A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Reading ADWD. I wonder if George was hungry while writing the first few pages. You can tell he loves food.

Also does anybody here think Podrick Payne is alive? :to: It looks like he was about to get the noose at the end of AFFC but it didn't go into detail.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
speaking of food... has anyone over the course of the SOIAF series ever eaten without grease dripping down their face? no matter what they eat... "Bron bit into his oat cake, shimmer grease leaked off his chin."

Savage man, savage eating habits :manny:

Authors give too much detail sometimes and repeat shyt.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
everytime there is a paragraph where he lists everything at a feast, or all the men who are in the room or something i just skip the paragraph.

"First it was roast goose with pinenut sauce, followed by an eel pie with a honey glaze, then an assortment of mixed berries to cleanse the pallet, before a pigeon and herring stew was carried in a large pot by two kitchen boys no older than Sansa. Polo had bright red hair, kissed by fire, with a few straggly hairs on his chin. Sansa wondered why he chose to let them hang there. She assumed it was to make him appear older than his true age of two and ten. Distropion Tallywag lacked the upper body brute strength of Polo, but did his best to hold up his end of the boiling hot cauldren. He was a broad boy of three and ten, cherry cheeks untouched by any hint of hair. He had a mole between his eyes, which caused Ser Clappus to spit out his hot spiced wine in laughter. The red Dornish wine dripped down his chin like blood from an axe wound. Sansa politely declined the stew. She was waiting patiently for her favorite dessert, lemon cakes, which were to be paired with candied figs and sliced pomegra SHUT THE fukk UP!

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
everytime there is a paragraph where he lists everything at a feast, or all the men who are in the room or something i just skip the paragraph.

"First it was roast goose with pinenut sauce, followed by an eel pie with a honey glaze, then an assortment of mixed berries to cleanse the pallet, before a pigeon and herring stew was carried in a large pot by two kitchen boys no older than Sansa. Polo had bright red hair, kissed by fire, with a few straggly hairs on his chin. Sansa wondered why he chose to let them hang there. She assumed it was to make him appear older than his true age of two and ten. Distropion Tallywag lacked the upper body brute strength of Polo, but did his best to hold up his end of the boiling hot cauldren. He was a broad boy of three and ten, cherry cheeks untouched by any hint of hair. He had a mole between his eyes, which caused Ser Clappus to spit out his hot spiced wine in laughter. The red Dornish wine dripped down his chin like blood from an axe wound. Sansa politely declined the stew. She was waiting patiently for her favorite dessert, lemon cakes, which were to be paired with candied figs and sliced pomegra SHUT THE fukk UP!

:laff:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
whoever said Feast for Crows was a snooze was right on. 200 pages in and im bored as shyt

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Truck through it, brah. You can do it. Do it for the Cersei and Jaime chapters at least.

Who's POVs are you bored of right now? I know them Ironborn chapters were a drag to me, Some of Brienne's as well.

I've been savoring ADWD only about 100 pages in I think.

About Dany's three betrayals. Who do ya'll think is going to be the gold betrayal? I know Mirri was blood and Dany considers Jorah to be betrayal by love.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

:russ:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Truck through it, brah. You can do it. Do it for the Cersei and Jaime chapters at least.

Who's POVs are you bored of right now? I know them Ironborn chapters were a drag to me, Some of Brienne's as well.

I've been savoring ADWD only about 100 pages in I think.

About Dany's three betrayals. Who do ya'll think is going to be the gold betrayal? I know Mirri was blood and Dany considers Jorah to be betrayal by love.

jaime and cersei's chapters are the snoozey ones so far. they've spent the first 200 pages talking about Tywin's death... move the fukk on already.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
jaime and cersei's chapters are the snoozey ones so far. they've spent the first 200 pages talking about Tywin's death... move the fukk on already.

It takes a minute but both gets interesting down the line. I know Jaime's chapter took longer than Cersei's for me to start enjoying.

Even though the book wasn't as hype as the others though I'm still glad with the info I grabbed reading it.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'm a little bit passed the part where Janos Slynt gets got had this face on the whole time :jawalrus:

I love it when these vile ass motherfukkers get killed in the books :birdman:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I dont care about what happens to the Iron Throne

I'm more interested in Jamies transformation and journey :ld:

:clap:

Jamie went from a minor badass to perhaps the most intriguing POV in the series....his chapters in the 2nd half of ASOS is a testament to that. When dude started thinking about his legacy, what kinda knight he was and will be....:whoo:

I love seeing his sister take L's though lol :laff:

I personally struggled through Bran chapters and some of the joints beyond the wall....but i'm REALLY looking forward to the Sansa chapters, which is something i never thought i would be...but her chapters are giving us insight to Littlefinger...

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'm reading that Reek chapter.

eBJK3.gif

I thought that nikka was dead. :damn: