A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
GRRM just revealed at a convention that Ser Duncan the Tall is related to Brienne:

Game Of Thrones Winds of Winter New Brienne Backstory. George RR Martin Dunk and Egg Ser Duncan The Tall update, Brienne vs Jaime and Tormund Giantsbane lols

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Start with Gardens of the Moon, the 1st book

end with The Crippled God, 10th book

they are piff :ohlawd: shyt feels like a cinematic adventure

even the smartest characters in GoT would get completely sonned in this series :wow: my nikka Quick Ben would have varys and littefinger, shyt even the 3 eyed raven, ready to commit that, @The Flying Dutchman know what im talkin about

@Adam3000 you like well thought out plots n shyt, this series will do it for you
I would love to find a ASOIAF equivalent. I tried First Law trilogy and put it down halfway through book 1 so i could re-read A Feast for Crows:heh:

I only read at night before bed and I only can get a chapter or so in before I fall asleep. Its prohibitive.

I am re-reading Storm of Swords right now and am getting impatient that I still have 2 more books before I get to go back to Game of Thrones:heh:

Its pathetic:ld:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I would love to find a ASOIAF equivalent. I tried First Law trilogy and put it down halfway through book 1 so i could re-read A Feast for Crows:heh:

I only read at night before bed and I only can get a chapter or so in before I fall asleep. Its prohibitive.

I am re-reading Storm of Swords right now and am getting impatient that I still have 2 more books before I get to go back to Game of Thrones:heh:

Its pathetic:ld:
If you go into anything directly comparing it to another you never gonna find an "equivalent" so i hope you're not that extreme with it :patrice:

Malazan has the same types of characters but instead of dealin with Kings and Lords you're dealing with armies and Gods

same way Jofferey got clapped up, there's people who'll finesse a God and kill that mahfukka :whew: shyt even the gods plottin on killin each other, it would be like if The Stranger and the Drowned god showed up at the Tower of Joy and started going in on each other, and then Bryden shows up and stabs the Drowned God....then all of a sudden the ironborn islands start disintegrating and falling into the ocean, ripple effect of major power struggles is a big thing in this series

Last edited:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Do we have a date for The Doors of Stone? shyt is in WOW territory right now :mjcry:
Nah :mjcry:

All he ever said was when it's not coming out. Then he signed a huge deal for multi platform shyt where he has creative control

Sound familiar? :stopitslime:

difference is I get the feeling he actually wants to tell the story more than George does. That's 100% speculation tho

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Damn brehs, I need to know what happened at the Tragedy of Summerhall. Did Martin ever say if the Dunk & Egg stories will eventually touch on this? Maybe we will get info from Bran?

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I just want and explanation as to how he was able to even get in Valyria.

It better be some next level shyt that no one else was able to do
If you even sail close to Valaryia you go mad

But Euron is already crazy so maybe whatever is out there doesn't effect him :lupe: