A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
A brehs that kingsmoot was :flabbynsick: as fukk. Borderline sand snakes bad. The iron born are stupid as fukk on the show. nikkas go from chanting yara to euron just like that:childplease:. No gold, no magic horns, the nikka said some bullshyt and they hopped on breh dikk just like that. :mindblown: why the fukk wouldn't they include the horn? shyt went from:lupe: damn he got a legit shot with Dany to a fukkin pipe dream.
and they have no problem with him flat out admitting to Kinslaying and Kingslaying

stupidest part was telling them to cut down trees and start building ships. It'd take months for them to finish building their ships

Greyjoys ruined just like Dorne. Why even include Euron should've left him out like Victarion if they weren't wiling to do his story justice

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
:whoa: I think we're going a little overboard with the time travel shyt. All bran could do is whisper, he can't physically do shyt.

But the question is what has he ALREADY done. He cant do anything new. But what has he already had a hand in? There are instances of him whispering to people all throughout the books

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
if they cut it that means it doesn't work :mjcry:

they ruined Euron :mjcry:

Eh, could mean they just did something different like how the show got Jon to fight the Bolton's through Sansa and the books through fake Arya. The horn could work in the books and the show just says 'they listen to Dany' or something just like how she's immune to fire in the show

tjwettem

#StarkSet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#StarkSet
Yeah the kings moot was a disappointment, but they are facing the same struggle as grrm. how can they introduce new characters and potentially game changing elements this late in the series knowing that they have to find a way to wrap this all up in one or two more seasons. Martin has a little more freedom to do this because he can just make the books longer, they have 10 hours to fit an entire book into a season, some stuff gotta get cut. It's disappointing but they are doing the best they can with the constraints placed on their ability to tell the story.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
the ironborn going to euron was based on the same reason they were down with asha right away - she was considered the oldest heir of balon. all the show really did was downplay how democratic the ironborn actually are, which is fine, that's a cool cultural note for readers but show watchers dont gaf about small details like we do.

i think the horn will pop up somewhere, too, and will be what kills euron and theon eventually. they just need a way for the ironborn to fit into this narrative without causing too many other ripples. they're important because of theon as a ward and his burning of winterfell, but beyond that, they mean nothing to hbo viewers

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
and they have no problem with him flat out admitting to Kinslaying and Kingslaying

stupidest part was telling them to cut down trees and start building ships. It'd take months for them to finish building their ships

Greyjoys ruined just like Dorne. Why even include Euron should've left him out like Victarion if they weren't wiling to do his story justice
And my thing is

Yara and theon had enought men to steal the ENTIRE FLEET

If they had that many people in their side then wouldn't they have won the damn Kingsmoot? :mindblown:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think bran was multitasking. He was in the vision and warging into older hodor at the same time and somehow the two hodors got linked. He ain't gonna be able to do shyt like that all the time.
I think shyt will be handled different in the book. on the show they pretty much ignore a lot of the nuance of "greenseeing". instead of seeing through weirwoods and vague greendreams, Bran is just there, like he stepped into the Star Trek holodeck. to be fair a lot of that I think comes from the differences in the mediums. that kind of vague interpretive stuff is easier to do in books. in TV/film you kind of have to show something specific

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
A brehs that kingsmoot was :flabbynsick: as fukk. Borderline sand snakes bad. The iron born are stupid as fukk on the show. nikkas go from chanting yara to euron just like that:childplease:. No gold, no magic horns, the nikka said some bullshyt and they hopped on breh dikk just like that. :mindblown: why the fukk wouldn't they include the horn? shyt went from:lupe: damn he got a legit shot with Dany to a fukkin pipe dream.

This is exactly the same thing I thought when I was watching the episode. Euron's speech at the Kingsmoot in the books was way more charismatic.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah the kings moot was a disappointment, but they are facing the same struggle as grrm. how can they introduce new characters and potentially game changing elements this late in the series knowing that they have to find a way to wrap this all up in one or two more seasons. Martin has a little more freedom to do this because he can just make the books longer, they have 10 hours to fit an entire book into a season, some stuff gotta get cut. It's disappointing but they are doing the best they can with the constraints placed on their ability to tell the story.

Agreed up to this point. Some of this sh*t is just bad casting/direction of actors.Show Euron had/has no personality, just like show Mance Rayder. Same with the sand snakes.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Agreed up to this point. Some of this sh*t is just bad casting/direction of actors.Show Euron had/has no personality, just like show Mance Rayder. Same with the sand snakes.

Writing is shyt sometimes too.

Horrible writing and plot at times, especially last season and the first episode this season.

No need to make excuses for it.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Writing is shyt sometimes too.

Horrible writing and plot at times, especially last season and the first episode this season.

No need to make excuses for it.
i can't pinpoint the exact time but fight scenes definitely fell off too

at the same time it could just be the separate film crews not having the same amount of talent in the director position

the Night's Watch crew is probably the best out of all of em imo, every scene there is on point