A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I try to say this too, but then I see some reddit fukkboy rumor that I know in my brain is the biggest load of reality stretching shyt and want to believe. :mjcry:

I'm calling into work sick the day that release date drops, I don't think I'll be able to function for real. It's been a long winter. :mjcry:
I was new to the books when A Dance with Dragons came out. I didn't know of the struggle.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Just read on reddit that Ian "Al mutha fukking Swearingen" McShane just got cast for a role in season 6! Fukking stellar! I don't care who he plays, he gonna fukking kill it (a lot of people are speculating Tarly, not my preference, some people suggested marwyn, that I would enjoy). Now hyped.
#Stannisisaliveyoufukkingb1tches

my guess is randyll tarly. i hope he curses out sam :russ:

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
:mjcry: slowly but surely coming to grips with the fact that if we do actually get winds of winter, the struggle will start all over again waiting for a dream of spring.

A coworker turned me onto the series about a year before ADWD was released. My dumbass thought "oh well, it sucked but the anticipation will make it better." Waited the year like a champ and really thought fans were some dramatic bytches crying about release dates. :francis:

Now I'm waiting 5 years on some books that may or may not come because the author is old, fat and maybe disinterested in finishing and I'm right along side all those dramatic bytches with my "quit wasting time going to the bathroom and just finish the fukking books" post. Words are wind, indeed.:mjcry:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
i never even heard of this shyt before the show. hbo have me a free weekend for the premiere, watched it and thought:ehh:. little finger was initially my favorite character:snoop: and when he turned on ned.:mjcry: i had to know what happened next, all the books were out by then. nobody got it worse than those 90s dudes though.

i don't think dream of spring ever dropping though. dude is way overdue for a heart attack.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, dude is a main in The Strain now. I guess there's not gonna be a revenge arc for the show. :mjcry:

The actor that plays Walder Frey has said D&D told him he will be back at some point. Also they recently cast a someone who appears to be Merrett Frey.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
If you've seen casting news you already figured that the Tower of Joy was confirmed for this season, but now its extra confirmed

The Tower of Joy confirmed! And more new details about a key role involved | Watchers on the Wall | A Game of Thrones Community for Breaking News, Casting, and Commentary

Zafra-1024x651.jpg

Courtesy of Los Siete Reinos, today we have a huge update on Game of Thrones season 6 shooting in Spain. We’ve also received some casting breakdown information from our own sources that involves the same site.

Using their local sources, Los Siete Reinos has been able to identify what Game of Thrones locations cities will be standing in for, this year. Game of Thrones production has been busy this week with costume fittings for extras and as the show gets ready to film in the area, some secrets have slipped out.

Most excitingly, their sources have confirmed that, as suspected by many, the Castillo de Zafra in Campillo de Dueñas will be playing the part of the Tower of Joy.

Spoilers below!

The unique castle, built into a bed of stone, will stand as the tower in the south of Westeros where a famous fight took place, the setting for a key flashback in the books. A casting call this June provided an early hint that a flashback was coming; the description of a Legendary Fighter indicated the show might be hunting for Ser Arthur Dayne, who was present at the Tower of Joy. The fight from the books occurs outside the Tower, and so the Castillo de Zafra is an ideal setting for the tower in the books.

So can we already go ahead and pencil in early the appearance of Ser Arthur Dayne and Howland GOAT Reed as the greatest moment in television history? :jbhmm:

Watch D&D cut Howland Reed:lolbron: I think I'd send them a ricin letter:lolbron:

tjwettem

#StarkSet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#StarkSet
If you've seen casting news you already figured that the Tower of Joy was confirmed for this season, but now its extra confirmed

The Tower of Joy confirmed! And more new details about a key role involved | Watchers on the Wall | A Game of Thrones Community for Breaking News, Casting, and Commentary

Zafra-1024x651.jpg

So can we already go ahead and pencil in early the appearance of Ser Arthur Dayne and Howland GOAT Reed as the greatest moment in television history? :jbhmm:

Watch D&D cut Howland Reed:lolbron: I think I'd send them a ricin letter:lolbron:
:blessed:

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
I'd say the inclusion of that flashback is the strongest tip-off yet that R+L=J and Jon S. aka Jon T.'s part in the story is far from over.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
it's a shame that the show forgot that walder frey even existed:beli:
But they didn't. He just hasn't done shyt since the Red Wedding..

Zafra-1024x651.jpg

People would build seige towers in D&D front yards if they had the balls to try some shyt like that