A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
anyone else think the show is doing a good job of making you wanna root for Cersei to murk off the high sparrow and her bytch ass son? i feel like she's very similar to dany, neither of them know how to play the game, they're best at just playing the villain role and going straight for the jugular

and they kinda flipped jaime for me too :patrice: he needs to be humbled again imo

Petyr is doing an AMAZING job of staying out of the bullshyt until he knows he can get a guaranteed W :whew: he gonna catch the Boltons from the rear and do what ramsay did to sansa :shaq:

I hate religion so I'm rooting for his dead in both the show and the book, but especially on the show, the only scene I really liked this episode was cersei finally unleashing Gregor on those zealots :whew:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The whole Blackfish/Riverrun storyline was pointless. Why even bring him back?:scust:

The only thing I can come up with is that they wanted Jamie out of Kings Landing and they run with the siege storyline. I mean, Cersei lighting KL with wildfire would make less sense with Jamie there I think.

But yeah, shyt was underwhelming as fukk. Even the Pod/Bronn scene felt forced as fukk.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
The whole Blackfish/Riverrun storyline was pointless. Why even bring him back?:scust:

WORD, shyt was disappointing as hell :snoop:
You've both read the books so what were you expecting? Last week Blackfish said sieges were dull affairs so I'm not sure what they could have done to liven it up.

And he's a minor character, why is he so worthy of an on-screen death or final fight scene?

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
You've both read the books so what were you expecting? Last week Blackfish said sieges were dull affairs so I'm not sure what they could have done to liven it up.

And he's a minor character, why is he so worthy of an on-screen death or final fight scene?
i dont get why they didn't just have him run off with pod and brienne. he wouldn't be central to jon's army, but he could still be there and have a few choice lines. his notoriety in my mind is from how he escaped through the moat when jaime took riverrun, so why not just have get smuggled out by brienne at the end? what's the harm?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

Man they coulda had a 2 minute fight scene to show how stubborn he was about holdin that fort down, they've shown minor character deaths in the show multiple times :comeon:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

As a writer I was expecting something that moved the plot or revealed character that tangent did neither. Given how it played put there was absolutely no reason to waste time on it. Why bring back a character like the Blackfish only to have him talk ish to Jamie and then die off-screen for notthing?:dwillhuh: And bringing Brienne and Pod back into it just reminded us of the stupidest plotline in the show (pod's penis):snoop: while brining attention to the fact that Brienne can apparently teleport:ohhh: as I'm sure she'll be at Winterfell next ep:heh:.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
As a writer I was expecting something that moved the plot or revealed character that tangent did neither. Given how it played put there was absolutely no reason to waste time on it. Why bring back a character like the Blackfish only to have him talk ish to Jamie and then die off-screen for notthing?:dwillhuh: And bringing Brienne and Pod back into it just reminded us of the stupidest plotline in the show (pod's penis):snoop: while brining attention to the fact that Brienne can apparently teleport:ohhh: as I'm sure she'll be at Winterfell next ep:heh:.
It got Jamie out the picture and weakened Cersei at the same time. It allows her to go unchecked and potentially do what many expect based on Bran's vision.

As far as the Blackfish him staying to die isn't out of character based on what he said about running at the RW and refusing to run again. The only reason he's alive is because he had to piss at the right time. He said Sansa.is fighting for her home and that's exactly what he plans to do. He can't bring himself to fight for someone else's home And leave his men to fight for his home?

As far as an on-screen death, that's a personal opinion that didn't bother me.

The teleporting thing is just something we have to deal with. Jamie got there just as fast with a larger army and besides, who wants to see 2 episodes of people traveling?

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Yup, waste of screen time. They coulda had Jamie show up and handle Edmure, that'd shave time to use on other plots which might actually have impact. I saw some cats saying maybe Brienne and Pod will get caught by the brotherhood on their way back (Hound there too) which could lead to her bringing Sansa reinforcements after all.