A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I aint gonna debate the quality with you because thats your opinion, but I kind of find this particular episode as an odd point in time to make that statement considering all of the fan service that has been given to book readers the last couple episodes.

Tonight we had:

-Mad King flashback
-Big wildfire foreshadowing
-Benjen back
-Horn Hill visit
-Amazing Randyl Tarly depiction
-Heartsbane appearance and theft
-Mace Tyrell in incredibly over the top armor
-Arya retreiving needle
-Jaime's arc switching back to the books
-Edmure Tully appearance
-Minor character namedrops all over the place (Blackfish, BWB, etc.)
-Walder Frey return

This episode was pure fan service.

Maybe your comment was just your general feelings and wasn't directed at this particular episode though.
Frey was fanservice to you?
Mace Tyrell in that dumbass armor?

Outside of Benjen/Arya/Randyll/Wildfire foreshadowing everything else about this ep seemed to be BUILDING towards fan service

Like them mentioning black fish is what i'd consider building to the actual fan service which would be him on screen talkin that :pacspit: to frey and jaime

I guess we got different definitions of the term

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Frey was fanservice to you?
Mace Tyrell in that dumbass armor?

Outside of Benjen/Arya/Randyll/Wildfire foreshadowing everything else about this ep seemed to be BUILDING towards fan service

Like them mentioning black fish is what i'd consider building to the actual fan service which would be him on screen talkin that :pacspit: to frey and jaime

I guess we got different definitions of the term
Fan service was the wrong term, my bad

I just meant "more noteworthy to book readers than show-only watchers"

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
That new chapter just seems to underline how they fukked up my man Euron
it's been said before but, goddamn valyrian steel armor:gladbron: if GRRM is still alive when he finishes these books he better write another compiling all Eurons adventures before we meet him in the books

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
fukk this makes book Euron even more of an amazing character

:pacspit: at show euron :pacspit:

full suit of valyrian steel armor :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas: :banderas:

An over the top cartoonish homosexual pedophile

So amazing:ohlawd:

Maybe he can forge a Valyrian steel chastity belt to put on all the little boys and resist temptation:jbhmm:

:beli:

That armor does sound :ohlawd: though.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember GRRM replying to an editor of his asking if Benjen = Coldhands with a straight up no.

Still ridic what a savage Euron is, so many different plot strings for GRRM to tie up. Too bad he hasn't had a few years to sort em all out oh wait smh.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
didn't GRRM say in so many words that it's not him?

I mean is the Kindly Man really Jaqen? the show seems to like to combine characters, and use a familiar face
the kindly man isn't a reveal though (unless he really is jaqen, and even then, jaqen is just some braavosi, not a stark). the benjen reveal fell flat. but i was more disappointed that he wasn't riding a stag, if i'm honest.

i don't think we'll even find out who coldhands is, to be honest. north of the wall, there's all sorts of monsters and creatures nobody can explain :yeshrug:

edit: maybe he's a bunch of COTF standing on top of each other to look like one man, a la Space Jam :patrice:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Shade of the Evening is the Essos equivalent of love boat apparently. Seems to have the short term effect of prophetic visions and the long term effect of madness

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
anyone know any fantasy novels as gruesome/ violent and in depth as ASOIAF ( i dont want LOTR type shyt) ?