A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I hope Aeron doesn't die, but I can't see how he lives on that ship when it's riding into battle.
Wanted to see him ruin Euron with Vic.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Some of these characters gotta start having their stories resolved. Obviously we spent a lot more time reading but i can tell a ton of show watchers were like "who? :what:" for a good bit of this episode. Hopefully the end of the season we see some of these people dead and gone forever, cant keep introducing characters and not getting rid of anyone

That whole Hornhill thing was just set up so sam could get the sword :mjlol: i mean it's believable but the whole thing just felt like a lazy way to get him some valaryian steel and keep his "show life" going cuz i doubt viewers would wanna watch him studying in Oldtown

Dany is so tired man :snoop: her story moves so slow and her character is ridiculously stagnant, the humble pie grrm serves her is gonna be epic as hell

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Show arya slidin down on my tier list too

If a short convo is all it takes to change her mind then she shouldn't have gone back to the house of black n white, why go back to the home of the professional assassins you just betrayed :snoop: why even stay there at this point when you know u fukked up?

they gonna have that plot armor protectin her ass which i dont want to happen to her character

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Some of these characters gotta start having their stories resolved. Obviously we spent a lot more time reading but i can tell a ton of show watchers were like "who? :what:" for a good bit of this episode. Hopefully the end of the season we see some of these people dead and gone forever, cant keep introducing characters and not getting rid of anyone

That whole Hornhill thing was just set up so sam could get the sword :mjlol: i mean it's believable but the whole thing just felt like a lazy way to get him some valaryian steel and keep his "show life" going cuz i doubt viewers would wanna watch him studying in Oldtown

Dany is so tired man :snoop: her story moves so slow and her character is ridiculously stagnant, the humble pie grrm serves her is gonna be epic as hell

Dany's character and story is the most accurate considering show fans are sick and tired of her making lateral moves and doing the same shyt all the time :pachaha:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Dany's character and story is the most accurate considering show fans are sick and tired of her making lateral moves and doing the same shyt all the time :pachaha:
Word :pachaha: they feel our pain

Sad part is we gonna have to read all of this new Dany content when the new book drops :why:

Atleast we'll have Dany's real crew instead of this stale ass daario

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
New chapter spoiler

Holy shyt my nikka Crow's Eye got himself a Valyrian steel armor? :ohhh::banderas:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
show is decidedly NOT for book readers anymore

Which is cool, I'm glad others get to enjoy this universe

But give us some goddamn books to read too

I aint gonna debate the quality with you because thats your opinion, but I kind of find this particular episode as an odd point in time to make that statement considering all of the fan service that has been given to book readers the last couple episodes.

Tonight we had:

-Mad King flashback
-Big wildfire foreshadowing
-Benjen back
-Horn Hill visit
-Amazing Randyl Tarly depiction
-Heartsbane appearance and theft
-Mace Tyrell in incredibly over the top armor
-Arya retreiving needle
-Jaime's arc switching back to the books
-Edmure Tully appearance
-Minor character namedrops all over the place (Blackfish, BWB, etc.)
-Walder Frey return

This episode was pure fan service.

Maybe your comment was just your general feelings and wasn't directed at this particular episode though.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I aint gonna debate the quality with you because thats your opinion, but I kind of find this particular episode as an odd point in time to make that statement considering all of the fan service that has been given to book readers the last couple episodes.

Tonight we had:

-Mad King flashback
-Big wildfire foreshadowing
-Benjen back
-Horn Hill visit
-Amazing Randyl Tarly depiction
-Heartsbane appearance and theft
-Mace Tyrell in incredibly over the top armor
-Arya retreiving needle
-Jaime's arc switching back to the books
-Edmure Tully appearance
-Minor character namedrops all over the place (Blackfish, BWB, etc.)
-Walder Frey return

This episode was pure fan service.

Maybe your comment was just your general feelings and wasn't directed at this particular episode though.
I didn't dislike it, and it was more general, I just think it's less fan service and more them doing what they can to make a dense story work on screen, and it's not as fulfilling if you've had the literary experience

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
:patrice:I'm still skeptical on book cold hands being benjen.

I think the show combined the characters with Benjen being brought back to life by the Children of the Forest. I recall Leaf saying Coldhands died a long time ago. Unless Benjen is some sort of mythical being, I think they're two separate characters in the books.