A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
anyone know any fantasy novels as gruesome/ violent and in depth as ASOIAF ( i dont want LOTR type shyt) ?
Malazan Books of the Fallen have a ton of violence and excellent worldbuilding, it can be confusing at times though because a few of the books cover the same time but on different continents. I'm on my second read and I find I pick up on a lot more things since I know which characters and events they refer to. There are also a few books that tie in to the main story but I haven't checked those yet, the main series is ten huge books already.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
Malazan Books of the Fallen have a ton of violence and excellent worldbuilding, it can be confusing at times though because a few of the books cover the same time but on different continents. I'm on my second read and I find I pick up on a lot more things since I know which characters and events they refer to. There are also a few books that tie in to the main story but I haven't checked those yet, the main series is ten huge books already.
i tried reading that but I was seriously confused :mjcry:

i had no idea what was going on

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i wanna get into these but im getting burned out on all these series

im looking for fantasy novels that just stand solo as a great story and do not continue on anywhere

when i started name of the wind 2 years ago i thought by the time i read 1800 pages and put some other books in between here and there, rothfuss would have released the 3rd and final story

:stopitslime: :mjcry:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
i tried reading that but I was seriously confused :mjcry:

i had no idea what was going on
U gotta fight through it breh, it starts off slow but once it gets going :wow:

Malazan is top 5/top 10 once u figure out where everyone is :ohlawd: the fights amd convergences in that book are some of the best I've ever read

Shouldn't be too bad cuz he splits the books up into groups of characters just like GRRM

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
i wanna get into these but im getting burned out on all these series

im looking for fantasy novels that just stand solo as a great story and do not continue on anywhere

when i started name of the wind 2 years ago i thought by the time i read 1800 pages and put some other books in between here and there, rothfuss would have released the 3rd and final story

:stopitslime: :mjcry:
Im still waiting on The Stone Door :mjcry: rothfuss keep playin with us breh

Kvothe the GOAT :blessed:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Im still waiting on The Stone Door :mjcry: rothfuss keep playin with us breh

Kvothe the GOAT :blessed:
man like pat rothfuss just signed a movie/board game/video game deal worth millions :whew: that book won't see the light of day for 6 years

my boy called the first book Name of the Friend :pachaha: simpin over a known hooker :snoop:

but when he rolls into the fae and then smashes some adem :banderas: he made it :blessed:

real shyt, as long as GRRM keeps fakin like this, brehs should recommend more series and novels that ASOIAF fans would fukk with. i know there's a huge reddit discussion on this, but fukk them

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
U gotta fight through it breh, it starts off slow but once it gets going :wow:

Malazan is top 5/top 10 once u figure out where everyone is :ohlawd: the fights amd convergences in that book are some of the best I've ever read

Shouldn't be too bad cuz he splits the books up into groups of characters just like GRRM
going to amazon to add these to the wishlist and i see that the dude he co-created the world with has written his own novels :damn:

and there are prequels :damn:

what order should i read these in :damn:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
going to amazon to add these to the wishlist and i see that the dude he co-created the world with has written his own novels :damn:

and there are prequels :damn:

what order should i read these in :damn:
Start with Gardens of the Moon, the 1st book

end with The Crippled God, 10th book

they are piff :ohlawd: shyt feels like a cinematic adventure

even the smartest characters in GoT would get completely sonned in this series :wow: my nikka Quick Ben would have varys and littefinger, shyt even the 3 eyed raven, ready to commit that, @The Flying Dutchman know what im talkin about

@Adam3000 you like well thought out plots n shyt, this series will do it for you

Last edited:

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown

even the smartest characters in GoT would get completely sonned in this series :wow: my nikka Quick Ben would have varys and littefinger, shyt even the 3 eyed raven, ready to commit that, @The Flying Dutchman know what im talkin about

@Adam3000 you like well thought out plots n shyt, this series will do it for you
I know, Quick Ben would just release some warrens on those fools:jawalrus:
I never went beyond the main ten books though, I know Erikson got some more out there which I'll propably cop in the near future, not sure about the books by the other dude though, are they worth it? I know they deal with things like the Wickan war and those two necromancers that come along in Memories of Ice so I am curious, I just don't want to find out he doesn't have Eriksonns skills

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I know, Quick Ben would just release some warrens on those fools:jawalrus:
I never went beyond the main ten books though, I know Erikson got some more out there which I'll propably cop in the near future, not sure about the books by the other dude though, are they worth it? I know they deal with things like the Wickan war and those two necromancers that come along in Memories of Ice so I am curious, I just don't want to find out he doesn't have Eriksonns skills
all 12 warrens :banderas:
AND Quick ben (along with a lot of other characters) was BLACK :ohlawd: darkskinned to be exact

i only read the original 10 myself :manny: i'll check em out after i finish the current trilogy im reading (Mistborn)

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

10 books :whew: