A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
It's either Jon or Dany....we won't know until we're sure that Jon is Ned Starks son
Viserys told Dany she was born on Dragonstone and I believe Ser Barristan did as well but I'm not positive. So any plot involving her being Lyanna's daughter would have to include an 8 year old Viserys being able to keep up the lie. I think we can all agree that Viserys is not capable of doing that.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Viserys told Dany she was born on Dragonstone and I believe Ser Barristan did as well but I'm not positive. So any plot involving her being Lyanna's daughter would have to include an 8 year old Viserys being able to keep up the lie. I think we can all agree that Viserys is not capable of doing that.

do you remember every single thing from when you were 8 years old? its not out of the question that his real sister died, and another baby was snuck in and he was told his "sister" survived. he's a 3rd grader. he would believe anything an adult says.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
do you remember every single thing from when you were 8 years old? its not out of the question that his real sister died, and another baby was snuck in and he was told his "sister" survived. he's a 3rd grader. he would believe anything an adult says.
One thing I do remember at 8 years old is what my family looked like; and I feel sorry for anyone who wasn't mentally developed enough at that age to remember something so important.

And also there's way too many things that would need to happen. For one, Ned would have to know that Rhaella died giving birth to her daughter, not to mention he had to know that she was even having a daughter. All he knew was that she was at Dragonstone and the Kingsguard were not with her. Rhaella was also being pursued by Robert's forces. So Ned would have to take Dany (himself, because he wouldn't leave such an important task to anyone else) from Dorne all the way to Dragonstone, sneak Dany past Robert's forces and convince whoever was guarding Viserys to take Dany with them to Essos. That's assuming whoever Visery's protector was had not left Dragonstone yet.

So I think it's pretty safe to say that Dany is not Lyanna's daughter.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Some recent posts in this thread :what:

3AHdfeS.png

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
anyone know any fantasy novels as gruesome/ violent and in depth as ASOIAF ( i dont want LOTR type shyt) ?

I'll cosign the First Law trilogy. Not as sprawling as ASOIAF but just as dark and brutal - gratuitously so at points. The first book was admittedly difficult for me to get through; two of the four main pov characters were just obnoxious and one note. But the story and the other characters were interesting enough for me to read through it. The writing for the rest of the series is on point though and the characters become more nuanced. Above all, I recommend it to people because its deconstruction of fantasy tropes is just masterful.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think Brienne is going to pull Jaimie away from Cersei.

The fact that they are pushing Jaimie and Cersei's love so hard makes me feel it's going to go the other way. That's usually what happens in this show.

:leostare: