A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Streetcar

All Star
Daps
lC1YED3.gif

Streetcar

All Star
Daps
You pick the worst scene out of 50 episodes to make your point. Gonna need more evidence than this.

Goddamn seeing this gif again makes me :dead: shyt was indeed terrible
I didn't pick this scene alone, it just capsulizes the way this book show is adapted now. The first 2 seasons were pretty great, the third was pretty good and the rest is just horrible to me. For example they made Bronn almost a main character and that whole Dornish trip when Jaime was actually in the Riverlands (my favourite Jaime chapters.) They've butchered it so much I could write pages of how trash it's become. No Tysha but we have Pod fukking whores. :what:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I didn't pick this scene alone, it just capsulizes the way this book show is adapted now. The first 2 seasons were pretty great, the third was pretty good and the rest is just horrible to me. For example they made Bronn almost a main character and that whole Dornish trip when Jaime was actually in the Riverlands (my favourite Jaime chapters.) They've butchered it so much I could write pages of how trash it's become. No Tysha but we have Pod fukking whores. :what:
If they destroyed your favorite chapters then I can see why you say it's trash. Word is Jamie going to the Riverlands next season.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Young Griff is really Rhaegar Targaryen's trueborn son with Elia Martell that was supposed to be dead.

I want to reply to this but it would involve theories and would also spoil the stuff you havent read

Long story short, I think they can easily cut it out and have little effect in the main story. I think he initially seems like a game changer but really isnt

:usure: I just got done reading Book 5's epilogue chapter. You sure about that? Clearly he is big part of Varys' plan.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
:usure: I just got done reading Book 5's epilogue chapter. You sure about that? Clearly he is big part of Varys' plan.

Varys' plan has already changed in the show. The wheels are in motion.

I hate to break it all the Young Griff fans but all that is gonna happen is he is gonna become king and then Dany is gonna swoop in with a horde of Dothraki's and dragons and destroy him.

He is not needed on the show. She can do all her destroying on the Lannisters.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
oh a glutton for punishment. lol

Come on breh it's almost guaranteed this series ends with house stark back on its feet and the lannisters, freys and Boltons taking Ls.

Rickon Lord of winterfell :blessed:

Bran the watcher beyond the wall :blessed:

Sansa queen of the vale :ehh: maybe

Arya probably dead but not before doing serious damage

Jon targaryen king of the 7 kingdoms with his queen/aunt danarys :scust:/:blessed:

At least that's what I'm hoping for