A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Edmure was a p*ssy and very stupid. He let Cat (and probably Lysa too) run over him because they were older. He made himself look like more a bytch for making his 15 year old nephew his king. Letting his nephew scold him for fukking up their strategy toward Tywin when Robb left him in the dark on purpose because he thought he was too stupid to follow orders. I'd choked that little faggit so fast :mjlol: There's a right way to do this and a wrong way to do this. Tywin or Tyrion didn't let Joffrey treat them like a herb. Edmure was Lord of the Riverlands, a region Robb desperately needed to further his rebellion. I wish my younger relative would talk to me like that when he NEEDS me :stopitslime:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
is not walder's bridge, it's walder's army. you got war with lannisters (who just got high garden) and greyjoys just took your shyt. this dude chose his dikkb over 10,000 swords.

I see sometimes on ASOIAF forums that Robb was honorable like his father for marrying Talisa. But I think he was just thinking with his dikk. The comparison between him and Ned doesn't fit. See Ned didn't love Cat. They grew to love each other. But Ned didn't love Cat at first. Cat was Brandon's fiance. And when Brandon died, Ned honored the marriage pact and stepped up. Ned loved Ashara Dayne. They don't go into it much in the books but, its hinted they had feelings for each other. And her house is the place in Dorne that Ned went to directly after the battle at the TOJ. Anyway....Robb loved Talisa. It wasn't a hard decision to marry a girl he loved :pachaha: Robb's duty was to marry Roslin, a woman he didn't love but, was promised to. The same way Ned was to marry Cat, a woman he didn't love. It's exactly the same scenario. Ned's in war. Robb's in war. Ned needed the Riverlands support, so he had to marry. Robb needed the Riverlands support, so he had to marry. Ned loves another girl. Robb loves another girl. Ned chooses to honor the contract. Robb doesn't. Yea....Robb "dishonored" Talisa by taking her virginity. But it was rumored the same thing happened to Ashara Dayne :mjpls:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
My honest belief is that Daemon was the true born son of Aegon the Unworthy and the "King" was Aemon the Dragonknight's b*stard.

I truly believe that too. Bloodraven probably knew it too. But Daeron was better for the realm, as he brought in Dorne peacefully. Regardless they're all still descended from Aegon I.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Edmure was a p*ssy and very stupid. He let Cat (and probably Lysa too) run over him because they were older. He made himself look like more a bytch for making his 15 year old nephew his king. Letting his nephew scold him for fukking up their strategy toward Tywin when Robb left him in the dark on purpose because he thought he was too stupid to follow orders. I'd choked that little faggit so fast :mjlol: There's a right way to do this and a wrong way to do this. Tywin or Tyrion didn't let Joffrey treat them like a herb. Edmure was Lord of the Riverlands, a region Robb desperately needed to further his rebellion. I wish my younger relative would talk to me like that when he NEEDS me :stopitslime:

Yeah, I don't get that. Edmure doesn't have telepathy. Robb should have told him the plan, if I was Edmure I would have told him straight up that he should have communicated but dude just stands there and let's himself get reamed.

One good thing about Edmure though is that he doesn't throw peasants in the bushes when shyt goes down. Probably one of the few dudes in the books who tries to help them but even Cat gave him the :ufdup: for that :russ:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
If you break it down, Robb technically was a terrible leader

He won a major victory and had them set up for another major one, but what he possessed in strategic brilliance was instantly negated by lack of communication.

Yes, I place a lot of blame on Edmure for doing what he did (thats that Tully blood). But Robb shares equal blame for not sharing his plan (thats that Tully blood).

Moral of the story is that the Tullys are the worst family in Westeros

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
If you break it down, Robb technically was a terrible leader

He won a major victory and had them set up for another major one, but what he possessed in strategic brilliance was instantly negated by lack of communication.

Yes, I place a lot of blame on Edmure for doing what he did (thats that Tully blood). But Robb shares equal blame for not sharing his plan (thats that Tully blood).

Moral of the story is that the Tullys are the worst family in Westeros

:deadmanny:

I wonder that Jon Snow would have done in Robb's shoes.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I see sometimes on ASOIAF forums that Robb was honorable like his father for marrying Talisa. But I think he was just thinking with his dikk. The comparison between him and Ned doesn't fit. See Ned didn't love Cat. They grew to love each other. But Ned didn't love Cat at first. Cat was Brandon's fiance. And when Brandon died, Ned honored the marriage pact and stepped up. Ned loved Ashara Dayne. They don't go into it much in the books but, its hinted they had feelings for each other. And her house is the place in Dorne that Ned went to directly after the battle at the TOJ. Anyway....Robb loved Talisa. It wasn't a hard decision to marry a girl he loved :pachaha: Robb's duty was to marry Roslin, a woman he didn't love but, was promised to. The same way Ned was to marry Cat, a woman he didn't love. It's exactly the same scenario. Ned's in war. Robb's in war. Ned needed the Riverlands support, so he had to marry. Robb needed the Riverlands support, so he had to marry. Ned loves another girl. Robb loves another girl. Ned chooses to honor the contract. Robb doesn't. Yea....Robb "dishonored" Talisa by taking her virginity. But it was rumored the same thing happened to Ashara Dayne :mjpls:
he broke a vow, he was fukking up his honor either way. then he cuts the karstark's head, but mom frees kingslayer and gets a slap in the wrist. he wasn't shyt outside of battle.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
My honest belief is that Daemon was the true born son of Aegon the Unworthy and the "King" was Aemon the Dragonknight's b*stard.
I respect the theory, I personally don't believe it though. I think the dragon knight was more honorable than that, but it could go either way, and the outcome doesn't change, right?

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
he broke a vow, he was fukking up his honor either way. then he cuts the karstark's head, but mom frees kingslayer and gets a slap in the wrist. he wasn't shyt outside of battle.
Exactly. That's what I'm saying in regards to owning it. You decided to marry that thot, and that's what it was, when he started the whole "let's make it right by bowing to Walder" it came undone. He was selective with what he learned from Ned, and it got them killed. Ned was never a king, so those choices that you make when you are a leige lord and the choices you make when you are a king, can be different.

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
I respect the theory, I personally don't believe it though. I think the dragon knight was more honorable than that, but it could go either way, and the outcome doesn't change, right?
What's honor when love is involved. Ned loved Lyanna so much, he claimed Jon as his own to fufill a promise...

But yes, the outcome is still the same.

KingMalik

All Star
Daps

That's why it's believable to me.

His sister/wife was a saint, literally. The brother was the most honorable knight alive. And Aegon IV the worst king to ever sit the throne in Targaryen history. It's absolutely perfect that he was telling the truth but, because his word was worth less than a bucket of shyt and because he was a deplorable human being, nobody believed him.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
robb is jaime lannister. men will follow him into battle and he will win most or all of them, and his legend carries throughout westeros with much hyperbole, had legendary fathers, given great responsibility via titles at a really young age, fukking girls they weren't supposed to

major difference is that jaime lived long enough to get sent to the riverlands and grow up a little bit, and the one who wanted robb's head were thorough and catelyn were not

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
interesting read about R+L=J today on reddit

this is from an interview with GRRM on westeros.org
http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/1202/

5. Since all of their mothers died, who gave Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen and Tyrion Lannister their names?

Mothers can name a child before birth, or during, or after, even while they are dying. Dany was most like named by her mother, Tyrion by his father, Jon by Ned.

notice how he says dany was named by her mother, tyrion by his father, and jon by ned instead of and jon by his father

not that we need anymore proof. pretty much 100% confirmed in my eyes and in many others' eyes.

but pretty interesting :ehh: