A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It got Jamie out the picture and weakened Cersei at the same time. It allows her to go unchecked and potentially do what many expect based on Bran's vision.
Didn't need to see it though, I'd rather get more Bran. Just felt like the whole thing could have happened off-scren.

As far as the Blackfish him staying to die isn't out of character based on what he said about running at the RW and refusing to run again. The only reason he's alive is because he had to piss at the right time. He said Sansa.is fighting for her home and that's exactly what he plans to do. He can't bring himself to fight for someone else's home And leave his men to fight for his home?
Never said it was out of character, just seemed pointless to bring back a guy from the first few seasons who clearly has no importance in the overall story line. With so many characters on the show I'm guessing people who haven't read the books didn't even remember him.

As far as an on-screen death, that's a personal opinion that didn't bother me.
Not a big fan of off-screen deaths/fights. Don't tell me somebody fought, show me.:comeon:
Of course, this is all personal opinion and mine is no better than anyone elses. Not saying anybody is wrong or dumb for enjoying it, just stating why it didn't work for me.

The teleporting thing is just something we have to deal with. Jamie got there just as fast with a larger army and besides, who wants to see 2 episodes of people traveling?
Yeah, that was just jokes. I actually like the fact that they just ignore the distances, it can be really limiting in the books, just can be a bit glaring at times and Brienne's journey didn't seem to have a point in the larger picture.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I wish dudes would stop talking about LSH in the show thread

:yeshrug: I feel like show watcher-only folks opened themselves up to being exposed to remaining book spoilers & Book theories when they & the media made such a big deal about how the show has caught up to the books after the end of last season.

As much as folks openly talk about book theories & remaining book spoilers in the Season 6 thread, there hasn't been 1 report about book spoilers/book theories in that thread this season. Only reports for folks talking about leaked episodes that hadn't aired yet.

tjwettem

#StarkSet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#StarkSet
b*stard Bowl totally delivered, this might be the best battle we've seen in the entire series so far. For me it's between this and hardhome. I feel like this was the best display of the absolute chaos that takes place during a battle like this.

I'm curious to see if things play out similarly in winds. Do the events of this season pretty much dead all speculation of who actually authored the pink letter? I held out hope for the longest that it was stannis who authored it as a ploy to bring down more fighting forces from the wall to help him smash the boltons at winterfell. Now I'm almost certain it was Ramsay and the battle we saw last night will be the battle at winterfell we end up reading about.

Also I feel like rickon dying last night means Davos doesn't return with him from skagos. i never really saw much of a role for him to play moving forward.

We need this fukking books brehs, one more episode left of the season and then a whole year with nothing to do but speculate and re-read.:sadcam:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
b*stard Bowl totally delivered, this might be the best battle we've seen in the entire series so far. For me it's between this and hardhome. I feel like this was the best display of the absolute chaos that takes place during a battle like this.

I'm curious to see if things play out similarly in winds. Do the events of this season pretty much dead all speculation of who actually authored the pink letter? I held out hope for the longest that it was stannis who authored it as a ploy to bring down more fighting forces from the wall to help him smash the boltons at winterfell. Now I'm almost certain it was Ramsay and the battle we saw last night will be the battle at winterfell we end up reading about.

Also I feel like rickon dying last night means Davos doesn't return with him from skagos. i never really saw much of a role for him to play moving forward.

We need this fukking books brehs, one more episode left of the season and then a whole year with nothing to do but speculate and re-read.:sadcam:
i think the show just needed a way to write rickon out cleanly. the mute kid learning to write and IDing rickon wasn't for nothing, i hope. i might just be overly optimistic because i really wanna read some scenes on skagos :lupe: