A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I have a feeling that when everything is said and done Stannis will sit on the Iron throne I mean who has a better claim than him?Who more honorable,more just more right?

:usure:

I like Stannis and all but let's be reality. If Dany makes it over to Westeros Stannis gonna have a hard time taking the throne. She has Dorne and dragons backing her up.

Let's not forget, Aegon the first of his name came from a dead country and laid a burning smack down on all of Westeros because his dragons had errbody shook. :damn:

But then again my stance is weak on the future of Stannis' future since I haven't read ADwD yet.:skip:

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall

Much Appreciated breh

When Aemon was talking about the prophecy he mentioned something about Stannis having some dragons blood in him and looking how everyone said King Robert and Renly looked alike but Stannis shares none of their traits is Stannis not an actual Baratheon?

Who knows. I think he is though

Who does Varys work for?Like seriously I know he has his birds but who is he a bird for?Everyone answers to someone
That is answered i think in A Dance with Dragons. sadly the paperback does not come out until march. :damn:

Is the old commander of the knights watch I think his name was Mormont Jorahs dad?
Yep

Jon Snow is not Neds b*stard is he?
There is a theory that he is the son of Rhaegar (danny dead older brother) and Lyanna Stark. I think he is his son though just because he can wrang (jump into animals) like the rest of his brothers and sisters.

If King Robert had all these b*stards and the kids on the throne are not his why cant the throne pass to one of them? Edric Storm perhaps?
Basterds can't sit on thorne unless they are legitimized. And Stannis is not having non of that.

I have a feeling that when everything is said and done Stannis will sit on the Iron throne I mean who has a better claim than him?Who more honorable,more just more right?

I am with Stannis but Danny is on the come up what with taking over cities and having an army of dikkless. :dwillhuh: Now she got Dorne on her side as soon as she comes to westroes. Only thing Stannis can do is get his allies in the north then have them come to Kings Landing. Things are not looking up for Stannis.

Yeah I walked to Barnes and Nobles to get the paperback and she hit me with the it doesnt come out til next year I was like :birdman: then I said to myself fukk it I walked thi sway aint no point going out empty handed so I copped the hardcover:manny:

:usure:

I like Stannis and all but let's be reality. If Dany makes it over to Westeros Stannis gonna have a hard time taking the throne. She has Dorne and dragons backing her up.

Let's not forget, Aegon the first of his name came from a dead country and laid a burning smack down on all of Westeros because his dragons had errbody shook. :damn:

But then again my stance is weak on the future of Stannis' future since I haven't read ADwD yet.:skip:

See thats what I want to know Where the fukk did they come from i read about Valaryia and Doom and these old forgotten lands wehre can I go or what book do I need to read?

I know yall are saying things are looking bleak for Stannis but the Lord of Light will shine on his servant and lead him to Glory.I remember in ASOS Stannis is talking to Davos about the prophecies he has seen in the fire with Melissandre and he says he seen a king with a crown that burned the flesh off his head I think what that vision meant that he would be king but I think his reign will be short like King Robert but Stannis aint going out like a bytch to a pig:heh:

I just started ADWD

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Much Appreciated breh

Yeah I walked to Barnes and Nobles to get the paperback and she hit me with the it doesnt come out til next year I was like :birdman: then I said to myself fukk it I walked thi sway aint no point going out empty handed so I copped the hardcover:manny:

See thats what I want to know Where the fukk did they come from i read about Valaryia and Doom and these old forgotten lands wehre can I go or what book do I need to read?

I know yall are saying things are looking bleak for Stannis but the Lord of Light will shine on his servant and lead him to Glory.I remember in ASOS Stannis is talking to Davos about the prophecies he has seen in the fire with Melissandre and he says he seen a king with a crown that burned the flesh off his head I think what that vision meant that he would be king but I think his reign will be short like King Robert but Stannis aint going out like a bytch to a pig:heh:

I just started ADWD

To me it looks like Valyria got destroyed by volcanoes much like what happened to the city of Pompeii.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
To me it looks like Valyria got destroyed by volcanoes much like what happened to the city of Pompeii.

plus all that inbreeding prob made them all dumb as shyt. Unless Ageron did that just cuase he was lusting after his sisters.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
There is a hint in AFFC that the Faceless Men had a (big)hand in Valyria's destruction.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
There is a hint in AFFC that the Faceless Men had a (big)hand in Valyria's destruction.

Im pretty sure the FM had a big hand is alot of shyt that already happened and it just hasn't been revealed yet.

Having FM in this story can basically get him out of any plotholes that may arise since he can always pull out the old "the real so and so was dead, it was a FM who really was doing things" to explain damn near anything.

and there's no telling if a dragon could tell if a FM showed up as Dany, Drogon might not even think twice about the shyt :yeshrug:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Im pretty sure the FM had a big hand is alot of shyt that already happened and it just hasn't been revealed yet.

Having FM in this story can basically get him out of any plotholes that may arise since he can always pull out the old "the real so and so was dead, it was a FM who really was doing things" to explain damn near anything.

and there's no telling if a dragon could tell if a FM showed up as Dany, Drogon might not even think twice about the shyt :yeshrug:

I don't really see that happening. Has he shown that faceless men can actually mimic an exhisting person. Yeah they can change their faces, but they always seem to become some random other person. Until that Ability is shown with some minor characters, I don't see him using that cheap tactic as an easy out.

And Donkey, it isn't just Stannis that has some dragon in him, but all the Baratheon siblings. He just happens to be the one that's still alive. A Tagaryen was like an distant aunt 5 times removed, or some shyt like that way back in their lineage. Pretty sure the Queen of Thorns mentioned something about it when she was talking to Sansa or Margaery. Something about how some folks followed Robert in his rebellion sighting his bit of Targaryen blood as a reason why it would be fine for him to be king. But she said it was weak, and Robert ran the throne cause he was love struck and on a rampage, not because of their link to the dragon bloodline.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
It's in an Arya chapter, when the Kindly Man is finishing the tale about the first Faceless Man in the mines of Valyria.
Arya drew back from him. “He killed the slave?” That did not sound right. “He should have killed the masters!”
“He would bring the gift to them as well... but that is a tale for another day, one best shared with no one.”
The "gift" is death. At first I thought maybe he just killed a few dragonlords here and there, but it doesn't sound right. If that were so, then why would the KM be reluctant to say so to Arya, especially since he already admitted "he would bring the gift to them as well"?

His wording hints at something bigger. First of all he says it's a tale, so it's not simply "yeah we popped a few dragonlords". Secondly, he says the tale is best shared with "no one". "No one" is how the FM refer to themselves. Arya is training to become "no one". So the tale is something pretty important so that it would require Arya becoming a full FM before she could hear it. Again, Arya just heard the FM "would bring the gift to them as well", so it has to be something bigger than that...

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
Awesome picture from a page or two back w/ everyone identified

asoiaf_whoswho.jpg

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I feel dope for getting that 100% right....

I just got to "that" chapter in book 3 :to: i feel for Arya man...sees her dad get killed and has to hear her mom brother and family friends slaughtered less than a football field away.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
When Aemon was talking about the prophecy he mentioned something about Stannis having some dragons blood in him and looking how everyone said King Robert and Renly looked alike but Stannis shares none of their traits is Stannis not an actual Baratheon?

All the Baratheon's have dragon blood. It's why Ned and Jon Arryn felt that Robert should be the claimant to the throne in the rebellion.

Also, that's yet another reason why I believe that Jon is in no way Ned's b*stard. GRRM has gone to painstaking lengths to show Ned as the most virtuous dude in the series, pre and post war. It's called Robert's Rebellion, but let's be real, it's a war fought because of Stark losses. HIS father and brother brutally killed and his sister kidnapped and Aerys telling Arryn to send him to his death. Robert was basically his ace.

The fact that even in the face of all of this shyt he still wanted to be as proper as possible and wanted the throne for Robert because he was of Targ descent speaks volumes. GRRM has done everything to tell us that Ned ain't smashing no sidepiece.

I don't really see that happening. Has he shown that faceless men can actually mimic an exhisting person. Yeah they can change their faces, but they always seem to become some random other person. Until that Ability is shown with some minor characters, I don't see him using that cheap tactic as an easy out.

"Jaqen" kills Pate in the beginning of AFFC. When Sam shows up to the Citadel at the end Pate is there.