A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Just read on reddit that Ian "Al mutha fukking Swearingen" McShane just got cast for a role in season 6! Fukking stellar! I don't care who he plays, he gonna fukking kill it (a lot of people are speculating Tarly, not my preference, some people suggested marwyn, that I would enjoy). Now hyped.
#Stannisisaliveyoufukkingb1tches

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Just read on reddit that Ian "Al mutha fukking Swearingen" McShane just got cast for a role in season 6! Fukking stellar! I don't care who he plays, he gonna fukking kill it (a lot of people are speculating Tarly, not my preference, some people suggested marwyn, that I would enjoy). Now hyped.
#Stannisisaliveyoufukkingb1tches

What about Euron? :ehh:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
What in the show dumbed down Arya's storyline? Her storyline is a "road story" which is fairly linear so far of a lost girl trying to survive. If anything it's been improved because she has interactions with other characters (like Tywin at Harrenhal instead of Roose Bolton) which Martin never did. I think it's the same general situation with almost everything on the show - they only have so much money and 10 hours a season so things sometimes have to simplified or cut.

I wouldn't say dumbed down per se. But in the books Arya is actually alot more blood thirsty, has a higher body count IIRC. And she's alot more proactive. In the show she's proactive, but alot of things just kinda "happen" to her. I think the Braavos stuff coulda been better. Show Arya was too gung ho, book Arya was gung ho but also filled with anxiety.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We will get it beginning of next year, trust.
tumblr_npswwsyPp51rqsugto1_250.gif

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
so did roy forget how he did the voices between storm of swords and feast for crows? :why:

Making Dany Irish and what I see as his mispronounciations "Pet-AAAHR Baylish" are the only things detracting from otherwise awesome jobs.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
so did roy forget how he did the voices between storm of swords and feast for crows? :why:
He actually had to go in and do one because of public demand. They brought in John Lee Booker(I believe that is his name) and people were like we need Roy for this, and he came in and did it, not sure the time line, but it was many years after Storm, and Roy is very old, so I aint even mad. He did World, did a great job, just hope real life Aemon makes it to Winds.....

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
they couldn't let him hear how he did the previous ones though? i wanna say i got that other dude's, but the narrator's voice sounds correct.

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
i'll believe that when it's in my hands and i've cracked it open to read.

I try to say this too, but then I see some reddit fukkboy rumor that I know in my brain is the biggest load of reality stretching shyt and want to believe. :mjcry:

I'm calling into work sick the day that release date drops, I don't think I'll be able to function for real. It's been a long winter. :mjcry: