A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
when the fighting is over i bet we find that bran or blood raven were responsible for the targrayns coming over to westors.

THEY PROLLY SAW THE DOOM :krs:

HOLY shyt THEY PROLLY CAUSED IT :damn:
yep :yeshrug:

I'm very worried this show will be very entertaining but not be as conclusive as it needs to be to finish as GOAT tier tv

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Actually, you. I read the cotf were making white walkers and Leaf was being shady. I still haven't watched it yet so maybe I misinterpreted it.

I know it was me, I was just playing dumb:lolbron:

This doesn't necessarily change anything for me though. I already knew the First Men were chopping down Weirwoods and killing COTF when they first came over. But the pact was eventually sealed and the First Men adopted the Old Gods

I better not find out that the pact is a lie though :jbhmm:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Is our Bran actually Bran the Builder? He went back with the CoTF to build the Wall in the first place? :ohhh:
That means he built storm's end too

they won't touch that in the show because SE doesn't mean shyt there but in the books that would mean bran has been deep in supernatural fukkery since the beginning of time

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
For the entire series, I was confident that Jon would be the one to save Westeros. But this episode has me questioning every thing that I've thought about every thing. I feel like Melisandre at the end of the first episode this season :mjcry:
:russ: exactly how I feel

So many theories going 800 different directions right now

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Makes sense tho :jbhmm:

Brand and BloodRaven cause the DOOM to try to force Valyria and their dragons/steel to Westeros to protect the realm from the WW's

Targaryens eventually die off, along with all of their dragons and steel and now the WW's ready to come back :wow:

They gonna do SOMETHIN to push Dany to come...

I don't know about that.....they'd be committing genocide killing off a million Valyrians :patrice:

I think they knew the Doom was going to happen and had no part in it and they could have warned ONE FAMILY (Targaryens) to come to Westeros. Which makes sense. Because at the time, Valyrians thought the Targaryens were crazy/stupid for having an island in Westeros. So it would line up with that Targaryen ancestor having visions to leave.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
For the entire series, I was confident that Jon would be the one to save Westeros. But this episode has me questioning every thing that I've thought about every thing. I feel like Melisandre at the end of the first episode this season :mjcry:

Bruh....but what if Bran is responsible for bringing Rheagar and Lyanna together to birth Jon because Jon IS the one to save Westeros. Bran could be connected to the Knight of the Laughing Tree story somehow

fukk

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I don't know about that.....they'd be committing genocide killing off a million Valyrians :patrice:

I think they knew the Doom was going to happen and had no part in it and they could have warned ONE FAMILY (Targaryens) to come to Westeros. Which makes sense. Because at the time, Valyrians thought the Targaryens were crazy/stupid for having an island in Westeros. So it would line up with that Targaryen ancestor having visions to leave.
Only reason i say they may have caused it is cuz nobody knows wtf happened that day still, shyt just got real and the entire place went up in smoke :yeshrug:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Bruh....but what if Bran is responsible for bringing Rheagar and Lyanna together to birth Jon because Jon IS the one to save Westeros. Bran could be connected to the Knight of the Laughing Tree story somehow

fukk

45822-Keanu-Bill-and-Ted-whoa-gif-Yr7D.gif

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I mean to me Jon/Dany were always gonna be the "physical" heroes that everyone could actually see in person while Bran was gonna be waaaay off in the outskirts really pulling the strings

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Only reason i say they may have caused it is cuz nobody knows wtf happened that day still, shyt just got real and the entire place went up in smoke :yeshrug:

It's implied the Faceless men from Braavos did it

The Valyrians practiced slavery. There was nowhere to escape them because they controlled Valyria and the entire Western half of Essos (Volantis, Myr, Tyrosh, Lys, Andalos, Meereen, etc). But some slaves got out anyway and escaped. The Valyrian Freehold knew they were going to a city called Braavos but, no one could find Braavos' location. It's implied the Faceless Men of Braavos caused the Doom through magic to destroy the Valyrian Freehold once and for all.

I prefer that myth. I just can't see Bran being down with genocide, causing a cataclysmic event that killed millions of Valyrians. It strays too close to the "For The Greater Good" mindset for me :patrice:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I mean to me Jon/Dany were always gonna be the "physical" heroes that everyone could actually see in person while Bran was gonna be waaaay off in the outskirts really pulling the strings

See, I thought that too but Bran will be the reason the Wall collapses so he's definitely going to be south of the Wall. If he's south of the Wall, there's no reason that he's not at Winterfell. I think we'll see Bran return to Winterfell once Jon gets rid of the Boltons. I wouldn't be surprised to see all of the Stark children reunited in Winterfell once the Boltons are ousted. We know Sansa & Rickon will be there in the show. I'm pretty sure Arya will be the one to tie up the loose ends in King's Landing both on the show & in the books. The Lannisters will be killed off, probably. I have no idea how the Martels/Tyrells fit into anything going on in the North. The book has the sand snakes strategically placed everywhere. I'm so confused on how this will end now. I thought I knew, but I have no idea :mjcry: