A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Jaime's gonna get got though. You know how this goes breh.

Yeah I get a strong feeling Jaime ain't gonna make it. A lot of people hate the Lannister name. I'm not even closed to finishing ADwD but after reading some of Tyrion's POV chapters....:huhldup: Little man seems dead set on killing Jaime.

Then there's Lady Stoneheart who's going HAM on anyone connected to peeps that had a hand in the Red Wedding. fukkin' Roose Bolton dropped Jaime's name in that massacre :no:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I hate that Tyrion and Jaime had the falling out. I feel like out of everyone, Jaime would have understood. He's gotta be the only one who gives a shyt about Tyrion.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried to reread ADWD it is actually terrible. I hope this fat **** is able to get back to form. I know that there is an ebb and flow to the story and he had to build everything up again after SoS, but you have to do that in an entertaining way. The Dany chapters are :trash:. Since the next book is supposed to open up with two huge battles I have hope, but is is possible that dude is :flabbynsick:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I hate that Tyrion and Jaime had the falling out. I feel like out of everyone, Jaime would have understood. He's gotta be the only one who gives a shyt about Tyrion.

For real. I feel like Jaime shouldn't revealed that secret though and even then Tyrion shouldn't have just go all hate mode on him. I mean Cersei and Tywin hated him for killing Joanna Lannister :dwillhuh: and being a dwarf but Jaime was off that shyt and still loved him anyway.

I mean that has to count for something :why:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
bros, i can't do it. im putting Feast for Crows down for a while. i dont care about anyone in this book

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
bros, i can't do it. im putting Feast for Crows down for a while. i dont care about anyone in this book

:to:

I guess you can wiki the info. Who are the characters you stannin' for anyway?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I don't know if it's been asked here but keepin' it real and stanning aside...

Scenario: Gregor Clegane raped and murdered Lyanna Stark.

Robert Baratheon (Prime) vs Gregor Clegane

Who would win? :ld:

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I'm reading that Reek chapter.

eBJK3.gif

I thought that nikka was dead. :damn:

He has the best chapters in the book :ohlawd:

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
I don't know if it's been asked here but keepin' it real and stanning aside...

Scenario: Gregor Clegane raped and murdered Lyanna Stark.

Robert Baratheon (Prime) vs Gregor Clegane

Who would win? :ld:

Well two brutes but Robert in his prime was a general
They never say how good gregor is with a sword just thats hes insanely overpowering. Plus Sandor seems equal to Gregor

I'd give it to Prime Robert

Conz

Superstar
Daps
:to:

I guess you can wiki the info. Who are the characters you stannin' for anyway?

honestly never really thought about it. Arya is always good, her chapter was solid, but i just dont give a fukk about Cersei, Breanne, the Martels, etc. so far this entire book has been harping over Tywin and Tyrion, and searching for Sansa. I've been reading these non stop for months, i'm just taking a break

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Well two brutes but Robert in his prime was a general
They never say how good gregor is with a sword just thats hes insanely overpowering. Plus Sandor seems equal to Gregor

I'd give it to Prime Robert

I'd give it to Gregor. Heard he wears thick ass armor that nobody else can wear but I don't even know how good of an aim Robert has with his hammer. With the way Gregor would swing a two handed sword like it was one handed, Robert would need to either aim for the legs or his head to down Gregor.

With the insane reach Gregor probably has I don't think Robert would have time to incapacitate Gregor like that.

honestly never really thought about it. Arya is always good, her chapter was solid, but i just dont give a fukk about Cersei, Breanne, the Martels, etc. so far this entire book has been harping over Tywin and Tyrion, and searching for Sansa. I've been reading these non stop for months, i'm just taking a break

AFFC is the shortest book out of all of them but funny thing is it took me a longer time to finish lol.

I like the Cersei chapters becuase I was curious about them Qyburn experiments :huhldup: and other moments that made me :jawalrus: but I can't really say since I don't know how far you're into the book.

Breanne I agree do suck but she sees some action.

Martells I didn't mind since I wanted to learn about them dudes after Oberyn Martell got his head turned to oatmeal.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Yo my folks, I'm about to go on a lil road trip for work and was wondering if anyone had a link to the audio for Storm of Swords so I can download it onto my phone. Would greatly appreciate it.:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
You know i was thinking about something.....

I would find it hard to trust a nikka who regularly flays people alive, has an insane b*stard son who hunts PEOPLE (and his pops seems to have no issue with it). And lives in a place called The DREADfort....

:leostare:

Roose and Ramsay better get theirs...The North Remembers :to:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
You know i was thinking about something.....

I would find it hard to trust a nikka who regularly flays people alive, has an insane b*stard son who hunts PEOPLE (and his pops seems to have no issue with it). And lives in a place called The DREADfort....

:leostare:

Roose and Ramsay better get theirs...The North Remembers :to:

Starks were naive keeping them dudes around :sadcam:

Should have exterminated them nikkas like Tywin Lannister did the Reynes and Tarbecks.

Although that would have changed the course of history since Roose Bolton helped out a great deal for Robert's Rebellion right?

One thing I've been meaning to ask, did you guys sympathize with Tywin Lannister at one point? After learning his back story. I mean dude was raised by a punk ass daddy and pretty much the full weight of restoring his House name fell on him. I kind of blame the Mad King for how he turned out as well not just his wife's death.