A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
i started 4 last week. got to the brienne chapter and couldn't take no more. that shyt starts so slow.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
i started 4 last week. got to the brienne chapter and couldn't take no more. that shyt starts so slow.
I'm on the first Asha chapter.
I'm actually really enjoying the Brienne chapters so far.
I like seeing the state of the people and all of these random characters she meets, the begging brothers part was one of my favorite sequences.

Daps
:wow::wow: Just Finished The Red Wedding, George R.R Is The Truth.. The Way It Goes Back And Forth Between Catelyn And Aryas Pov Was Just :wow:

Catelyn Was Catching Every Little Detail.... She Could Tell Something Was Up

The Beating Of That Damn Drum

The Way She Just Completely Lost It :damn:

The Hound Is The fukkin Truth...Went 1 vs 3 And Murked All Them nikkas :whoo:
And Got Arya TF Outta There

Bruh They Cut Robb's fukkin Head Off Sewed Grey Winds Head Onto His Body:mjcry:

That Boy Was Only 16 Years Old :damn:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
the hound according to roy dotrice :banderas:

he's one of my favorite characters because of the audio books. the scene in stoney sept where he's just pissed off, robbed of his gold, and waiting to die is perfectly done by roy

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
the hound according to roy dotrice :banderas:

he's one of my favorite characters because of the audio books. the scene in stoney sept where he's just pissed off, robbed of his gold, and waiting to die is perfectly done by roy
I'm listening to his audio book for affc and all these voice changes are weird.

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
My major beef with the show is I don't think they do Arya justice. In the books she is my favorite character.

I'm not saying you're wrong cos opinions but...it's the first time I've heard it. Maisie is the best actor of her entire age group IMO and Arya on the show always gets singled out for praise and love. What aren't they doing right by you?

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
My fellow book readers I dont think I can continue watching the show....finally getting around to watching season 5 and I was cool with a couple changes long as the main story was intact and greatly enjoyed the show up to this point. But killing off Barristan in some back alley? That alone just fukked the show up for me. Not to mention Jorah getting the clap and this dumbass Jamie going to Dorne storyline. And im only on episode 6. Im too far to stop now but they def fukked it up for me with the Barristan thing alone

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
My fellow book readers I dont think I can continue watching the show....finally getting around to watching season 5 and I was cool with a couple changes long as the main story was intact and greatly enjoyed the show up to this point. But killing off Barristan in some back alley? That alone just fukked the show up for me. Not to mention Jorah getting the clap and this dumbass Jamie going to Dorne storyline. And im only on episode 6. Im too far to stop now but they def fukked it up for me with the Barristan thing alone

Episode 8 of the last season is arguably the BEST episode of the entire series. Don't give up yet.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
don't remind me breh. shyt is blasphemous.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I'm not saying you're wrong cos opinions but...it's the first time I've heard it. Maisie is the best actor of her entire age group IMO and Arya on the show always gets singled out for praise and love. What aren't they doing right by you?

She is amazing actress, they casted her well. Her storyline on the show is dumbed down compared to the books. And that's funny cause I know people who agree with me.

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
She is amazing actress, they casted her well. Her storyline on the show is dumbed down compared to the books. And that's funny cause I know people who agree with me.

What in the show dumbed down Arya's storyline? Her storyline is a "road story" which is fairly linear so far of a lost girl trying to survive. If anything it's been improved because she has interactions with other characters (like Tywin at Harrenhal instead of Roose Bolton) which Martin never did. I think it's the same general situation with almost everything on the show - they only have so much money and 10 hours a season so things sometimes have to simplified or cut.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
What in the show dumbed down Arya's storyline? Her storyline is a "road story" which is fairly linear so far of a lost girl trying to survive. If anything it's been improved because she has interactions with other characters (like Tywin at Harrenhal instead of Roose Bolton) which Martin never did. I think it's the same general situation with almost everything on the show - they only have so much money and 10 hours a season so things sometimes have to simplified or cut.

We will agree to disagree if you think the tv version of Arya storyline is better than the book version

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps

I wasn't as heated as some about him leaving way early, but it caught me in my feelings too, and the actor rightfully bytched about it. And it was worse when someone pointed out another reason why they may have done it - because they wanted to smooth the path for Varys and Jorah coming in and dramatically it wouldn't have worked on the show if Barry was still kickin it with Dany.