A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Anyone think they're gonna do the dance of dragons epilogue. Varys on his way back to Westeros and seems like shyt is all good in Kings Landing with the people supporting Tommen and the Crown. Varys may have heard and is going back to cause chaos like he did in the books. I think it would be a dope scene in the final episode.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Anyone think they're gonna do the dance of dragons epilogue. Varys on his way back to Westeros and seems like shyt is all good in Kings Landing with the people supporting Tommen and the Crown. Varys may have heard and is going back to cause chaos like he did in the books. I think it would be a dope scene in the final episode.
Exactly as I saw it

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
anyone else think the show is doing a good job of making you wanna root for Cersei to murk off the high sparrow and her bytch ass son? i feel like she's very similar to dany, neither of them know how to play the game, they're best at just playing the villain role and going straight for the jugular

and they kinda flipped jaime for me too :patrice: he needs to be humbled again imo

Petyr is doing an AMAZING job of staying out of the bullshyt until he knows he can get a guaranteed W :whew: he gonna catch the Boltons from the rear and do what ramsay did to sansa :shaq:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Somebody pointed out how varys left mereen right before the slave masters showed up :patrice:

Also if he's invested in faegon in the books, it wouldn't be a far stretch to assume he wants to have Dany killed by the sons of the harpy

Or not

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Somebody pointed out how varys left mereen right before the slave masters showed up :patrice:

Also if he's invested in faegon in the books, it wouldn't be a far stretch to assume he wants to have Dany killed by the sons of the harpy

Or not
as far as show Vary's goes, i interpreted it as him wanted to force Dany to get the fukk up outta there and start heading to westeros, after this fight there's no way in hell she'd want to still stay there and deal with this shyt

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Its not the greatest shyt but the way it's written in the books and her reveal are dope as fukk. Gotta remember this is a fantasy genre anyway so what's another zombie :manny:.
The way it was written was good, I agree

But it was literally the only time in the entire series when I said "I wish that hadnt have happened"

It cheapened the Red Wedding IMO. I have no problem with the decayed zombie aspect

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I had to guess id say shyt is gonna look real bad for Dany but then Syrio and Lady Stoneheart will come to save her:troll:

I also think Jon and the wildlings will put up a good fight but ultimately be losing...until Syrio and Lady Stoneheart show up to save them.

Forreal though, show wise my guess is Drogon puts in work but Dany is about to lose and then the Greyjoy armada shows up.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
anyone else think the show is doing a good job of making you wanna root for Cersei to murk off the high sparrow and her bytch ass son? i feel like she's very similar to dany, neither of them know how to play the game, they're best at just playing the villain role and going straight for the jugular

and they kinda flipped jaime for me too :patrice: he needs to be humbled again imo

Petyr is doing an AMAZING job of staying out of the bullshyt until he knows he can get a guaranteed W :whew: he gonna catch the Boltons from the rear and do what ramsay did to sansa :shaq:
the cersei/dany parallel has always been glaring

both carted around as political alliance chips, both actually with the shyts and not hesitant to kill if need be, both amass power and don't know what to do with it, yet still feel entitled to it, they even nearly ended up as relatives if cersei had married rhaegar and dany married viserys. as it happened, they both got married off to long-haired brutish testosterone-fueled alpha males who died by sharp objects. and one thought she was gonna marry her brother while the other just really wanted to marry her brother. both spun those unwanted marriages into positions of power, too.

the one major difference was that dany has always had good intentions and wanted to help people, no matter how had she was at doing it, and cersei just wanted to fukk over everyone. one sees a better tomorrow, the other is just bitter as hell