A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I must be the only nikka that doesn't understand all the stannis love...

I didn't like him at all until he saved the Night's Watch ass that made me change my mind about him but then again most of the cool points go to Davos' for showing initiative. I'm glad that he listened to him though.

Things I don't like about him though is that I don't like what he's prepared to do to achieve his goal (ie. burning kids up, specifically Robert's b*stards). I know he was stalling and it was mostly Melisandre all up in his ear about dem burnings and shyt but damn if Davos didn't save Edric, I'm pretty sure he would have let Melisandre toast his ass.... :wtf:

Also I know he's a bitter dude and all but he really needs to learn some tact.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I didn't like him at all until he saved the Night's Watch ass that made me change my mind about him but then again most of the cool points go to Davos' for showing initiative. I'm glad that he listened to him though.

Things I don't like about him though is that I don't like what he's prepared to do to achieve his goal (ie. burning kids up, specifically Robert's b*stards). I know he was stalling and it was mostly Melisandre all up in his ear about dem burnings and shyt but damn if Davos didn't save Edric, I'm pretty sure he would have let Melisandre toast his ass.... :wtf:

Also I know he's a bitter dude and all but he really needs to learn some tact.
yea no matter how much good shyt he may do i still see him as melisandres puppet and that doesn't sit well with me

besides ned he is the only leader who has a sense of justice.

dont compare that tool to ned the gawd :sitdown:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Come to think of it I still hold a grudge against Stannis for the way Courtnay Penrose died. That dude was trill as fukk. He didn't deserve that kind of fate.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I was never much of a Stannis fan, dude is a proven leader and trill as hell but his refusal to play the game and his blind faith in Melisandre will be his downfall. Saving the nights watch was cool, even going after Ramsay but i don't think Stannis has much longer, winter is coming and Jon will be Melisandre's new champion.

But i think people are really losing sight of what Aegon is doing....dude just TOOK the most fortified castle in Westeros. The same castle Stannis held during the WHOLE REBELLION and then some, Aegon took it in one swift stroke...the boy is about to be a force. Kevan was right to fear Jon Connington as well, even though greyscale may take him i think the Griff is gonna kill someone very important before this is over.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Any of you read any other fantasy series?

I'm a fan of R. Scott Bakker's 2nd Apocalypse series. It's quiet dark similar to ASOIAF. Not as well written plot/character wise but has some interesting philosophical arguments/themes in it.
Also Joe Abercrombie series of books (the name of his world escapes me at the moment) is very good as far as violent/low fantasy.

My favorite though from what I've read is Patrick Rothfuss's Kingkiller Chronicles. There is 2 books so far and he is similar to Martin in that he likes to lag in between releases but the story is quite addictive.

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
Ok so I finished A dance with dragons:krs:

Great book and now I have the same empty feeling yall do waiting for the other book to drop anyone has any idea when its coming out? I guess ill start with my feelings on what has been transpiring in the 7 realms

Stannis Baratheon about to come up got half the North behind him and with Cersei fukkin up her payments to the Iron Bank they know whats going down and they want to be on the winning team.Let me say I am happy I rode with Stannis since the jump and it looks like I picked the right horse

Cersei doing the walk of shame :heh: bytch finally got what was coming to her

Lady Stoneheart:pacspit:I aint like how she did Brienne she was trying to keep her word no way Brienne kills Jaime he will probably fukk her.Is this anymore out of the realm of possibilities like Tyrion marrying Sansa:birdman:

Jon Snow knows nothing as usual:beli:

Arya wow she about to turn into Xena

Littlefinger man is he the ultimate puppetmaster or what

Tyrion Lannister wow how the mighty have fallen yet he about to switch the game up again I definitely see him taking Casterly Rock as its rightful heir

The Prince of Dorne extra crispy:jawalrus:

Danerys finally able to ride her dragon

I am unclear on a couple of things maybe yall can help me out

Jon Snow gets a letter from Ramsay Bolton stating that Stannis is dead and he wants his red priest and the Karstark girl.Wouldnt Melissandre know if Stannis was dead?

Someone stated that Aegon took Storms End I am reading the book when did that happen the only thing I remember was that Aegon wanted to lead the attack not that they actually went through with it

Seriously Varys works for House Targaryan? He wants to put Aegon on the throne but dont think Danerys is going to like that very much she is more like Aegon the conquorer than this chump:scusthov:

So Bran is some mystical wizard now?When did all these dudes get superpowers?

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i wanna read this thread so bad, but i still got ~200 pages of Storm of Swords to go.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Any of you read any other fantasy series?

I'm a fan of R. Scott Bakker's 2nd Apocalypse series. It's quiet dark similar to ASOIAF. Not as well written plot/character wise but has some interesting philosophical arguments/themes in it.
Also Joe Abercrombie series of books (the name of his world escapes me at the moment) is very good as far as violent/low fantasy.

My favorite though from what I've read is Patrick Rothfuss's Kingkiller Chronicles. There is 2 books so far and he is similar to Martin in that he likes to lag in between releases but the story is quite addictive.

im more sci-fi, claasics like Dune, Snow Crash, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

i prolly would never have read ASOIAF if not for all the supernatural shyt involved

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
i'm fiending breh's my kindle broke and i need the next hit soon. any timeline when this shyt drop? :wtf:
crack-head-scraching-chappelle-show.gif

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
i'm fiending breh's my kindle broke and i need the next hit soon. any timeline when this shyt drop? :wtf:
crack-head-scraching-chappelle-show.gif

You talking about the next book or the next season.

Next season is probably March 2013. :whoo:

Next book.... Maybe 3 years. :beli:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
You talking about the next book or the next season.

Next season is probably March 2013. :whoo:

Next book.... Maybe 3 years. :beli:

i'm talking books breh i need that. i'm two steps away from planning a heist and stealing that dude's outlines.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
i'm talking books breh i need that. i'm two steps away from planning a heist and stealing that dude's outlines.

You might have to do that, breh. Last I heard about Martin is that he's worried that the Game of Thrones show may catch up before he is finished with Winds of Winter and a Dream of Spring. :aicmon:

Da Fat gawd better start writing fast. Cause I ain't about to catch the watered down plot lines of the show over the books.:beli: