A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Being able to alter someone's consciousness into the past/present is much more power than being able to physically do something.
But that was simple ass hodor who he has been warging into on a regular basis. Remember how hard it was for that 6 skins nikka to warg into that broad? yaw might be right, i need more evidence though.

tjwettem

#StarkSet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#StarkSet
i think this might be playing a step too far. aerys is still a "coin-flipped" targaryen and robert was still a brash young lord who got his girl took by a young OG, and rhaegar was influenced by prophecy but still acting on his own accord.

I kinda think you're right, but i feel like its not out of the realm of possibility that bloodraven and bran were the voices aerys heard, or that they sent rheagar dreams that lead to his obsession with prophecy. :manny:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
:whoa: I think we're going a little overboard with the time travel shyt. All bran could do is whisper, he can't physically do shyt.

Being able to alter someone's consciousness into the past/present is much more power than being able to physically do something.

But that was simple ass hodor who he has been warging into on a regular basis. Remember how hard it was for that 6 skins nikka to warg into that broad? yaw might be right, i need more evidence though.
this was my question too. what exactly happened - did bran accidentally warg into hodor even though he wasn't physically there (which is :mindblown: on infinity)? so then hodor saw himself at the weirwood tree and his brain got mangled?

I kinda think you're right, but i feel like its not out of the realm of possibility that bloodraven and bran were the voices aerys heard, or that they sent rheagar dreams that lead to his obsession with prophecy. :manny:
i think the latter is more likely. aerys was just a nutso targaryen king, like baelor the blessed and aegon iv. what would be the point of pushing him to madness? even rhaegar, especially after becoming obsessed with prophecy, knew he was fukked up and wanted him out. or do you think aerys was an experiment gone wrong and they tried to fix it with incepting rhaegar?

edited to say RIP Summer :mjcry:

tjwettem

#StarkSet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#StarkSet
this was my question too. what exactly happened - did bran accidentally warg into hodor even though he wasn't physically there (which is :mindblown: on infinity)? so then hodor saw himself at the weirwood tree and his brain got mangled?

i think the latter is more likely. aerys was just a nutso targaryen king, like baelor the blessed and aegon iv. what would be the point of pushing him to madness? even rhaegar, especially after becoming obsessed with prophecy, knew he was fukked up and wanted him out. or do you think aerys was an experiment gone wrong and they tried to fix it with incepting rhaegar?

edited to say RIP Summer :mjcry:

I think they saw rhaegar like everyone else at the time did, as a potential unifying figure that all 7 kingdoms could rally around to fight the true threat. They start whispering in aerys ear, driving him deep into madness to the point that people openly question if he is fit to rule. I think this ties into the theory that the tourney at harrenhal was a ruse to get the great lords together to have a great council and figure out a way to depose aerys and pass the crown to rheagar.

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
I think bran was multitasking. He was in the vision and warging into older hodor at the same time and somehow the two hodors got linked. He ain't gonna be able to do shyt like that all the time.

I think from the explanations that D&D gave - 3ER was downloading info into Bran during that scene so he couldn't be woken out of that state, Bran's only way out was to channel present day Hodor through young Wylis to carry him onto the sled and drag his ass out, thus Wylis being fuked up from seeing himself being chased by fuking Ice Zombies in a deep dark cave and witnessing his own death.

I've seen people get fuked up over much less...went out with a girl once who slipped on ice as a child and broke her tailbone. Would not leave the house if the ground looked icy...if it looked icy she'd have to have family/friends salt the ground :mjlol:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Family, @horse. kills I think past Hodor got sent into present Hodor along with Bran :dwillhuh:
i wonder if Hodor at the door suddenly was like " :ohhh: i get it now" and internally laid out a brilliant exegesis on causal loops, only for nobody to ever hear

he's lucky that was meera reed yelling. if i were there his name would have been "fukk"

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
A brehs that kingsmoot was :flabbynsick: as fukk. Borderline sand snakes bad. The iron born are stupid as fukk on the show. nikkas go from chanting yara to euron just like that:childplease:. No gold, no magic horns, the nikka said some bullshyt and they hopped on breh dikk just like that. :mindblown: why the fukk wouldn't they include the horn? shyt went from:lupe: damn he got a legit shot with Dany to a fukkin pipe dream.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
A brehs that kingsmoot was :flabbynsick: as fukk. Borderline sand snakes bad. The iron born are stupid as fukk on the show. nikkas go from chanting yara to euron just like that:childplease:. No gold, no magic horns, the nikka said some bullshyt and they hopped on breh dikk just like that. :mindblown: why the fukk wouldn't they include the horn? shyt went from:lupe: damn he got a legit shot with Dany to a fukkin pipe dream.

I get why they left the horn out. That's a game changer and the show is staying away from all the magic/Old Valyria stuff. Still would've been cool. But they still could've/should've had a few others speak out and definitely should've done the stuff with the treasure.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
I get why they left the horn out. That's a game changer and the show is staying away from all the magic/Old Valyria stuff. Still would've been cool. But they still could've/should've had a few others speak out and definitely should've done the stuff with the treasure.
if they cut it that means it doesn't work :mjcry:

they ruined Euron :mjcry: