A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don't believe all the GNC but I def think they got something brewing. Always thought it was weird how the mountain clans showed up on the Wall. Were they scouting Jon to see if he's worthy of being king?

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
He may be a Targ. He is fat but so was Aegon IV at the end. He likes to occupy himself in a way that constantly brings him close to fire. His hair is straw colored so that can make him a match. Maybe he will pull a sword out of the oven and it will glow and he will be Azor Ahai. The trio that travel together are him, Gendry and Arya. The other two have highborn noble blood. Symmetry requires that he has it too.

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Manderly is easily my favorite minor character in the whole series.

I love how the loyalty for The starks runs that deep in the north that Even tho the whole house is nearly wiped out, other houses are risking it all to restore them back to power.

Starkset for life :mjcry:

You know that's love because nikkas could easily take over and tell the Starks to fukk off because they're weak now. But that's what 8,000 years of being a just lord will get you. No way the Lannisters or the Tyrells get that sort of love and devotion in their regions. The Manderlys are extremely loyal to the Starks because they were driven from the South thousands of years ago and the Starks accepted them like they were brothers, took them in, gave them a castle and land to call their own. They never got that kinda love from anyone, so they just want to repay it back :mjcry:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
when I think about the next book all I can in the flame is this..

351b3189d86420c728616cd8289d726d.jpg

Jards

All Star
Daps
Thoughts?

Marlon James: My New Book is an 'African Game of Thrones'

Was thinking a few months back that an African ASOIAF could be next level if handled right.

I'm reading dude's latest novel 'A Brief History Of Seven Killings' now and it's dope as fukk - critically acclaimed and won numerous awards globally this year. Similar writing style as Martin (first person perspective from a few different characters). Would be dope as a series as the content and scope is very much like 'The Wire' (political corruption, hierarchical drug cartels, media, etc but set in Jamaica) and HBO have just picked up the option for it. The focus of the story is the attempted assassination of Bob Marley and the rest of the story spirals from that. Just started a thread on it:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/a-br...illings-by-marlon-james.383648/#post-16815426

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
is the book gonna come before season 6 or what?
GRRM has stated that he wants to have TWoW out before Season Six, but his publishers state that nothing is slated to drop in 2016.

It would be hilarious for it to drop on April Fools Day. No one would believe it at first :lolbron: