A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
That's fantastic art! I can't believe it's the first time I'm seeing it.:ohhh:

I'm drawing a blank on a handful of them...

-who's the one crossing blades with Oswell Whent(Kingsguard knight with the bat on his helmet)?
-who's the one with the sword on the right side next to Drogo?
-who's the one below Gregor Clegane, between Oberyn and Sandor? My first thought is Qyburn, but I think Qyburn is supposed to be considerably older than that...
-who's the one with the spear above Rickon, next to Ghost?
-who's the one next to the giant, beneath Bloodraven?

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
That's fantastic art! I can't believe it's the first time I'm seeing it.:ohhh:

I'm drawing a blank on a handful of them...

-who's the one crossing blades with Oswell Whent(Kingsguard knight with the bat on his helmet)? 'Darkstar' Gerold Dayne
-who's the one with the sword on the right side next to Drogo? Viserys
-who's the one below Gregor Clegane, between Oberyn and Sandor? My first thought is Qyburn, but I think Qyburn is supposed to be considerably older than that...Yea thats Qyburn. I think the description is right
-who's the one with the spear above Rickon, next to Ghost? Osha the Wildling
-who's the one next to the giant, beneath Bloodraven? Mance Rayder..check out the lute in his hands

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Yeah you're right about Viserys and Osha. I figured it was Qyburn from the blood stained apron, but I think he got it wrong. Qyburn is an old man, he has grey hair and looks 'grandfatherly'.

I saw Mance, I meant the one on the other side of the giant. He's directly beneath Bloodraven's raven.

I'm not sure what gives Darkstar away...

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Yeah you're right about Viserys and Osha. I figured it was Qyburn from the blood stained apron, but I think he got it wrong. Qyburn is an old man, he has grey hair and looks 'grandfatherly'.

I saw Mance, I meant the one on the other side of the giant. He's directly beneath Bloodraven's raven.

I'm not sure what gives Darkstar away...

yea you right, he couldve made qyburn older...

under the raven, thats benjen stark..

darkstar has white hair with black streaks in the front, and hes next to arthur dayne...ive been looking for the page where the artist first posted this at, but he had confirmed it in the comments section..ima search it for it now

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
under the raven, thats benjen stark..
Yeah, you're right. I originally thought Benjen was in the background, in front of the Other/ behind Coldhands, though now I suppose that's Qhorin Halfhand.

darkstar has white hair with black streaks in the front, and hes next to arthur dayne...ive been looking for the page where the artist first posted this at, but he had confirmed it in the comments section..ima search it for it now
No need, I believe you.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Where is Tyrion, and who isthe chick next to Littlefinger, Margaery? Also who's the cat with the sword on the other side of Littlefinger too? And who is the ninja looking person near the Lannisters? That is fantastic btw, but I'd love to see a key id'ing everybody.

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
i'm reading book 3 again...yeah brehs next april we are in for treats...

I totally forgot about the Hound fighting Dondarion...Jon and them climbing the wall...the mutiny at Craster's and everything that went down at Harrenhall with Jamie AND Dany swaggin on the entire Ghis region of Essos.....

geezus :win:

I just re-read book 3 too...I'll break open book 4 again here shortly...

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
So I finally finished A Feast For Crows this weekend and first off let me thank all you who advised me to read this book while it may not have dealt with alot of the characters I like it was a good book with great moments just like every other GOT books. While I will echo everyone else sentiments that ASOS was the best book so far but AFFC was very good and for anyone else who thinks about skipping the book DONT DO IT!!!!Or else I will come to your house at night and shoot you in your dikk with a crossbow:skip:

Im at work now and the markets aint doing shyt so I have enough time to type lol I just wanted to give my impressions of this book so far I have a few questions bear with me...

Let me start of by saying fukk Master Aemon for trying to shyt on lightbringer and Stannis"Light without heat an empty shell"or some shyt like that realizing on his deathbed that Danerys "Supposedly" is the lord of light born amidst salt and smoke.:rudy:fukk that Stannis Baratheon IS and ALWAYS will be the Lord of Light the one true king by rights:sadbron:

Sam Tarly is starting to get points in my book slaying and other pouncing a deserter out and getting some poontang.I have a feeling Tarly is going to turn out to be a great leader and rep his house like his father never imagined.

Lady Stoneheart:gladbron:

I hated Brienne but as the story progressed I started liking her more and more.Funny a woman would have more Honor than 99% of the knights of Westeros...Shout out to Oathkeeper thats a great name for a sword

Cersei,Cersei,Cersei where do I begin smh..... damn homey in A Clash Of Kings you was the man homey fukk happen to you?All your plots and schemes and schemes and plots now the lion has no claws and no they are not as long as mine:skip:

Jaime Lannister I always enjoy a redemption story funny how everything is falling apart yet he seems "Normal" for lack of a better term.But when did the kingslayer become the Kingsimp?

I have to be honest I really could care less about Bran and Rickon:yeshrug:

Them Dorne's done fukked up something serious with Mycella

Arya is something else I cant wait to see how her story goes

Littlefinger man damn I cant believe all the stuff he is responsible for yet like a true puppetmaster you cant see where his strings connect but man no one likes him but he still keeps making shyt happen thats a boss

Now for the questions

When Aemon was talking about the prophecy he mentioned something about Stannis having some dragons blood in him and looking how everyone said King Robert and Renly looked alike but Stannis shares none of their traits is Stannis not an actual Baratheon?

Who does Varys work for?Like seriously I know he has his birds but who is he a bird for?Everyone answers to someone

Is the old commander of the knights watch I think his name was Mormont Jorahs dad?

Jon Snow is not Neds b*stard is he?

If King Robert had all these b*stards and the kids on the throne are not his why cant the throne pass to one of them? Edric Storm perhaps?

I have a feeling that when everything is said and done Stannis will sit on the Iron throne I mean who has a better claim than him?Who more honorable,more just more right?

One more thing when did Marvel start getting involved all these people getting these powers sometimes I feel like im reading a comic book:laugh:

A

A Friend of The People

Now for the questions

When Aemon was talking about the prophecy he mentioned something about Stannis having some dragons blood in him and looking how everyone said King Robert and Renly looked alike but Stannis shares none of their traits is Stannis not an actual Baratheon?

I'm pretty sure Stannis is a Baratheon just the odd bitter middle child If the author was gonna take that route he really hasn't given any clues

Who does Varys work for?Like seriously I know he has his birds but who is he a bird for?Everyone answers to someone By the end of book 4 you finally find out who Varys is making his moves for...he never really switched sides

Is the old commander of the knights watch I think his name was Mormont Jorahs dad? Barristan the Bold? If thats who you mean him and the Old Bear had crossed paths before so I'm sure they're not related

Jon Snow is not Neds b*stard is he? :troll:

If King Robert had all these b*stards and the kids on the throne are not his why cant the throne pass to one of them? Edric Storm perhaps? Under the normal lineage no b*stard children can inherit anything, unless the king revokes the b*stard standing and makes them a full born with all rights
Now Joffrey was still worried about this so thats why he ordered all the b*stard sons in Kings landing killed

I have a feeling that when everything is said and done Stannis will sit on the Iron throne I mean who has a better claim than him?Who more honorable,more just more right? Breh if we're going by who RIGHTFULLY should sit on the throne. It's NONE of the Baratheons. They are are usurpers and the true throne belongs to a Targaryan. Keep reading for more on this

One more thing when did Marvel start getting involved all these people getting these powers sometimes I feel like im reading a comic book:laugh: The magical elements keep people on their toes. Nothing outrageous like a Harry Potter novel but enough to keep shyt interesting

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps

Who knows. I think he is though

Who does Varys work for?Like seriously I know he has his birds but who is he a bird for?Everyone answers to someone
That is answered i think in A Dance with Dragons. sadly the paperback does not come out until march. :damn:

Is the old commander of the knights watch I think his name was Mormont Jorahs dad?
Yep

Jon Snow is not Neds b*stard is he?
There is a theory that he is the son of Rhaegar (danny dead older brother) and Lyanna Stark. I think he is his son though just because he can wrang (jump into animals) like the rest of his brothers and sisters.

If King Robert had all these b*stards and the kids on the throne are not his why cant the throne pass to one of them? Edric Storm perhaps?
Basterds can't sit on thorne unless they are legitimized. And Stannis is not having non of that.

I have a feeling that when everything is said and done Stannis will sit on the Iron throne I mean who has a better claim than him?Who more honorable,more just more right?

I am with Stannis but Danny is on the come up what with taking over cities and having an army of dikkless. :dwillhuh: Now she got Dorne on her side as soon as she comes to westroes. Only thing Stannis can do is get his allies in the north then have them come to Kings Landing. Things are not looking up for Stannis.