A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Damn brehs, I need to know what happened at the Tragedy of Summerhall. Did Martin ever say if the Dunk & Egg stories will eventually touch on this? Maybe we will get info from Bran?
I thought it was Harrenahll?
Anyway, I think that vision Bran had of the wildfire exploding may have been Harrenhall. Unless Bran can see into the future, everything he saw has already happened and we know Aerys never lit the wildfire off.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Anyway, I think that vision Bran had of the wildfire exploding may have been Harrenhall. Unless Bran can see into the future, everything he saw has already happened and we know Aerys never lit the wildfire off.
Some dude at my job has a theory where he thinks it's the future and it's related to when Dany was there in the house of undying and it was raining ashes.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Harrenhall was burned up by dragons breh

The wildfire exploding scene looks exactly lile the room of wildfire Tyrion saw so imo it's gonna happen in the future, for all we know Cersei might set that shyt off as a final fukk you

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Might lend weight to the idea that 3ER was whispering in Aerys' ear

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Harrenhall was burned up by dragons breh

The wildfire exploding scene looks exactly lile the room of wildfire Tyrion saw so imo it's gonna happen in the future, for all we know Cersei might set that shyt off as a final fukk you
My bad, it was Summerhall I was thinking of.
The Tragedy at Summerhall was an event that took place approximately forty years before the events of Game of Thrones. It resulted in the deaths of King Aegon V Targaryen, his son Prince Duncan Targaryen and the legendary knight Ser Duncan the Tall.
Even in AWOIAF they skip over this. I hope that's what that scene was.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Damn I feel dumb for never realizing that the "born under a bleeding star" could be explicitly talking about the Sword Dawn and Dayne being killed with it at the Tower of Joy.

Sword made from "falling star". Falling star sigil. Starfall.

Right there in plain English. ToJ scene shows Ned walking up the stairs holding Dawn too.

I can't believe I had to have someone point this out. It seems so obvious.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
The Asian King Aerys

big-trouble-in-little-china.jpg

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
anyone know any fantasy novels as gruesome/ violent and in depth as ASOIAF ( i dont want LOTR type shyt) ?

Try The Black Company. It's like platoon based fantasy, written by a Vietnam vet. The scale is smaller than ASOIAF but it's really good.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Damn I feel dumb for never realizing that the "born under a bleeding star" could be explicitly talking about the Sword Dawn and Dayne being killed with it at the Tower of Joy.

Sword made from "falling star". Falling star sigil. Starfall.

Right there in plain English. ToJ scene shows Ned walking up the stairs holding Dawn too.

I can't believe I had to have someone point this out. It seems so obvious.

Yo.....it would shatter the internet if Dany was Lyanna's daughter :damn:

It's just the ages don't match up quite right

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
It's either Jon or Dany....we won't know until we're sure that Jon is Ned Starks son

Im not sure if the Prince that was Promised is Jon or Dany, but I think it's pretty clear that Jon was born in the Tower of Joy. R + L= J is canon to a lot of readers.

So Jon was born under a bleeding star (figuratively) .

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Im not sure if the Prince that was Promised is Jon or Dany, but I think it's pretty clear that Jon was born in the Tower of Joy. R + L= J is canon to a lot of readers.

So Jon was born under a bleeding star (figuratively) .
Dany was also born under a Bleeding Star....the Red Comet showed up after she became Mother of Dragons :jbhmm: