A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I am unclear on a couple of things maybe yall can help me out

Jon Snow gets a letter from Ramsay Bolton stating that Stannis is dead and he wants his red priest and the Karstark girl.Wouldnt Melissandre know if Stannis was dead?

Someone stated that Aegon took Storms End I am reading the book when did that happen the only thing I remember was that Aegon wanted to lead the attack not that they actually went through with it

Seriously Varys works for House Targaryan? He wants to put Aegon on the throne but dont think Danerys is going to like that very much she is more like Aegon the conquorer than this chump:scusthov:

So Bran is some mystical wizard now?When did all these dudes get superpowers?

I think Melisandre's fires may show her that Stannis is "dead" and therefore she will revive Jon the same way Thoros of Myr was reviving the Lightning Lord.

Varys told Kevan Lannister than Aegon would raise his banners above Storms End...i took this as his "birds" informing him that his van lead by Connington is leading a successful siege against it.

And i think Varys works for no one...in book 1 he mentioned working for the "realm". I think he really has no loyalty to anyone and that restoring Aegon, who he feels is a just king, raised humble and with much education is the future. I think he and Littlefinger are great foils to each other. As the eunuch has all noble and fair intentions through his schemes, Littlefingers plans are totally egocentric and selfish.

And yes bran is learning greenseeing from the BloodRaven...so yeah...he'll be a cripple wizard

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I think Melisandre's fires may show her that Stannis is "dead" and therefore she will revive Jon the same way Thoros of Myr was reviving the Lightning Lord.

Varys told Kevan Lannister than Aegon would raise his banners above Storms End...i took this as his "birds" informing him that his van lead by Connington is leading a successful siege against it.

And i think Varys works for no one...in book 1 he mentioned working for the "realm". I think he really has no loyalty to anyone and that restoring Aegon, who he feels is a just king, raised humble and with much education is the future. I think he and Littlefinger are great foils to each other. As the eunuch has all noble and fair intentions through his schemes, Littlefingers plans are totally egocentric and selfish.

And yes bran is learning greenseeing from the BloodRaven...so yeah...he'll be a cripple wizard

somethings telling me he's either gonna find some way to make his legs work again(which prolly wont mean much since he's most likely gonna be binded to the chair/trees n shyt) or he's gonna find someone who will let him have permanent control over their body.

shyt, me might even be able to control a dragon at some point.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Poor Reek. I almost feel bad for his bytch ass

Disappointed that he got his people to surrender. I hope he mans up before the end of this book.

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
Poor Reek. I almost feel bad for his bytch ass

Disappointed that he got his people to surrender. I hope he mans up before the end of this book.

Nah homey if it was anyone else I could understand but this was kings robb right hand man and he did the ultimate betrayal aint no "poor reek"I loved the fact that the b*stard Bolton made him his bytch:umad:

Only Greyjoy that gets respect is Victarion that is it

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Nah homey if it was anyone else I could understand but this was kings robb right hand man and he did the ultimate betrayal aint no "poor reek"I loved the fact that the b*stard Bolton made him his bytch:umad:

Only Greyjoy that gets respect is Victarion that is it

:dwillhuh: You don't fukk w/ the Crow's Eye, breh? Dude's swag is on 100 trillion

Conz

Superstar
Daps
finally finished book 3, skimming Feast For Crows... who the fukk are these characters? I saw Jamie, Samwell, and a bunch of weird characters I've never heard of

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
finally finished book 3, skimming Feast For Crows... who the fukk are these characters? I saw Jamie, Samwell, and a bunch of weird characters I've never heard of

:dwillhuh:

Damn brah you got ADD? You been skimming pages on the first 3 books as well?

Or are you being sarcastic?

Jaime and Samwell have been in the books since the first one. Just not in POV

Conz

Superstar
Daps
nah i curiously skimmed to see which characters were the chapter focuses. the only names that i saw that were familiar were Jamie and Sam, the rest were all weird longer names of characters i dont know yet

the fukk is "The Reaver?" guess i better start reading

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
nah i curiously skimmed to see which characters were the chapter focuses. the only names that i saw that were familiar were Jamie and Sam, the rest were all weird longer names of characters i dont know yet

Oh okay. Yeah once you read it'll make sense on who's who.

Except maybe the prologue where it's kind of weird figuring it out what the point of it was. That one almost flew over my head. So pay close attention to that one.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
shyt. i started a Kevin Smith book and wanted to sneak it in before this one... but i think im gonna have to go ahead and read the prologue now.

First chapter is "The Prophet." The fukk is the Prophet. Dammit, i wanted to take a week off from GOT, but i dont think i can

Conz

Superstar
Daps
gotta be my boy Jagen in the prologue right? just something about the way he spoke. If its' not him, im lost. I guess it could be another "faceless man" too though. too tired to read first chapter.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
gotta be my boy Jagen in the prologue right? just something about the way he spoke. If its' not him, im lost. I guess it could be another "faceless man" too though. too tired to read first chapter.

Yep. Same description too from when he changes face and leaves Arya. I suspected it was Jaqen after thinking about it and remembering that part, and this thread has people believe it's him.

He did that boy Pate wrong tho...:whoo:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i just took a wild guess. now to find out who the fukk the prophet is

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps

they introduce people from Drom