just want someone to tell me everything important that has happened to date.

Thanks.

Bruh, that's 5,000 pages of shyt. Those wiki's are as condensed as you're going to get. Look at who the main characters are and read their pages.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

I might see the redeeming qualities in Jaime right now but he still pushed Based Bran out the window and must pay for it :birdman:

:obama:

Yeah it's too bad, I really like dude now but I just know that karma is coming for that ass. If I remember correctly I don't think Jaime ever felt repentant for what he did to Bran.

I know one thing though... George RR Martin is gonna need writing skills from God to make me feel sorry for dem Freys and Boltons. :birdman:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Tywin was a genius of his time...his largest flaw was not recognizing Tyrion as his Heir in ability. Other than that dude is the man, i was ALMOST sad to see him go out like that. But dude was mad hypocritical so :manny:

And yeah the North needed Roose but he dealt out WAY more than what he helped with. The Young Wolf never even so much as laid eyes on Harrenhall.

Tywin was one of my favorite characters. He was one of the smartest in the entire story, but like you said, he failed to realized his son was as well.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dem FREYS all gotta die. I need Nymeria chewing on Walder Frey's testicles, while Arya burning down the TWINS. Can't wait till that nikka GREAT JOHN get loose.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I just realized that if Stannis dies the real Baratheon bloodline is fukked. :to: Where Edric Storm at or all the male b*stards Robert sired? Legitimize them...

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm all for STANNIS ending this war. The Bolton's gotta be strung up and flayed for the rest of Winter. We need Theon working over Ramsay on spit of nails, making that nikka squeal. Then letting GHOST gnaw on his bits. Dat nikka Ramsay gotta get got Medieval style. No slow death for him.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'm all for STANNIS ending this war. The Bolton's gotta be strung up and flayed for the rest of Winter. We need Theon working over Ramsay on spit of nails, making that nikka squeal. Then letting GHOST gnaw on his bits. Dat nikka Ramsay gotta get got Medieval style. No slow death for him.

You mean no quick death for him?

I hope the Boltons are aware of their Ls before they go out, I'd be most upset if them dudes get Balon Greyjoy death :snoop:. Only vile nikkas that went out brutally so far was Gregor Clegane :jawalrus: I also thought Amory Lorch needed a longer death but nig got mauled to death by a bear so that was cool with me :whew:

Death of the leader of the Bloody Mummers was a bit dissatisfying since dude went delirious from an infection before being dealt with.:obama:

What's the funniest moments for you guys in the books?

A Feast For Crows

shytmouth: Me? shyt no. Bugger me with a spear. :heh:

Ser Jaime (to Illyn Payne): You heard the man. Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse. :beli:

shytmouth: You keep that bloody thing away from me! :wtf:

Ser Jaime: Make up your mind :steviej:

:russ: @ a nikka named shytmouth.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
What's the funniest moments for you guys in the books?

Anything dealing with my nikka Dolorous Edd...dude goes in.

I wanna root for Stannis but i know dude is doomed. He isn't the Lord of Light, Jon Snow is.

Personally I want more Dorne... specifically more Sand Snakes and Arianne. :takedat:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps

he did though. Dude lost a hand and can't fight the only thing he was good at and loved.

Although he is good at warfare like his pops