A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I'm on ASOS on my re read :whew:
I think that I'm gonna make a bigger post on my opinions so far later.
Started reading the books recently. Finished AGOT and almost done with ACOK

:wow:
Have you seen the show already? If so how has it colored your opinion of the books and what do you like more or less?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
How long do we have to wait until we realize WOW is not coming out before season 6? What's the latest for a book announcement before April is a no go? :mjcry:

Last edited:

Inferno

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East Bay
I'm on ASOS on my re read :whew:
I think that I'm gonna make a bigger post on my opinions so far later.

Have you seen the show already? If so how has it colored your opinion of the books and what do you like more or less?

www.reddit.com/r/asoiafreread/

You'd like that if you're rereading ASOS. They just started Chapter 1 for it too. I followed that sub as I was reading ACOK, looking at their discussions for each chapter (show watcher so didn't get any major spoilers).

The show has helped me envision a lot of the characters and scenes, but I like the books more. So much more depth to everyone's story IMO

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
im listening to ASOS now. just got to Arstan aka Barristan da gawd slapping up the titan's b*stard with a bo staff :wow:

Mero wiped his sword on his breeches. “Who’s next?” “I am.” Arstan Whitebeard leapt from his horse and stood over her, the salt wind riffling through his snowy hair, both hands on his tall hardwood staff. “Grandfather,” Mero said, “run off before I break your stick in two and bugger you with—” The old man feinted with one end of the staff, pulled it back, and whipped the other end about faster than Dany would have believed. The Titan’s b*stard staggered back into the surf, spitting blood and broken teeth from the ruin of his mouth. Whitebeard put Dany behind him. Mero slashed at his face. The old man jerked back, cat-quick. The staff thumped Mero’s ribs, sending him reeling. Arstan splashed sideways, parried a looping cut, danced away from a second, checked a third mid-swing. The moves were so fast she could hardly follow. Missandei was pulling Dany to her feet when she heard a crack. She thought Arstan’s staff had snapped until she saw the jagged bone jutting from Mero’s calf. As he fell, the Titan’s b*stard twisted and lunged, sending his point straight at the old man’s chest. Whitebeard swept the blade aside almost contemptuously and smashed the other end of his staff against the big man’s temple. Mero went sprawling, blood bubbling from his mouth as the waves washed over him.
dude is supposed to be like 60 :banderas:

imagine him at his prime :merchant:

Last edited:

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
I'm starting to get fuzzy on what's happened between the books and the show. I'm going to be lost by the time Winds of Winter comes out :beli:

I hope I'm just lost and not dead by the time GRRM gets that book out. I've lost all faith that he'll finish this series. We're getting the end on TV. :mjcry:

I hope I'm wrong though and that fat fukk cares as much about his legacy as his fans.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
so stannis doesn't know melissandre killed renly?:ohhh:

and do yaw think stannis killed robb, joffrey, and balon or no?

Last edited:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
so stannis doesn't know melissandre killed renly?:ohhh:

and do yaw think stannis killed robb, joffrey, and balon or no?

i think stannis knows mel killed renly

as for robb joff and balon, i think it was said in the official asoiaf app that mel only saw their deaths in the fire and lied to stannis to make him think she made it happen with her blood magic but she actually had nothing to do with it n neither did stannis. she just bamboozled him.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
i think stannis knows mel killed renly

as for robb joff and balon, i think it was said in the official asoiaf app that mel only saw their deaths in the fire and lied to stannis to make him think she made it happen with her blood magic but she actually had nothing to do with it n neither did stannis. she just bamboozled him.
that makes sense. the ghost of high heart let's us know the shyt is going to happen. if that's the case though.... that bytch tried to kill young edric for nothing:damn:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
that makes sense. the ghost of high heart let's us know the shyt is going to happen. if that's the case though.... that bytch tried to kill young edric for nothing:damn:

Well judging from the shadow assassin baby that came out of her twat, she does have power so it's possible that she could have done something with edric storm's blood, but she probably woulda just changed the weather or turned water to wine or someshyt like that. I think she's alot more limited than she thinks she is. She can bring back Jon Snow n that's probably it like thoros. Then again she probably really can turn a stone dragon into a real one who knows.