A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
Definitely my favorite one. I forgot what site but I read a long ass blog about it and was so blown away I read it again.
Its one of the most fleshed out theories I've read. Going off memory, I can't think of one thing that didn't seem plausible. Then again, I jus reallly want the Boltons/Freys to get their just desserts so it was comforting to see a theory that involved the Manderleys, Umbers, and other great northern houses were working against them right under their noses.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Its one of the most fleshed out theories I've read. Going off memory, I can't think of one thing that didn't seem plausible. Then again, I jus reallly want the Boltons/Freys to get their just desserts so it was comforting to see a theory that involved the Manderleys, Umbers, and other great northern houses were working against them right under their noses.

Manderly is easily my favorite minor character in the whole series.

I love how the loyalty for The starks runs that deep in the north that Even tho the whole house is nearly wiped out, other houses are risking it all to restore them back to power.

Starkset for life :mjcry:

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes

Agree. There are theories out there about everything in asoiaf and personally, I think 95% of them are clickbait bullshyt. The Great Northern Conspiracy is an exception.
I want to believe.

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
Manderly is easily my favorite minor character in the whole series.

I love how the loyalty for The starks runs that deep in the north that Even tho the whole house is nearly wiped out, other houses are risking it all to restore them back to power.

Starkset for life :mjcry:

Mine too. Manderly's "the North Remembers" speech might be my favorite speech of the entire series. Dude's fat rolls were shaking and quivering with anger - "... the north remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home." - I didn't see it coming at all and did an out loud "fukk yeah" the first time I read it.
:lawd:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Mine too. Manderly's "the North Remembers" speech might be my favorite speech of the entire series. Dude's fat rolls were shaking and quivering with anger - "... the north remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home." - I didn't see it coming at all and did an out loud "fukk yeah" the first time I read it.
:lawd:

I got chills when I first read it and I still got hyped on every re-read. Him and his granddaughters speech.

Septon meribald speech is probably my favorite of the series tho. I hope they casted al swearengen just so he could deliver that shyt right. If he's indeed playing Septon meribald

Last edited:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I got chills when I first read it and I still got hyped on every re-read. Him and his granddaughters speech.

Septon meribald speech is probably my favorite of the series tho. I hope they casted so swearengen just so he could deliver that shyt right. If he's indeed playing Septon meribald
those 3 scenes plus robb and cat's conversation on the dusty tomb of tristifer IV mudd, king of the rivers and hills :lawd:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
oberyn's fight was dope just cause dude was out there swaggin so hard:whew: i don't think it was the best as far as actual fighting though.

:feedme: on this great northern conspiracy though.

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
oberyn's fight was dope just cause dude was out there swaggin so hard:whew: i don't think it was the best as far as actual fighting though.

:feedme: on this great northern conspiracy though.

Game of Thrones: The Grand Northern Conspiracy

This has all the info and links you need, but it also contains TV SPOILERS for season 6, in case you care about that kind of thing. I think you can find it on reddit too, but I won't link to those idiots on GP.

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
tv spoilers how :lupe:

more than from reading books?

Casting spoilers. I don't think there was anything outside what we already know from the books, but you can just scroll down to the "part 1/part 2/ part 3/ect" links if you want to completely avoid anything having to do with next season.

I'd stay far away from the comment section too, there's a good chance it's full of posts having to do with stuff that has been found out by fans filming parts of location shoots.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Casting spoilers. I don't think there was anything outside what we already know from the books, but you can just scroll down to the "part 1/part 2/ part 3/ect" links if you want to completely avoid anything having to do with next season.

I'd stay far away from the comment section too, there's a good chance it's full of posts having to do with stuff that has been found out by fans filming parts of location shoots.
good looks :myman: